Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2013 LI Fishing Reports

Your welcome hookset its still sucky up there. I posted a report in the other thread from a guy who went there. Some schoolies and small blues from the surf thats it. I can do the same thing by not traveling so far and just fishing the south shore. Right now montauk is a waste of money.
    My report I fished the ss tonight from 5-7. There were some weeds but the surf was not that bad, Managed 2 schoolies on buck and pork. Did a lot of walking.

Nice going pete I agree with you on the montauk assessment. I haven't posted montauk reports but have been there 3 times since sept 1 and had similar results. My biggest bass was 30". The night I got that it was the only fish I caught. On a beachmaster.

10-1-13
    This date will prove to be significant. I'll come back when I get a chance and go into more detail. Good luck people.

The work is not worth the effort in the surf right now on the Island for me,the fish are too far off not much bait around to kick things in gear.Montauk is slow from what I heard I'm sure the fish are there but the night shift under the light is probably the ticket.They are in the rips(fact) so the boat is the way to go if you want to catch.(diamond jigging) JMO..
    Cranky Old Bassturd.

Fished out east last night. A few bass to 14# on needlefish.

Nice going nitestrikes. I did ok on needlefish last night as well. Only 2 dinky bass but they hit hard. SS, outgoing tide

way to go Night! I fished the ss near an inlet from 5-7am last of the outgoing. Some weeds. I saw birds working and casted towards them looked like they were on sandeels. Got one bass 25" on tin with green tail.

Good deal pete I picked up 3 schoolies this morning throwing a deadly ****, probably a little east of you.

Tryed againi this morning man was it cold!
    Nothing for me, threw a deadly **** and a tin with tail. The fish were there but too far off. If I could cast 900 feet I would have reached them.

1 shortie and it was a fattie the fish are very scattered but they are there.Don't leave home without your green tube diamond jigs seems to be their liking right now.
    Cranky Old Bassturd.

Swing and a miss for me tonight. Roll the dice one of these nights I will get lucky.

Had 3 keepers this a.m. 1@32" and 2@36" then nada after that.Green tube jigs.2 went back home 1 for dinner.
    Cranky Old Bassturd.

Quote Originally Posted by surfstix1963 View Post
    Had 3 keepers this a.m. 1@32" and 2@36" then nada after that.Green tube jigs.2 went back home 1 for dinner.
    Nice,
    White Water Monty 2.00 (WWM)
    Future Long Islander (ASAP)

Way to go surfstix! How much did the 36"ers weigh?

Wow awesome! please send some of them over here

Nice job surfstix. With the east wind conditions I drove to montauk this afternoon. Picked up 2 bass around 29" on bucktail. As sunset came I started throwing a black needlefish. I got slammed by my biggest fish of the year so far. Pulled drag for about 15 seconds before I could get a handle on her. She broke me off on the rocks and broke my heart. Well there is always next time. Tight lines.

I've been west of Montauk Nitestrikes(SP) still hit or miss but the early shift seems to be the ticket this week so far didn't weigh the others just the one for dinner Steve if I had to guess about 20 lbs. they are loaded up with sandeels.
    Cranky Old Bassturd.

Nada south winds started up,and so did the weed.
    Cranky Old Bassturd.

Quote Originally Posted by surfstix1963 View Post
    Nada south winds started up,and so did the weed.

Had the same issues this am, Fished the western ss for an hour. Threw small tin, lots of weeds. Got one 23" striper when I first got there, nuttin but weeds after that. Great going on the 36 inchers surfstix must have been fun.

Yeah it was a rare good day.3 legal fish is always a good day stayed away from the crowd that day the bigger fish seem to be isolated from the rest of the pack.
    Cranky Old Bassturd.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast