Thread: Megabaits

Default Megabaits

Until the past year I had never heard of them. Finchaser mentioned the Mucho Minnow is a copy of a smaller Megabait.
    They look like quality plastics. No longer made.
    Anyone ever fish them?

Here are a few.

White Water Monty 2.00 (WWM)
    Future Long Islander (ASAP)

Default Re: Megabaits

This and the mambo minnow are two great early and late season profiles. There is a lot of hype over the SP and how effective it is. I think when people only focus on the SP, they are missing out on some of the plugs that have been around for a lot longer and are proven producers. Maybe it's a case that when something is not produced any more it falls out of favor. I like the idea that people are looking at other alternatives.

When the water is cold, I fish it very slow. If the fish are there these plugs will draw them to hit. Good thread Monty.

I always liked the mega bait in the spring and fall. When they closed their doors I bought 36 JB110 which are the ones pictured. Sp's are in another category with bombers . IMO these out fish the Mombo hands down my last 40 or so bass in 2012 came on the Mucho Minnow knock off of the Mega bait. Since the Mucho i have sold all but 6 mega baits as they still bring top dollar they had that kind of following. The Mucho has a far superior finish so out with old in with the new.

Pay attention to what history has taught us or be prepared to relive it again

I'm down to my last 2 Megabaits in Black , and blue. Lost one last year in yellow, just after replacing the hardware. The finish on the megabait has flaked off. I'm thinking of painting them. I caught alot of nice fish on them. I was bidding on ebay for 3 Megabait. I lost the bid they sold for 60 dollars.

Quote Originally Posted by vpass View Post
    I'm down to my last 2 Megabaits in Black , and blue. Lost one last year in yellow, just after replacing the hardware. The finish on the megabait has flaked off. I'm thinking of painting them. I caught alot of nice fish on them. I was bidding on ebay for 3 Megabait. I lost the bid they sold for 60 dollars.

I have 4 Original Megabaits olive over a whiteish silver the JB 110's they are 5" and 7/8 ounce. These were a limited production run. I gave them a coat of epoxy finish so factory finish does not peel off and upgraded hardwear. You can have them for $10.00 each shipped to your door.

Pay attention to what history has taught us or be prepared to relive it again

Quote Originally Posted by finchaser View Post
    I have 4 Original Megabaits olive over a whiteish silver the JB 110's they are 5" and 7/8 ounce. These were a limited production run. I gave them a coat of epoxy finish so factory finish does not peel off and upgraded hardwear. You can have them for $10.00 each shipped to your door.
    I'll Take them all, Thanks

PM sent

I like the jb110s as well. Great producers for early spring and late fall. You can still pick them up at garage sales and fishing flea markers for cheap.

I've had good luck with the original Megabaits and the copycat version made by Guides Secret the Mucho Minnow that FinChaser recommended.