Thread: NJ Fishing Reports for the week of 3/1 - 3/8, 2008

Hybrid View

Listen guys "water is radioactive" could only mean one place if you are referring to fishing in NJ. Technically, it could be considered a spot burn, although just about every other website and fishing magazine burns it from time to time. We really don't want to be like every other site here. As I said, we are going to try to be aware of spot burning possibilities, and edit them where appropriate. I will try to keep the guidelines above for the start of each weekly fishing report, to make it easier on you guys.

For those not aware, what spot burning does is sometimes bring undue pressure on an area, the residents, and people who fish there regularly. It's ok if it's miles of open beachfront, but some isolated and secluded back bay areas cannot handle "you and 500 of your closest internet friends" fishing elbow to elbow.

That's why we ask you not to do it. Also, although this a small but growing community, you never know how many unregistered "lurkers" are out there. We want to be seen as responsible and respectful, not only by other fishermen, but the community groups and homeowners out there.

Recap: Any time a location describes a specific, unique, location, we would prefer that you not mention it, or describe it without the specifics. Thanks for the cooperation, guys.

Some friends were out in the lower DB a few days ago. Came upon acres and acres of bunker. Other guys out in front of CM, also ran into some schools just a little offshore. I have a friend in MoCo who saw dead bunker on the beach yesterday, don't know why, but maybe they were part of the huge schools.

Even though we are not killing them yet, the table is set, won't be more that a few days or a week before we are into fish. check your gear, line, tackle, make sure everything is ready. Ready, set, go.