Thread: MEAT MEN of New Jersey

Hybrid View

Default Re: MEAT Men of New Jersey

Then there was the boat lthe renegade. He was out every day last season twice daily trips. He got busted over the 3 mile limit with illegal bass. Said it was his first time. Cmon now. Nothing wrong with keeping and eating stripers. If you catch your limit every day how big is your freezer?

Lets kill all the bass yee hah

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bass and bonus limits april 28.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	81.8 KB 
ID:	17030Click image for larger version. 

Name:	boat limit with bonus taqs april 27.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	73.3 KB 
ID:	17031

the tags can't be eliminated or the quota from them goes to the commercial fishery of another state . The only reason we have them is because when we became a game fish state and eliminated all commercial fishing we had to use the quota or loose it to another state so the bonus tag was born. It should have never been given to the head boat and charter boats.

Pay attention to what history has taught us or be prepared to relive it again

Took me a while to get on here but....

Hookset. I just want to let you know that you are barking up the wrong tree. First off, have you ever fished aboard my vessel??? I know you have not, so you have no right to judge myself or anyone else. Second of all, If you are so tough why haven't you come down to our marina and said something to us rather than running your mouth on the internet.

Here is how it goes on the LONGSHOT. WE DO NOT ALLOW BONUS TAGS, BUT WE DO ALLOW CAPTAIN AND CREW( 2 fish less than 6 bonus tags). WE educate our customers on the history of the striped bass population. For example I explain how when I was a kid my grandfather wouldn't take me bass fishing because it "wasn't worth it" From there WE explain how if they choose to take a big bass they are not only killing one fish but thousands.

The state says my customers are allowed to harvest 2 fish per man at 28" + and a bonus fish if they choose to "PURCHASE" that 3rd fish. What are we supposed to do??? Tell our customers they cant keep what the are allowed by law?? There have been many trips this year where we on the LONGSHOT have come home with LESS THAN A LIMIT because we released big fish early.

Heres a video of LONGSHOT W/ a revival of a nice bass..... THIS IS THE WAY WE OPERATE fast fwd to 3:30 .http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f8fC1dSsGDA

"Thank you monty. I mean I don't begrudge a person who comes out a few times a year, to catch and eat their limits, including bonus tags. What if you only fish twice a season. Then you should take every last morsel of bass because it has to last "

So you agree with our customers coming out once in the spring and once in the fall and keeping limits plus???? Im kind of confused here?

Quote Originally Posted by LongshotChris View Post
    "Thank you monty. I mean I don't begrudge a person who comes out a few times a year, to catch and eat their limits, including bonus tags. What if you only fish twice a season. Then you should take every last morsel of bass because it has to last "

So you agree with our customers coming out once in the spring and once in the fall and keeping limits plus???? Im kind of confused here?
    That quote was Hookset's not mine.

I think 3 bass per person is to many. The bonus tag should be no more. Actually I believe in a lot stricter regulations but that was not the question.
    The person keeping the limit + bonus tag is perfectly legal, well within his/her rights.

But in my opinion on a whole it is very short sighted. It contributes to depleting the striped bass and their ability to sustain a healthy population.
    The regulations need and likely will be changed to protect them from over fishing (which I believe is happening).

But I also think this thread is not so much about the person making 1-2 fishing trips per season but the ones (boat and surf) who kill an excessive amount of Striped Bass over the season.

For the captain/boat who understands this and supports this I am thankful and understand that they need to make a living and if it takes keeping the 3 bass at times to get customers so be it. But in the future the limit may not even be two bass if something does not change soon.

To sum up my opinion, I think the major problem is in the regulations, they need to be much stricter to protect the Striped Bass from the recreational fisherman because to many recreational fisherman do not care one bit about the Striped Bass population or lack of it.
    That's what I believe.
    White Water Monty 2.00 (WWM)
    Future Long Islander (ASAP)

Hookset and Monty should get job with NMFS. They sound just like those clowns. Chris, I wouldn't waste my time on these two clowns. I know you run a top notch business. Exactly, what I'm saying you want to call out charter boats. Come down in person to Tagged Fish, Fish Stixx and Long Shot and all the other boats you mentioned run your mouth in person instead of hiding behind your computer. Put an end to all this drama.

Quote Originally Posted by Meat Man View Post
    run your mouth in person instead of hiding behind your computer. Put an end to all this drama.
    How about you show us how intelligent you are instead of acting like a 5 year old in a playground? Meat man appropriate name. I thought since you claim you read this thread you might have some valid points about the state of the strioed bass fishery today.
    How long have you been fishing?
    Did you fish for bass during the moratorium or have you only been fishing for them since you were in junior high last year?
    What do your bass logs show during the last 20 years. Can you document that the bass are now healthier than ever?
    What about the YOY last year showing bass at the lowest numbers ever?
    What about the verfiable stats showing that the aggregate striped bass catches, coastwide, have been decliniing for the last 3 years. (except in your world)

these are all veriafiable facts I stated and can be found here or supported by a simple search on the internet. I guess when you are in high school it is hard to do these searches because they are not available as an app on your iphone.
    Just 2 or 3 of the questions I asked above, show us what you know about striped bass.
    Other than you telling us you are the biggest stud in the sandbox.
    Next you will be on here telling us you are the biggest stud in your high school, Wow junior year must be really awesome. Will be even better when you get to be a high school senior next year
    how about an intelligent discussion on any of the points mentioned above?

Hookset...

Thank you for posting this up today. To be honest I was looking to go fluke fishing this weekend but just finished booking open boats with two of the captains on here for Saturday and Monday of this weekend. The pics you posted showed me they were on the fish and thus will get my business. To be honest maybe they should thank you too for referring business their way. Just bought my freezer bags so looking to stock up!

FB

Quote Originally Posted by hookset View Post
    Next you will be on here telling us you are the biggest stud in your high school, Wow junior year must be really awesome. Will be even better when you get to be a high school senior next year
    how about an intelligent discussion on any of the points mentioned above?
    You know what they say about the guys who have to tell everyone about how they are the biggest stud. Light in the pants, small package. The bigger the boat the smaller the pee pee. Remember the guy in high school who had to have the flashiest car? Overcompensating for something that is lacking, jmo.
    None of you mentioned any of the points hookset, bucket, clamchucker,monty or finchaser talked about.
    How about it? I was fishing during the moratorium and it was barely worth it. In MA I have seen bunker go from schools that you could snag in any feeder creek or river to something that we only see when at the cape or the canal. They aren't all over like they used to be. And I have fished Maine as well. Have any of you smart mouths fished up north or out East. We used to have some of the best fishing for all sizes of stripers. Rats to cows we had it all. Now we are lucky to get 5 good weeks of fishing in the Canal spring and fall. Is there any intelligent life among all these vocal new members or is it all about poking each other and beating chests? Hookset and the others I mentioned have said some key stuff here. Would like to hear what you joisey guys have to say. And welcome aboard btw

Quote Originally Posted by finchaser View Post
    IMO the bass are in big trouble and everytime a school pops up on a pod more and more are eliminated especially by 2 charter boats up north that find it necessary to post on 4 sights everyday it's sad. Bright side is Raritan bay is emptying out and most of the meatmen up there will give up now that they'll have to work hard for them .

Not sure if you are referencing Fisher Price IV, Capt Derek Bielitz who posted here last year.
    "I will also be the first person to say that there are not as many bass around as in recent years."
    "I do support catch and release and i can tell you i had a trip the other day where we landed 50 or 52 bass all day and only kept one fish for the table cause it was gut hooked and bleeding out."

Many of his posts titles include "limits ++"

Its one thing to be a meat man, its another to talk Striper conservation one day and advertise "limits ++" the next day.
    White Water Monty 2.00 (WWM)
    Future Long Islander (ASAP)

If you don't like it, do something about it instead hiding behind your computer ranting and posting pics from Charters and Party boats here. Bunch of grown man acting like *******! LOL!!!

MEAT MAN IN THE HOUSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    You hyprocrite. I would love to run into you one day. LMAO!!!
    run your mouth in person instead of hiding behind your computer. Put an end to all this drama.
    I knew I had seen this style of posting before. Meatman unmasked, Jay Santiago or Jay from the other site.
    Ain't it an ironic thing that someone who is most vocal about hypocrites hiding behind a computer - is the biggest one hiding behind his computer?

** Jigfreak, one of the nicest things about this site, is that most of the members who join, want to be here.

If someone doesn't want to be here or contribute to this community
    , we don't want to burden them with membership priveleges either.
    Banning someone isn't a decision I take lightly. I'm just helping those who aren't happy here, to find their path to go elsewhere.

However once someone is banned, they can no longer defend themselves. Therefore, I am asking all of you to refrain from bringing banned members back into the conversations, no matter how strong your feelings are about them.
    I have not had much spare time to devote to administering this site. I ask that you members continue to be on your best behavior.

This is a topic that will generate many strong opinions. I said I would allow it here, but please keep the posts, on topic. There are some valid points made on both sides. That's what you folks should try to continue doing, so I don't have to intervene.

Thank you.