Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: NJ Fishing Reports for April 2013....www.StripersAndAnglers.com

Default Re: NJ Fishing Reports for April 2013....www.StripersAndAnglers.com

Nice ledhead! I am killing myself for not going back last night. Way to keep at it you deserve those fish!

Quote Originally Posted by plugcrazy View Post
    This is stll a great time of year to be a beach fisherman. Guys in the boats are striking out big time when searching. Apparently the bass aren't around even in enough numbers for them to find consistent marks.
    X2. Some of the headboats have been striking out. There was one report from yesterday, private boat. The guy loaded a circle around his boat with crushed clams. Clam chum and clam on the hook they should have clobbered the fish. Their catch? One 28" bass for all that and 1/2 bushel of clams. Tells me the fish are really not as thick as some say they are.
    Ledhead nice job. Thats your best bet right now to let the bass come to you as they scour the flats for food at the end of the day.

Great catch ledhead you da man!

Jigged up a few in the back tonight. They were aggressive maybe feeding on small grass shrimp or spearing not sure. Small rubber. Some fat fish. Got 9, one that went about 8#. No legal fish. All still swimming.

fished the ocean the morning with clams not a thing. going to try the bay tonight.

to all who are making the effort.

The TCB crew was at it last night got some fish on clams to 10-11#.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4-8-13 bay bass 10 lbs.cropped pg.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	9.2 KB 
ID:	16817

I was out last night for the 2nd trip of the season.
    First kayak trip of the year, bad time and tide by the time I got out there.
    Still managed 2 short bass on rubber.

Report in the kayak reports thread.

Picked up 4 bass today in rariitan bay from 4:30-6:30. Tide was incoming. Water was very warm. I don't know what the exact temp was but the app I checked on the phone said it went from 48-58 degrees. Wow 10 degrees! Bass were 22-26 ". Clams. good to go! Beautiful weather, very crowded.

good deal I was itching to get out there today and couldn't. Thanks for the reports.

fished the bay last night 630 till 930 2 bass 1 keeper 29 1/2 inches and a skate.it was a beautiful night,and only 2 other people fishing on the whole beach.

Fished rb early am to 10 am. A few shorts caught and saw bunker poping in close.Anyday the fing should pick up.

Bay last night. Found a quiet spot got one keeper at 30" and a few shorts. stinky clams

1. Caught on Mon night. Sent in by a member here. Caught by his friend. 28lbs, Congrats

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4-8-13 bay bass 28lbs cropped.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	76.4 KB 
ID:	16818

2. Other congrats to T, who I met about 8 years ago and fishes every chance he gets. Landed a 15# bass about 2 hours ago before the rain.

Congrats to all who are getting out. The smartest ones are not following the herds. They have their own logs to follow. They remember the patterns from year to year and don't need the internet to tell them how and where to fish.

Some of the standard crews have been out since the beginning of the season, pulling all-nighters and suffering for it with work and family the next day. These are the guys who have been out whether the weather is good or bad and do pay attention to subtle differences every year.....when you hear that they caught 20 or 30 in a night there will be haters who feel it isn't possible...

The best response I can say to that is:
    "If you are only fishing when the weather is good, and not willing to sacrifice, freeze your hands and feet, sacrifice hours of sleep, and not willing to learn not just where, but why, you may catch one of these fish....but to do it consistently, every year....you need to open your eyes and fish when the fish are there....

Despite the hype, there are very small windows each year.
    Every year, in my experience, those windows get smaller and smaller.....
    The numbers of resident fish shrinks, the sizes shrink....
    The reality is that the bigger fish, have been caught at the rate of about 1 out of every 200 fish.......

Food for thought.....

tonight. Dropping pressure good, lightning on the water bad. Nice fish dark.

Beautiful fish 28 lbs whoa! Looks like the bigguns are finally here!

Quote Originally Posted by DarkSkies View Post
    The best response I can say to that is:
    "If you are only fishing when the weather is good, and not willing to sacrifice, freeze your hands and feet, sacrifice hours of sleep, and not willing to learn not just where, but why, you may catch one of these fish....but to do it consistently, every year....you need to open your eyes and fish when the fish are there....

Despite the hype, there are very small windows each year.
    Every year, in my experience, those windows get smaller and smaller.....
    The numbers of resident fish shrinks, the sizes shrink....
    The reality is that the bigger fish, have been caught at the rate of about 1 out of every 200 fish.......

Food for thought.....
    Amen brother!

It almost sounds like you're referrring to Swiss, yamo and DT with the crew reference. You couldn't have been talking about us we catch fish by accident. We were out there last night till it got hairy. Few small fish and one keeper 31". Lightning on the water and all hell broke loose mad dash for dry ground. Its been said here many times that no fish is worth your life. Be careful out there fellas.

Quote Originally Posted by ledhead36 View Post
    Its been said here many times that no fish is worth your life. Be careful out there fellas.
    x2 don't be a hero. Be safe

Tonight from 6 to 10 I finally decided to see if I could get some action on the bay. Didn't get any keepers but pulled in two shorts.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkSkies View Post
    1Some of the standard crews have been out since the beginning of the season, pulling all-nighters and suffering for it with work and family the next day. These are the guys who have been out whether the weather is good or bad and do pay attention to subtle differences every year.....when you hear that they caught 20 or 30 in a night there will be haters who feel it isn't possible...
    Well we didn't get 20 or 30 but we did get 18 tonight.Good night of fishing. Weather not as bad as the forecast and the fish were hungry. Seems like a new crop moved in. Most were small but we did manage to pull 4 keepers to 36" out of the slop between the 4 of us. Some nice fat fish. Went through a half bushel of clams. One of the better nights we have had so far.

Nice ledhead thanks for the info!

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast