Thread: New Member

Default New Member

Hi, Just wanted to introduce myself, userid catsmow Name Walt. I'm 68 years old have been fishing my whole life. Now almost exclusively salt water. Been fishing Raritan Bay and Sandy Hook for the last 30 years. Currently will be launching out of Rumson Municipal Ramp. Long time member of Keasby Boat Club.
    We lost out ramp several years ago and last few years launched out of Sayreville Municipal ramp. Favorite fishing for fluke along with trying for the other species. Looking forward to warmer temps. Tight lines !

Default Re: New Member

Hi

I fish the same area.

I am hearing stories about boat ramp nightmares already.

Hey welcome aboard Walt! I fish a lot of the areas you do to. The Sayreville area has been a dynamite white perch area for a long time. Good winter eats. Look forward to your posts and tight lines.

Walt, welcome to stripers and anglers. Like the user name, pretty cool.

Welcome to the nut house catsmeow!

Welcome aboard.
    You got cats?
    White Water Monty 2.00 (WWM)
    Future Long Islander (ASAP)

Quote Originally Posted by catsmeow View Post
    Hi, Just wanted to introduce myself, userid catsmow Name Walt. I'm 68 years old have been fishing my whole life. Now almost exclusively salt water. Been fishing Raritan Bay and Sandy Hook for the last 30 years.
    68 years young......I bet you have a lot of stories of things you've seen, Walt. Welcome! Would be interested in hearing your perspectives any time.

Quote Originally Posted by Monty View Post
    Welcome aboard.
    You got cats?
    Some words of advice catsmeow do not ask this guy monty about cats he will bombard you with pics and stories until your head explodes. Otherwise he's ok.

Quote Originally Posted by bababooey View Post
    Some words of advice catsmeow do not ask this guy monty about cats he will bombard you with pics and stories until your head explodes. Otherwise he's ok.

White Water Monty 2.00 (WWM)
    Future Long Islander (ASAP)

Welcome catsmeow! What is your most memorable experience fishing?

Quote Originally Posted by bababooey View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Monty View Post

bababooy the Communist. Got any recipes for stir fried cats? Welcome to the site, catsmeow. Whats the story behind your screen name?

Hey Guys, Thanks for the warm welcome. Definatly have a bunch of stories. Spent like 20 minutes typing my most memorable and than hit the wrong button and lost it. Can't type is all again right now. Oh have a dog no cats. Looking forward to exchanging post. Tight lines.... Walt

Welcome aboard Walt.Enjoy the show...
    Cranky Old Bassturd.

Quote Originally Posted by catsmeow View Post
    Definatly have a bunch of stories. Spent like 20 minutes typing my most memorable and than hit the wrong button and lost it. Can't type is all again right now. Tight lines.... Walt

Walt, sorry it took so long to respond to this.
    We have a lot of neat features on this upgraded version of Vbulletin.

One of them is the Auto Save

I Auto Save -- Saving long posts in case your Browser crashes:

1. if you are typing a long post, every minute or so you will see a vanishing message pop up under the right bottom frame of your posting window, near where it is shaded grey.
    2. It will look something like this:
    Auto-Saved

3. This will be highlighted in yellow, and only appears for a few seconds before vanishing.
    4. Should your browser somehow crash, or this site does not refresh as you post, you did not necessarily lose your post.
    5. Refresh first.....if somehow your post was lost.
    6. If the screen freezes up you may have no choice but to reboot and sign in again.
    7. As you log in again, go to the previous forum where you were posting.
    8. You should see a similar window as the Auto-Save that you previously noticed.
    9 This time, it will be in the bottom left hand side. Near to the grey part of your posting window.

10. It will ask you "Restore Auto-Saved Content?"
    When you see that you need to bring your cursor over to it, and click on it quickly, before it fades away. Clicking on it should restore your content from last session.

II Fool-Proof way not to lose Content or your Post:
    1. If you type a long post, it can seem impossible to re-construct it again if for some reason your browser or a site crashes before you hit the "submit Reply" button.
    2. Therefore, I have gotten into the habit, whenever I have a long post, (which is almost always )...to use the left mouse button to highlight the whole post.
    3. Start at the top and scroll down all the way to the bottom, highlighting everything.
    4. If you are not sure how to do this, practice with a small post first. It gets easier over time.
    5. Then, you use your right mouse button, to hit the choice "Copy"
    6 This saves your text in memory, and will allow you to post it again, even if it is lost.

** Also.....If you want to Cut and Paste, you follow the above steps, using the "Cut" choice on the drop down menu after right clicking your mouse.

Hope this helps, Walt, and makes things a little easier on ya!

Quote Originally Posted by surfstix1963 View Post
    Welcome aboard Walt.Enjoy the show...
    What^^^said

Pay attention to what history has taught us or be prepared to relive it again