Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: NJ Fishing Reports for April 2013....www.StripersAndAnglers.com

Default Re: NJ Fishing Reports for April 2013....www.StripersAndAnglers.com

We have a few small local bass around. Nothing like you are getting though. I enjoy the reports and photos. Catch em up!

Fished back bay, cape may area from 4-6:30 am and caught the skunk.

Did the wait and bait thing today. Started at 12 low tide it was really low with the new moon coming on the 10th. Fresh clams one striper 26" as the tide was coming in. Had to wade out and hold the rod to get that fish. Glad that the water is warm. Got a little tired of the wait and went in search of some adult entertainment. Had an early dinner and will try to find some action in the next few hours. It's really nice down here but you have to pick your spot. Lots of guys fishiing not many catching.

Quote Originally Posted by storminsteve View Post
    Got a little tired of the wait and went in search of some adult entertainment. Had an early dinner and will try to find some action in the next few hours.
    I am thinking that your early dinner was the adult entertainment. LD Room?

^^^^ My lips are sealed.

Soaked some clams at island beach. Zippo.

This is stll a great time of year to be a beach fisherman. Guys in the boats are striking out big time when searching. Apparently the bass aren't around even in enough numbers for them to find consistent marks. It sucks to sit on the shore and wait all that time for a few fish. At least there is a chance when the flats warm up at the end of day. Thanks for the reports good to know there are a few bass around in the bays.

Quote Originally Posted by plugcrazy View Post
    Guys in the boats are striking out big time when searching. Apparently the bass aren't around even in enough numbers for them to find consistent marks. It sucks to sit on the shore and wait all that time for a few fish. At least there is a chance when the flats warm up at the end of day..

I agree 100% you nailed it. Seems like the fish come through a few at a time. Flats warming up should be the ticket not always. Went back again yesterday late afternoon and got bubkus.

Glad to see I wasn't the only one that skunked out. I fished raritan bay last night and got nothing not even a tap. Was using clams. Oh well that's why they call it fishing and not catching.

Fished ocean side this morning. Tried the same area I was in last week from 1:30-4:30, threw rubber jigs, plastic and wood with teaser and had no action. Moved to another area and fished there from 5:45-9:15. Picked up a short on the Surfstix teaser.

Also a skate on a rubber jig.

Fun time, nice weather. Water was a bit murky in both areas, had a nice chop to it. Great having the beach to myself.

Seems like the ocean has more water in it this year , didn't remember ever seeing it this high...my memory may be shot too...

White Water Monty 2.00 (WWM)
    Future Long Islander (ASAP)

Love those sunrise pcs monty they are some of the most awesome ones I have seen. Good to see you found a fish and had some fun.
    4 of us fished clams in the back last night. Nice night but the fish didn't really cooperate. 3 fish for a 5 hour tour, 2 were keepers to 31".

Fished an inlet in south jersey from 4-6am. Dirty looking water came up empty handed.

Quote Originally Posted by ledhead36 View Post
    Love those sunrise pcs monty they are some of the most awesome ones I have seen. .
    X2 keep em coming and thanks for sharing.

Fished the raritan bay from 2-6:15 Was using clams. The guy in the tackls shop said they are crushing them every day but I dd not see that. If you ask me I think he's saying that bs to get the fishermen out there. There were a lot of guys lined up. Late afternoon there were a few fish caught. Some nice ones too. I got one that was 22", put him back to get bigger. thank you guys for the advice about holding the rod. It was a pita but I think if I wasn't holding the rod I might have missed the fish. There were a few guys who didn't set the hook right and lost fish. These were the guys sitting down the ones with 4 rods apiece. By the time you get to the rod the fish could be gone. I think you''re def better off holding it.

Quote Originally Posted by Monty View Post
    Fished ocean side this morning. Tried the same area I was in last week from 1:30-4:30, threw rubber jigs, plastic and wood with teaser and had no action. Moved to another area and fished there from 5:45-9:15. Picked up a short on the Surfstix teaser.

Also a skate on a rubber jig.

Fun time, nice weather. Water was a bit murky in both areas, had a nice chop to it. Great having the beach to myself.

Seems like the ocean has more water in it this year , didn't remember ever seeing it this high...my memory may be shot too...

haha monty at least you caught a bass. I think it's cool that you caught a skate too on rubber no one seems to be catching them yet exept you. Good luck this spring and let me say I really like those pictures you post.

^^^Monty is the Pro at most unusual catches. A skate? pffft. he's just warming up.
    Where are finchaser and dark aren't they fishing already? Let me know when the fat fish get here fellas. In the meantime I'm happy with a glass of Curvosier. Catch those little runts up. I'm shooting for the finchaser hotline this year.

Quote Originally Posted by porgy75 View Post
    The guy in the tackls shop said they are crushing them every day but I dd not see that. If you ask me I think he's saying that bs to get the fishermen out there.
    That's part of the game porgy get used to it. You want honesty from tackle shop owners you have to be a regular customer. Get to know how to read between the lines. In the first weeks of the season half the fish that are weighed in at one shop may not even come from that area. The worst is the one in seaside that posted the daily youtube and facebook videos. He would film a pod of bunker popping and feeding and call it a blitz. After a while you learn who to believe and who exaggerates everything 200%. Buying stuff in one shop regularly is your best bet.

Even Ernie Wuesthoff would tell you he was killing them every day. One good thing with Ernie you would get a colorful story to go along with the bs. Miss ya Ernie.

Quote Originally Posted by bababooey View Post
    ^^^Monty is the Pro at most unusual catches. A skate? pffft. he's just warming up.
    Where are finchaser and dark aren't they fishing already? Let me know when the fat fish get here fellas. In the meantime I'm happy with a glass of Curvosier. Catch those little runts up. I'm shooting for the finchaser hotline this year.
    Another week or so me for me, when the dog woods bloom. Not into molesting juvenile fish some still stressed from the winter. As for Dark he is in a world of his own.

Pay attention to what history has taught us or be prepared to relive it again

Quote Originally Posted by jigfreak View Post
    That's part of the game porgy get used to it. You want honesty from tackle shop owners you have to be a regular customer. Get to know how to read between the lines. In the first weeks of the season half the fish that are weighed in at one shop may not even come from that area. The worst is the one in seaside that posted the daily youtube and facebook videos. He would film a pod of bunker popping and feeding and call it a blitz. After a while you learn who to believe and who exaggerates everything 200%. Buying stuff in one shop regularly is your best bet.

Even Ernie Wuesthoff would tell you he was killing them every day. One good thing with Ernie you would get a colorful story to go along with the bs. Miss ya Ernie.

so true and always across the street from the store he is missed by many

Pay attention to what history has taught us or be prepared to relive it again

We took the night shift last night. Lots of fish hungry for clams. Managed 19 to 30" between 3 of us. 4 keepers, kept 3 released one. Sea lice on fish they are here.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast