Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 2013 LI Fishing Reports

Fished jones from 12-5. Pig and jig, 2 runty but round shorties.

Fished JI area this morning. Windy as heck felt like I was in a wind tunnel. One rat 20" on diamond jig green tube

I'm done....The End...
    Cranky Old Bassturd.

Quote Originally Posted by surfstix1963 View Post
    I'm done....The End...
    Its winding down here is capt gene's report. Montauk sportfishing.com
    The rat patrol is in full effect lol.

If it?s not over, it?s pretty damn close to it. Very few boats are getting out for a half day trip anymore, and the phones aren?t exactly ringing off the hook. And the stripers are getting smaller. Most of the fish caught Saturday were in the 20? range, no where near enough to be someones dinner. I guess that?s a good sign for the future, but for now it sucks. And, in order to get any of them, the few boats that were out had to travel down to between Caswells and Ditch Plains.

I heard the same from Montauk all rats.Further west rats with a occasional 32"-33" here and there, seems to be some shad still around.Rough season some small fish are a good sign there should be more though but that's what happens when more & more people fish and less fish can reproduce no supply too much demand.
    Cranky Old Bassturd.

I fished a popular beach this morning central ss. There were some fish caught, I got 2 to 27". Tin with green tail. Some others caught there but it seems like its winding down. I think you're right in calling it surfstix it was good for a while now it seems to be losing steam

same for me, fished the south shore from 4-8. It was beautiful seems the fish didn't get the memo. One runt 22" on tin. The fat lady she is singing.

I took a jig and teaser and went to RM all rats.Stayed for about a half hour 6 shorts all the other stuff is cleaned and put away if I get a whim I run to the beach and throw some casts but the boats are slowing down also so looks like the fat lady is warming up,you can catch a ton of shorts if that's your thing they are real tight to the beach yesterday they wanted a dead slow retrieve water is getting colder shad still around fish are not big enough to eat them.Taking my last boat trip today then that's it.
    Cranky Old Bassturd.

Nada Zero on the boat jigging today the whole boat caught 2 rats and 1 bluefish and some doggies.And that's all folks..
    Cranky Old Bassturd.

Although I usually don't fish death rat season I went this a.m. for some sanity just grabbed a teaser and Diamond jig and had a pretty good morning w/micro bass they were hitting so close to shore I missed many hits in exchange for a jig in the face when setting the hook.SW wind the tide just changed to incoming & I found a deep water cut on the inner bar and they were just laying there.None bigger then approximately 12-18 inches not very fat either so i guess the food source is getting scarce.
    Cranky Old Bassturd.

Nice going SS. I fished jones this morning and saw fish the same size. Landed 4 on teaser and tin with green tail. These fish are small. Did see one guy walking off with a 32 incher but no other big ones like that. fat lady will be singing soon.

Yeah Pete if there are any bigger fish around they would be over that way I generally don't fish Jones mainly from Sorethumb/Demo to Shinnecock or is that central/eastern SS reports.
    Cranky Old Bassturd.

Thanks for the honesty gents.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123