Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: No Need to Panic

Default No Need to Panic

Ok Everyone take a deep breath. You never know what your gonna get. I have to say just about about every fall has some twist you never see coming. Its not a given Montauk has a surf run, it seems to happen every 3 or 4 years .

The one thing I see each year is sept comes and a few local fish wake up and hit then the first two weeks of oct it dumps out.

Hopefully see some big blue blitzes mid month, that would be a good sign, last years pre hurricane pea nut run I dont think anyone saw coming. I had a 40 bass night the friday after the storm then the second storm NE really did more damage. A lot of bass got to live up and down the eastern coast last fall.

Some opportunities will come be patient. Thrird week and thereafter.

The best advice i could give any striper fisherman is be patient wait for it then pounce and pounce some more because you don't know when the next opportunity comes.

You dudes don't know how lucky you are to see big bluefish blitzes from the beach. That hardly ever happens for us in south jersey except for the inlets sometimes and then they are mostly small guys. Hoping you are right shark hart. Guess its best to keep a positive outlook!

we need some positivity - just call me light Skies!!

Water's still a little too warm. my .02

Quote Originally Posted by SharkHart View Post
    we need some positivity - just call me light Skies!!
    dark skies = gloom and doom
    shark hart aka light skies = positivity and big puffy clouds with fish on the horizon.
    I'll take the light skies order, with a heaping dessert of big blues on the beach. lol. Wait till the dark one sees this I'm sure he will have a chuckle.

Oh this is classic. Can I get in on it?
    light skies
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	light skies.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	52.6 KB 
ID:	17632

dark skies
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dark skies.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	26.5 KB 
ID:	17633

I liked him better when he was more combative. Internet battles were legendary. More popcorn was sold than in major city movie houses. Ban the new improved dark skies. Bring back the internet fights. Dark you were much more interesting then. jmho of course!
    I'll post another vote for the water being too warm to be bassy. By halloween it should be full on.

Hopefully see some big blue blitzes mid month, that would be a good sign, last years pre hurricane pea nut run I dont think anyone saw coming. ome opportunities will come be patient. Thrird week and thereafter.

The best advice i could give any striper fisherman is be patient wait for it then pounce and pounce some more because you don't know when the next opportunity comes.

I'm somewhere in the middle on this. I don't think it's all gloom and doom but the bass fishing really does **** right now. There used to be a lot of bass along the bayshore. This year not so much. Used to be bass in the rivers in the late summer and fall this year it sucks. Where the heck did they go this year? I don't know maybe some of you Sr members here could fill us in.
    surferman the blues are around in decent numbers in north jersey but mostly small. Sharkhart I would love to get into some big surf blues tho it appears the biggest body is in the mud hole and off of long island. That sucks. there is only so many times you can go out fishing for small blues before you get your fill. I also forgot to mention the hickory shad with the small bait they are all over the place. Go to the hook when its open you can catch all you want. After a while I do get tired of them.

Would like some small bass to play with, more than just one or 2. Shark are you taking orders for the bass this year? If so I would appreciate you filling an order for a few dozen for me to play with and c&r. Send them up to nomoco and I would be grateful. I will gladly repay you next tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by storminsteve View Post
    I'm somewhere in the middle on this. I don't think it's all gloom and doom but the bass fishing really does **** right now. There used to be a lot of bass along the bayshore. This year not so much. Used to be bass in the rivers in the late summer and fall this year it sucks. Where the heck did they go this year? I don't know maybe some of you Sr members here could fill us in.
    surferman the blues are around in decent numbers in north jersey but mostly small. Sharkhart I would love to get into some big surf blues tho it appears the biggest body is in the mud hole and off of long island. That sucks. there is only so many times you can go out fishing for small blues before you get your fill. I also forgot to mention the hickory shad with the small bait they are all over the place. Go to the hook when its open you can catch all you want. After a while I do get tired of them.

Would like some small bass to play with, more than just one or 2. Shark are you taking orders for the bass this year? If so I would appreciate you filling an order for a few dozen for me to play with and c&r. Send them up to nomoco and I would be grateful. I will gladly repay you next tuesday.
    Haha lol! sharkhart if you are taking orders I would like some too!
    monty said this
    Quote Originally Posted by Monty View Post
    The bass are dead because fishermen have killed them.
    I agree, we need to do more catch and release. All the party and charter boats out killing their limit every chance they get. All the meatmen. When the bass are gone they will be the ones to blame. How about a little more respect and the fishing could be better.

Quote Originally Posted by storminsteve View Post
    Sharkhart I would love to get into some big surf blues tho it appears the biggest body is in the mud hole and off of long island. That sucks. there is only so many times you can go out fishing for small blues before you get your fill.

Steve I had some at the hook about 10 nights ago. Up to 12 lbs. It was good for about 2 hours and there were a lot of bunker there. Went back the next night hoping for an encore and they were gone. What kind of season is it that you can't even depend on a good monster bluefish bite?

The one thing I see each year is sept comes and a few local fish wake up and hit then the first two weeks of oct it dumps out.

Or the fish are tight to the mullet with nothing in between

Some migratory fish are finally showing up. All the fish I got tonight were clean. Biggest ones had sea lice.

well I am chomping at the bit to get it going this weekend, see if i can find some of these dodo bird like extinct striped bass!

well I am chomping at the bit to get it going this weekend, see if i can find some of these dodo bird like extinct striped bass!
    yep maybe time to for us to out front

Pay attention to what history has taught us or be prepared to relive it again

I am just trying to stir up Darkskies

KOD (Kiss of death) DS is ok where he is doesn't interfere with the bite

This is going to be one of those 5 day extra long babbling reports when he resurfaces

For sure the world of fishing according to DS

I would love to see the video, lightskies against darkskies, narrated by west wind wally lol. What say you dark would you be kind enough to oblige?

^^lol like Gigantor vs Mothra - could be epic!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast