Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2013 LI Fishing Reports

Default 2013 LI Fishing Reports

Dark I didn't see one so figured would start it off for the year.
    Fished last night in a bay area. 3 keeper bass to 37" small plugs, released. Good look to all the stripersandanglers fishermen out there this year. Bass are around go get em.

Default Re: 2013 LI Fishing Reports

nice going nitestrikes getting ready to head out now.

Fished the ss by an inlet from 4-8am, 1 nice bass 28" and a mess o cocktail blues buck and pork.

Did some trolling off the pink hotel yesterday afternoon. Got one 34" striper and one 39". Kept the 34". Bunker spoons. I think it's a little early yet.

Bucktailed 4 bass to 14# behind an inlet last night somewhere on the south shore. Incoming tide. There were a few mean *** blues as well.

Got some nice fish to 26lbs the past few nights in the back bays. All on metal lips. All released. all about the bunker. They are thinning out now and I don't see the bite continuing at the level it was. One can always hope, though.

Awesome great job nitestrikes thanks for the report!
    I fished the ss from five to 7:30 today. Threw bucktails, sps, bombers, needlefish nothing at all. Finally started throwing a small diamond jig with green tail and got a mess of cocktail bluefish up to 6lbs

Fished the back of Jones from 5-7:45 am today the outgoing tide. Got a 22" fluke and 2 short bass on small jig and white rubber.

Last of the incoming tide after work. Pig and jig. Blues to 6pounds, quite a few and feisty! south shore jones area

My buddy and I set up near Moriches last night. Incoming tide in the dark. Went 4 for 5 on stripers, clams. ORL of 2, let the others go. Biggest bass was 15#.

We got some bass and fluke in montauk this weekend. It was mostly centered around the 5-7 and 7-9pm times. The rest of the time we went fluking. All boat fish to 23lbs on diamond jigs. From what the capts at the dock were saying it has just heated up.

It was also very crowded. Trailered the boat there. Would probably not make that trip during a holiday weekend again.

Fished near breezy last night near high tide. bucktail and gulp caught 3 small blues 2 fluke and one monster stargazer. Wondering about the stargazer if anyone was brave enough to eat one of those suckers.

Fished from the pink hotel East to off of Fire Island this morning. 50" of water. Managed 2 keeper fliuke on gulp and 6-8 oz jigs, quite a few throwbacks. Tide was ripping. Best bite was the last hour before high tide. Switched to c-bass after that and managed a few. Nice morning on the water, not too much traffic. Strong mood tide made it tough.

Quote Originally Posted by 7deadlyplugs View Post
    . Wondering about the stargazer if anyone was brave enough to eat one of those suckers.
    7dp you can eat them, cut the head off and bake whole or on the grill, or fillet them and cook with oregano, garlic and spices in a pan. They are quite tasty if you can get past the ugly head.

Fished out east last night. Figured with the pending bad weather the fishing would be good. It may get better but the tides were bad, Fished from the bottom and 3 1/2 hours of the incoming before I had to leave. Managed a few blues to 8lbs on darters and one short bass.

Thanks for the report BB. All summer the montauk head boats claim they are crusing them. And hardly anything in the surf. whats up with that?

Played hookey today and went on a friends boat. We fished off the Rockaways and got into some decent sized bluefish to 15lbs. Ava 27 and gold hammered jigs worked the best.

Quote Originally Posted by rockhopper View Post
    Thanks for the report BB. All summer the montauk head boats claim they are crusing them. And hardly anything in the surf. whats up with that?
    Rockhopper it seems by me things have been slow this summer. I can't speak for Montauk but would think that Sandy has had some lasting affects on the fishing this year. There are hardly any spearing around in the bays while every year in the past you could count on them.

took the ride to mecca yesterday. Set up W of the Point for the incoming, Was perfect conditions with some bait showing small white bait. Fished from 4-9 and it was terrible just a few cocktail blues. Didn't see anyone else do much beyond that. Talked to 10 guys on the way out with the same results.
    Here is a report I found on the net. This is the same as my results there this year. At Paulies they talked about some fish to 40# but the real deal is most of them are coming from the charters.

"Fished the beach around the Mtk lighthouse with plugs and bucktails Thursday morning from first light till 4:00pm with only a one hour break for breakfast. Nada. Not one fish, but My friend Lee caught a schoolie on a bucktail. Anyway, Not a very good bite on the beach out in Mtk right now, but we'll see what happens after this front that just came thorugh last night."

Thanks for the honest reports fellas.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast