Quote Originally Posted by DarkSkies View Post
When it comes to paying attention to these issues....the truth is....it's damn boring!

I get that....and find that apathy in many areas in life when I try to get fishermen involved......

The thing is, every year we notice less and less big fish caught....
The OGB is fond of saying....."Striped bass are not like Doritos, you just can't make more!"

I think that's a great assessment....and really wish folks would pay attention when he says that.....
X2. The last 5 years I have been a steady decline here. Go to Maine and it's even worse. You can still get fish but mostly schoolies. Those SC videos are accurate as well. Wetzel is talking about the range of bass. He said someone asked him the question if the striped bass are so healthy how come they have not expanded their range? The guides in Maine will tell you the range is shrinking.
Bass summer as far north as Nova Scotia. Ask the folks up there how well they are doing each year. Even worse.

I have read many of finchasers post over the years. both here and on other sites. You can tell he speaks from the heart and love of the sport. Thank you finchaser.