Thread: Frustrating wind

Hybrid View

Default Re: Frustrating wind

I but the bullet and got a decent deal on the Orvis one. I did note a huge improvement with the basket.

Got my first fish on a fly

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20130327_151309.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	82.9 KB 
ID:	16762

way to go Barbosa

V-pass if your thinking of bringing a fly rod on the beach with us let me know so I can bring my hard hat and goggles for protection.

Pay attention to what history has taught us or be prepared to relive it again

Looks like a carp? wtg, JB!

Quote Originally Posted by J Barbosa View Post
    Got my first fish on a fly
    NIce, Going J. Carp is not that easy to catch. What fly did you use?

Quote Originally Posted by finchaser View Post
    V-pass if your thinking of bringing a fly rod on the beach with us let me know so I can bring my hard hat and goggles for protection.
    The only time you have to watch out is when I'm fishing clousers. Had many bumps on the head, even a shattered rod. I don't fish them anymore.Lol

I was "sight" fishing and scared away an easy two dozen fish before getting this one. I believe the fly is called a nymph or some sort of nymph. These fish are rooting in the bottom in about 1 foot of water.

i bought a fly tying vise and started tying clousers; they actually look pretty decent. They are the only saltwater fly I own so far. From what you say it sounds like they are not newbie friendly.

Nice fish about how big?

Quote Originally Posted by J Barbosa View Post
    I was "sight" fishing and scared away an easy two dozen fish before getting this one. I believe the fly is called a nymph or some sort of nymph. These fish are rooting in the bottom in about 1 foot of water.

i bought a fly tying vise and started tying clousers; they actually look pretty decent. They are the only saltwater fly I own so far. From what you say it sounds like they are not newbie friendly.
    A guy that I use to work with use to fish for them in the Delarware with nymph and willybuggers. He told me that when they are mudding there easier to catch. I never tried for them in the Delaware.

I use to catch carp in florida. I use to chum them with white bread then cast a white marabou fly, and wait till they worked their way to the fly. caught a few to 12 pounds. I have a picture that i need to scan. los of fun.