First I thought I would lump this in among the other threads. After my experience yesterday, I saw how critical it could be to my safety, and figured it might be of use to others to talk about it if they also have issues with cramping.

And this doesn't have anything to do (for me) with personal physical fitness either. My legs are a dynamo, I used to win kickboard contests when on the swim team as a kid, and they served me well on the Pop Warner football team. They can take some abuse and I push my stamina each time with the Hobie pedal yak.

Yesterday, and some other times, I got severe cramps from pushing it too much, and had to find a place to get out and work them out.

Here's a trick that was handed down to me by Pebbles' Dad. I'm extremely grateful he taught me this, and wanted to share it with you folks:

When any cramping or "charley horse" occurs at any point in my body, I find the "pinch point" located at the middle of my upper lip.

I pinch it with all my strength, and eventually it will cause the cramp to subside. There's a nerve ending there that's connected to your body reflex for cramps. If the cramp is not subsiding, I pinch as hard as needed, sometimes hard enough to draw blood.

If anyone has similar remedies they've used or can post up more up about cramps and why we get them, from the internet, I would be grateful. Thanks.