Page 1 of 30 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: MEAT MEN of New Jersey

Default MEAT MEN of New Jersey

The NOAA figures show a decline in stripers caught for the past 3 years. Somewhere on this site dark and finchaser put up a thread that talks about how the 2012 YOY chesapeake figures are the lowest ever. There are a lot of the young crowd in tune with this and starting to release bass. Personally I C&R unless family comes into town and then I keep a few.

What I don't get is how come all the private boats and charters don't see that bass are a finite resource?
    There was a thread the other day where a young kid whose dad bought him a $50,000 boat (so lets call him a rich young kid, lol) is limiting out on bass every time out there. If he is so well off why does he need to kill and keep every bass he catches including bonus tag bass. He recently used the excuse that the bass he kills are all eaten and go to the poor and churches in his area. Give me a break if he is catching 8-12 bass every time out what is he doing with them all. Poor people can eat peanut butter. They can eat rice. They can eat pork and beans. Only someone who voted for Obama would use the lame excuse that you have to keep your limit every time out because you can. And then to admit that you are taking too many, and have to give the excess away to the poor?

What is wrong with society where a 17 or 18 year old kid justifies killing every single bass he gets his hands on?
    What is wrong with his Dad that he condones this?

Every winter we ***** and moan about all the bass caught off carolina and virginia. We are horrified at all the slaughter.
    What about what all the charters and private boats catch in NJ? I am not talking about the boats that take out patrons for their once a year striped bass, there is no reason to criticize those folks, they fish so little they SHOULD take some bass home.
    What about the charter that goes out every day, AM and PM trips?
    And advertises on every web site out there. Don't they have any responsibility at all as guardians of the striper population? If you or your boat are responsible for harvesting 10-20 big bass a day, shouldn't your conscience bother you just a little bit?

I am going to start posting all the pics of the meat men of NJ and their catches.

Dark you fight for access and rant about the apathy. Well I feel the same way about the dozens of private boats and charters keeping their limit with bonus tags every time.

No disrespect meant dark, but if you delete the thread I will post it again.
    If you want to kick me off the site so be it.
    I am sick and tired of the hypocrisy and feel something should be said. The world needs to know who the meat men are.

Default Re: MEAT Men of New Jersey

Fisher Price, killing limits of bass including bonus tags 2 times a day

Hookset

I didn't renew my Fishermans Magazine subscription because it was depressing seeing all the dead bass.
    When is enough enough?
    White Water Monty 2.00 (WWM)
    Future Long Islander (ASAP)

Here is that kid and his boat, killing limits of bass to give to the poor.
    In his last report he made special mention of how he made sure he got his extra bonus tags, almost did not get them in time.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bucktai bass limits with bonus tags april 26.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	64.5 KB 
ID:	17029

Thank you monty. I mean I don't begrudge a person who comes out a few times a year, to catch and eat their limits, including bonus tags. What if you only fish twice a season. Then you should take every last morsel of bass because it has to last you. These other meat men especially the ones above are putting a hammering on the bass every day. The kid takes them home for the poor? What is he trying to tell us that they are like cookies in a factory? Fishing for me this year is the worst it ever has been. I know there are less bass I don't need some scientist from the fisheries service to let me know that. Got some fish to 20 lbs already but it is like finding the pot of gold.

These dudes go out there day after day. In the case of fisher price twice a day.
    Catching bass like they are a factory boat. Lots of folks blame the netters but you look at a NJ boat that goes out 2x a day and tally up those numbers during a good season.

Quote Originally Posted by hookset View Post
    There was a thread the other day where a young kid whose dad bought him a $50,000 boat (so lets call him a rich young kid, lol) is limiting out on bass every time out there. If he is so well off why does he need to kill and keep every bass he catches including bonus tag bass. He recently used the excuse that the bass he kills are all eaten and go to the poor and churches in his area. Poor people can eat peanut butter. They can eat rice. They can eat pork and beans. Only someone who voted for Obama would use the lame excuse that you have to keep your limit every time out because you can. And then to admit that you are taking too many, and have to give the excess away to the poor?

What is wrong with society where a 17 or 18 year old kid justifies killing every single bass he gets his hands on?
    What is wrong with his Dad that he condones this?
    Haha quote of the week, Could not agree with you more. Just because you can keep your limit every time does that mean you should?

Quote Originally Posted by Monty View Post
    Hookset

I didn't renew my Fishermans Magazine subscription because it was depressing seeing all the dead bass.
    When is enough enough?

I agree. Folks will complain bitterly about the fishermen in the south. I dont see how we are much better. That goes for fishing beyond the 3 mile limit for bass. This happens every season and never seems to change.

They should all get shirts made up with this pic.lol

Name:	Meat-Men--008.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	37.4 KB 
ID:	16903

Same thing happens at montauk every year when the fish are thick.Only they make 3 trips a day As for the dad buying the kid a 50k boat if he has the money why not? It does sound like a spoiled rich kid tho. Kind of hard to relate to the poor when you are a teenager and your dad buys you everything. my 2 cents

Thank you monty. I mean I don't begrudge a person who comes out a few times a year, to catch and eat their limits, including bonus tags. What if you only fish twice a season. Then you should take every last morsel of bass because it has to last you. These other meat men especially the ones above are putting a hammering on the bass every day.
    Good point I think it is an important distinction. It is hard to tell among a charters fares which ones fish every week and which ones only do it as a yearly trip. The private boat that fishes 5 times a week, and keeps their limit every time, is the one that is doing a lot of harm. I don't understand why you don't do away with bonus tags in NJ.

Here is that kid and his boat, killing limits of bass to give to the poor.
    In his last report he made special mention of how he made sure he got his extra bonus tags, almost did not get them in time.
    I read that about the bonus tags. The bonus tag system is something you have to report on your catch each time before you are allowed another bonus. How many people do that and just use the tag as an excuse to kill 3 bass every time they are out there. It is a shame that some of the younger fishermen like this kid have no respect for the striper. When there are none left who will feed the poor then?

If he is so well off why does he need to kill and keep every bass he catches including bonus tag bass. He recently used the excuse that the bass he kills are all eaten and go to the poor and churches in his area. Poor people can eat peanut butter. They can eat rice. They can eat pork and beans. Only someone who voted for Obama would use the lame excuse that you have to keep your limit every time out because you can. And then to admit that you are taking too many, and have to give the excess away to the poor?

Hookset that quote cracks me up, awesome. I agree with basshunter quote of the week!
    The poor don't have to eat government cheese.
    Let them eat striped bass!

If the bonus tags are that much of a problem and causing abuses maybe they should be eliminated.

Then there was the boat lthe renegade. He was out every day last season twice daily trips. He got busted over the 3 mile limit with illegal bass. Said it was his first time. Cmon now. Nothing wrong with keeping and eating stripers. If you catch your limit every day how big is your freezer?

Lets kill all the bass yee hah

Name:	bass and bonus limits april 28.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	81.8 KB 
ID:	17030Click image for larger version. 

Name:	boat limit with bonus taqs april 27.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	73.3 KB 
ID:	17031

the tags can't be eliminated or the quota from them goes to the commercial fishery of another state . The only reason we have them is because when we became a game fish state and eliminated all commercial fishing we had to use the quota or loose it to another state so the bonus tag was born. It should have never been given to the head boat and charter boats.

Pay attention to what history has taught us or be prepared to relive it again

Quote Originally Posted by Monty View Post
    Hookset

When is enough enough?
    When they are gone in a few years I never expected it to happen again. It will just be another nail in the recreational fishermans' coffin. Guy's like Johnny bucktail it's all ego and he has a following of his ways, even a guy who posts here or should I say use to post here

Thank you monty. I mean I don't begrudge a person who comes out a few times a year, to catch and eat their limits, including bonus tags. What if you only fish twice a season. Then you should take every last morsel of bass because it has to last you.

Glad you at least acknowledge that hookset. How would you know which fare on the boat is a one time a year fare, or a regular customer who comes every week. Judge not lest ye be judged.

Bababooey that figures coming from a guy who can only catch fish from his boat. And is so lazy about catching fish you want to be put on the finchaser cell phone chain to find them. How about you find fish on your own for once in youre life? Lazy, lazy

^^^^^^^

Page 1 of 30 12311 ... LastLast