The NOAA figures show a decline in stripers caught for the past 3 years. Somewhere on this site dark and finchaser put up a thread that talks about how the 2012 YOY chesapeake figures are the lowest ever. There are a lot of the young crowd in tune with this and starting to release bass. Personally I C&R unless family comes into town and then I keep a few.

What I don't get is how come all the private boats and charters don't see that bass are a finite resource?
There was a thread the other day where a young kid whose dad bought him a $50,000 boat (so lets call him a rich young kid, lol) is limiting out on bass every time out there. If he is so well off why does he need to kill and keep every bass he catches including bonus tag bass. He recently used the excuse that the bass he kills are all eaten and go to the poor and churches in his area. Give me a break if he is catching 8-12 bass every time out what is he doing with them all. Poor people can eat peanut butter. They can eat rice. They can eat pork and beans. Only someone who voted for Obama would use the lame excuse that you have to keep your limit every time out because you can. And then to admit that you are taking too many, and have to give the excess away to the poor?

What is wrong with society where a 17 or 18 year old kid justifies killing every single bass he gets his hands on?
What is wrong with his Dad that he condones this?

Every winter we ***** and moan about all the bass caught off carolina and virginia. We are horrified at all the slaughter.
What about what all the charters and private boats catch in NJ? I am not talking about the boats that take out patrons for their once a year striped bass, there is no reason to criticize those folks, they fish so little they SHOULD take some bass home.
What about the charter that goes out every day, AM and PM trips?
And advertises on every web site out there. Don't they have any responsibility at all as guardians of the striper population? If you or your boat are responsible for harvesting 10-20 big bass a day, shouldn't your conscience bother you just a little bit?

I am going to start posting all the pics of the meat men of NJ and their catches.

Dark you fight for access and rant about the apathy. Well I feel the same way about the dozens of private boats and charters keeping their limit with bonus tags every time.

No disrespect meant dark, but if you delete the thread I will post it again.
If you want to kick me off the site so be it.
I am sick and tired of the hypocrisy and feel something should be said. The world needs to know who the meat men are.