Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: NJ Fishing Reports for April 2013....www.StripersAndAnglers.com

Default NJ Fishing Reports for April 2013....www.StripersAndAnglers.com

NJ fishing reports for April 2013. ..www.StripersandAnglers.com

NJ fishing reports for April 2013...www.stripersandanglers.com

**Important when registering on our site -- use an active email address so you can activate your account to be able to post.

Please post fishing reports here.......as little or as much detail as you want to give.

Please note: NO SPOT BURNING. Posts burning spots will be Edited or DELETED.
    Some veteran fishermen have put in years developing and learning about certain spots.Some of these spots can only handle a few guys at a time. We are losing enough access as it is, due to the unfortunate behavior of a few selfish people. No sense in making it worse.

**For some areas, it would be wiser to say:
    Out Front (Ocean) OR -- Out Back (Bay) -- if you feel too many people will figure out what you are talking about. "Spot burning" also could involve mentioning something specific only to that area. Remember that thousands of people could potentially read these posts. You don't want to be fishing next to ALL of them at the same time.

IF you are fishing an area that is NOT residential, being vague is less critical. For example, it's acceptable to say (Any)Park, or (Any)Bay, or mention a specific state park that has loads of parking and can handle the crowds.

1. If you are unclear on this concept, ask yourself:
    If I name this place on the internet, will it be too crowded for me to enjoy tomorrow when people hear I got 30 fish here today?

2. If the answer is "Yes", then you should probably not be so specific.
    More discussion on this:
    http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/...ead.php?t=3763

If you have any additional details you would like to share - weather conditions, tide (incoming, outgoing, ebb, flood) water temps, bait present, or other mention of techniques or plugs used - feel free.

Some acronyms -

SH - Sandy Hook
    NoMoCo - Northern Monmouth County (below the hook to Shark River Inlet SRI)
    SoMoCo - Southern Monmouth County (below SRI to Manasquan Inlet)

OC - Ocean County
    IBSP - Island Beach State Park
    LBI - Long Beach Island

AC - Atlantic County
    CISP - Corson's Inlet State Park
    CMC - Cape May County
    GEI - Great Egg Inlet
    TI - Townsend's Inlet

RB - Raritan Bay
    BB - Barnegat Bay
    CB - Chesapeake Bay
    DB - Delaware Bay

Default Re: NJ Fishing Reports for April 2013....www.StripersAndAnglers.com

Ledhead36,
    you won the plug in the March 2013 random drawing!
    PM me your address so I can send it out to ya!

We post these reports so our community will have a sense of what is working, what is not. We want to show people how to catch fish, rather than where.

If you struck out or got skunked, it would be helpful to hear that as well. Anyone who posts a report can win a plug even if they got skunked!

This month we're giving out plugs from Ace Baits, or something similar.
    http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/...splay.php?f=83

Thanks for posting and helping to make this a great site!

Quote Originally Posted by DarkSkies View Post

2013 will be a very different year for a lot of fishermen, particularly those who fish the surf.

There is still limited access at many ocean areas.
    Bay areas wracked by Sandy's destruction are slowly being rebuilt.
    There are still several areas that may take years for them to put them back together...
    **We are all responsible for the Access we have as Fishermen out there......

Please don't let this happen...
    Remember this Spring we will have twice the number of fishermen, fishing in half the number of places because of this limited access. Please try to keep that in mind when posting reports or pictures..
    Thanks for reading, and Best of Luck this Season....

Also, for those who are not aware, there are several threads on Drag Island at Somers Point in Cape May/Atlantic Counties.....
    I am on the DIAPA Committee. We are tryiing to promote awareness and save this access for ALL fishermen.....

For those who have some time, please join us in calling the governor, or helping to fight for this Accesss.....

http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/...-Island-Access

http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/...e-Lousy-Island

http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/...aded-Stepchild

**For those who are too busy to get involved, please at least sign the petition.....
    If you have signed already, many thanks...but I will continue to ask for more support until there is a firm resolution...Please see if you can re-affirm your committment by getting as many of your family members to sign as possible...you can even use the same e-mail...Thank you to all who have been willing to continue this battle.....

463 so far!
    Thanks for any support you can give.
    http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/s...island-access/

Fished this morning, 5-6am. In the back. Rubber and lite jig on the bottom. 3 runt bass. Crappy and rainy conditions, just perfect for bassing. Should have been a few more there but that was all she wrote.

Quote Originally Posted by jigfreak View Post
    Crappy and rainy conditions, just perfect for bassing. Should have been a few more there but that was all she wrote.
    My kind of fishing weather too. You win some you lose some jigfreak at least you got into a few. Nice going.
    DS as to the drag island thing I agree with jigfreak. The fishing clubs have thousands of members. It's time for them to get their members to sign,

Got out of work early and hit the back of the bay late afternoon for 1 1/2 hours. It was windy and cold. Some fish around, 3 to 27". clams.

Quote Originally Posted by ledhead36 View Post
    Got out of work early and hit the back of the bay late afternoon for 1 1/2 hours. It was windy and cold. Some fish around, 3 to 27". clams.
    Nice, congrats on the action and getting out there. Wind really kicked up where I live (inland).
    White Water Monty 2.00 (WWM)
    Future Long Islander (ASAP)

wish4fish and I got out in the bay again last night. 4 fish to 33" I got the bigger one. His was just barely a keeper. 2 shorts. Clams. Water warmed up a bit

Great report ledhead! did you see any drum caught. Heard there was one along for a ride with the bass.

Cowherder, they got a nice one earlier but not when we were there. I know the guys that got it they are good fishermen and out every day. I would rather talk about what we are catching than hype it up about others catches. It is still a little slow but if you put your time in you will catch.

I would rather talk about what we are catching than hype it up about others catches. It is still a little slow but if you put your time in you will catch.
    True dat, make your own reports and put your time in. In many places guys are asking whos catching, where are they catching, what should i use? Get out there and fish! Thanks for your reports dude and congrats to you both you earned those fish.

Nice!

wish4fish and I got out in the bay again last night. 4 fish to 33" I got the bigger one. His was just barely a keeper. 2 shorts. Clams. Water warmed up a bit

haha dude but you got 1 and i got 3 lol! gotta hit it again got a good feeling about tonite

Nice going led and wish. Fished last night but got shut out by the wind.

Fished in the back 4-6pm got 2 stripers on clams. one 20" one 27" both released

Way to go fellas.

thanx dudes we got sum more last night a crew of us there we got 11 bass to 34". 3 keepers! I got the 34 incher ledhead came close but I beat him by 1" and no tail stretch. all on clams fish r hungry get out their!

Good report again wish4fish. Fish definitely more active. Managed 5 yesterday in the back. All runts, but shorter fishing time than the night before. Small rubber on the bottom. Still windy, more variable.

Quote Originally Posted by jigfreak View Post
    Fish definitely more active. Managed 5 yesterday in the back. All runts, but shorter fishing time than the night before. Small rubber on the bottom. Still windy, more variable.

Way to represent jigfreak! I think it is all turning on at the same time. Last week was terrible real spotty. Way better this week. wish4fish did beat me but there's always tonight. We will be back out hoping to see if it will continue. Good luck guys it's a beautiful day out there!

Man you guys are on a roll! Thanks for the reports will probably be out tonight or tomorrow. High tide at six o clock should be prime!

Nice going guys thank you for the reports.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast