Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2013 Blues, Racers, Gators

Default Re: NJ Fishing Reports for April 2013....www.StripersAndAnglers.com

Good going Madcaster,

The forecast for the rest of this week looks promising to bring them on the flats. 8wt fly rod will finally get a bend in it!

That must be awesome catching them on a fly rod JB!

that would be great! i'd love to try that some day.

Default Re: 2013 Blues, Racers, Gators

Quote Originally Posted by storminsteve View Post
    Oh no they're here!
    Awesome report will be good to get some early racer action. Any size to them please spill what you can share it would be appreciated.
    mess of them caught last night Steve. Even eating clams they are so hungry they are eating everything. The only bad thing is they were on the small side last night. 3-6 lbs. All black and shiny like they just came from the ocean. Skinny racers.

Had some good action right before dark in the back of rb tonight. Small poppers and metal. got 11 blues to 5 lbs. That was the size of almost all of them 4-5lbs no big ones. Still a lot of fun.

Quote Originally Posted by cowherder View Post
    Had some good action right before dark in the back of rb tonight. Small poppers and metal. got 11 blues to 5 lbs. That was the size of almost all of them 4-5lbs no big ones. Still a lot of fun.
    Nice action.
    White Water Monty 2.00 (WWM)
    Future Long Islander (ASAP)

They have invaded sandy hook bay. Got them to 10lbs this morning on bunker chunks. Don't know where they came from but some of these were FAT and NASTY!

Quote Originally Posted by storminsteve View Post
    They have invaded sandy hook bay. Got them to 10lbs this morning on bunker chunks. Don't know where they came from but some of these were FAT and NASTY!
    Nice SS

Got a few blues this morning too, (not 10 lbs, but put a bend in the rod and was fun) my first fish on a Megabait.

White Water Monty 2.00 (WWM)
    Future Long Islander (ASAP)

Nice going fellas. Even nicer to get them on plugs. Anyone bucktailing them?

Way to go gents. Nice pic monty hope there are loads more and bigger ones to come. jigfreak I was catching a few on 1/2 oz bucktail and pork rind last night bayside. I prefer that or metal because its easier to de-hook. When you want to release them I think the trebles take away from the fishing as they get embedded. Still lots of fun on plugs. One trick I do is take the rear treble off as blues most always hit the rear. Replace with single siwash and your good to go.

Great news thanks for the update.

Default Re: The spirit of fishing

The pic below kind of symbolizes it for me.
    You can tell he's having a blast. The expression on his face says it all.

BTW this is Jordan, friend of sitemember xtremeVisions.....
    He's a Marine who lost his leg in the Middle East while serving our country.
    thanks for your service Jordan,
    Thanks for sending the pic Xtreme.

Attachment 16958
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails whos the baddest on the block.jpg  

Default Re: NJ Fishing Reports for May 2013....www.StripersAndAnglers.com

Nicer bluefish......
    Attachment 16983
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 5-14-13 bay bluefish   8 lbs cropped.jpg  

Got em to 15# tonight. Straight from offshore with the purple green tinge to them. Lots of fun. All artificials

Good stuff guys

I fished yesterday from 5-9pm and we had great bluefish action nonstop at some points...regret leaving the fly rod in the car.

Nice going jb, I fished nomoco this am and got a few they seemed energized all on metal.

2 day report. Fished Ibsp yesterday after work. A mess o blues to 7# on metal. Fished today 6-8. One short bass on clams, no blues.

5-17-13
    Fished 2 hours before sunrise, nothing.
    Then I went to a back bay spot that usually heats up with bluefish. The other day it was dead. This day it was productive because overnight bait had moved in, spearing or rainfish.
    Managed 15 bluefish to 12# hooked and lost others. Lots of fun. Best action lasted for about an hour and then the activity waned as the tide dropped.

You could still get them if you waded out. In the end it seemed I was wading out almost to the point where I was going to get my waders wet to get some more fish.
    Toward the end of the bite Vpass came along and we caught a few fish together.

Reading the water,
    http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/...-Fly-Beginners

he determined that the fish were shifting, so we moved a bit and picked up a few more. The bright sun really was the kiss of death for that bite, along with colder water coming in on the flood tide.

Still, nice to get out there and run into V...I know he works a lot and doesn't get many chances to get out there...
    Also ran into the OFFC as I was leaving,,,,nice to see all of you again and reminisce how good fishing used to be just 8 short years ago....best of health and good luck wishes for the Season.

Great report dark I hope those big blues are here to stay! I hit up nomoco again today and had some blue demon action. Got 8 the biggest was 9 pounds all on metal.

Fished SH early this morning. Got 1 bluefish on a popper speedy made for me. Thanks Todd. Actually it hit my teaser, but the popper was what brought the fish to my teaser. On a bad note, the insert on the large guide fell out and broke in half on my St. Croix rod. What a bummer. Sent it back already. I hope they do the right thing, that rod is only 3 years old. It cost me plenty just to ship it back and I think I will be paying for the shipping back to me! Not such a good warranty policy. Just have to use my old Daiwa rods til I get it back.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast