Page 11 of 30 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: MEAT MEN of New Jersey

Quote Originally Posted by bababooey View Post
    You guys should remember that the Capt has to do what the fares want or they will not come back.
    I dunno dude. Maybe the capt could try to say something at least. Here in LI we are only allowed 2 on the boats, and one at 28" and one over 40" from shore. That should be enough meat. I think its wrong that you guys can keep 3. No other states allow this.
    Captree trip today

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	captree pride.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	30.4 KB 
ID:	17724

Quote Originally Posted by rockhopper View Post
    I dunno dude. Maybe the capt could try to say something at least. Here in LI we are only allowed 2 on the boats, and one at 28" and one over 40" from shore. That should be enough meat. I think its wrong that you guys can keep 3. No other states allow this.
    Captree trip today
    I think the bonus tag represents what the commercial allotment would be for jersey.
    Whatever it represents its a complete waste of the striped bass. Absolutely no good reason for it to exist.
    White Water Monty 2.00 (WWM)
    Future Long Islander (ASAP)

more meat, everyone filled the bonus tag

Name:	11- 17 full limit with 6 bonus tags.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	36.7 KB 
ID:	17735

I read a report saying the bass were so thick of seaside you could snag them with snag hooks! That's what some of these guys should do bring giant snag hooks on umbrella rigs. Snag 6 bass at a time. Make 3 passes and you have your 18 bass. Put the meat in the box and you can go home. What happened to the joy of catching?

Ancient chinese proverb -the joy of filleting is > the joy of catching. lol. Time to change that equation.

So with the decent fishing at IB the last few days, if some guy keeps 2 bass a day,3 straight days, well within the limits allowed, nothing legally wrong, is that to be frowned upon?

I think that's a little overboard?
    If hes keeping shorts or has to fill his bonus tag yeah then hes a greedy pig. The bonus tag should be taken off the table too much abuse anyway. Taking 2 bass why not? If I was in the midst of fishing that good I mite take one or two. The hard thing is if you are out on the bar and keep one I have heard that someone will mug you and be in your spot. Because of that I might let them go until I was tired, and then keep one to walk with on the way back to shore

Quote Originally Posted by storminsteve View Post
    If hes keeping shorts or has to fill his bonus tag yeah then hes a greedy pig. The bonus tag should be taken off the table too much abuse anyway. Taking 2 bass why not?

Im the same way. Keep your two bass all you want. It's the bonus tag I have an issue with. We need to eliminate that damn thing. Here's a capt every time out he advertises limits plus bonus. Big advertising score for him, big loss when there are no stripers left.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 11-21 full limit with 4 bonus tags.jpg  

Charter boats posting "limits ++++"
    Extremely unnecessary.

I personally never take 2 fish but I do keep one for the table(if some say I'm part of the problem that is their opinion)my family eats fish.I can only do what I feel is correct.I will make attempts to talk to others about shorts and kicking fish around taking their sweet a$$ time unhooking fish, will I fight over it hell no as mentioned above you cannot fix stupid.A moratorium is the answer right now so all these little fish that are left can live and breed IMO, fighting politicians is pissing up a rope they will blow smoke up your a$$ and do the exact opposite just to **** you off (after they get your vote)After 30 years of jumping up and down fighting,yelling and screaming,joining this organization joining that one nothing much gets done that will do any good.I'm effing done, time for some young blood to jump in I'm going to fish keep my one and go the eff home.This is why I fish alone away from everyone.Sorry if I offended anyone but life goes on and I plan on enjoying what's left of it with my family not some damn fish & to fight with oblivious people and politicians.
    Cranky Old Bassturd.

Is there an end of year nomination for biggest meatman? If so I nominate the LaGrossa bros, taking their limit each time. How big is their freezer? Results announced today

By Al Ristori The Star-Ledger
    on December 13, 2013 at 11:29 AM, updated December 13, 2013 at 11:34 AM
    Following is Friday's complete column as submitted:

SL12-13-13
    RISTORI FOR FRIDAY
    LaGrossa's Were Big Winners in Jersey Shore Beach N Boat Tournament
    by Al Ristori

Chris and Phil LaGrossa cleaned up when the 2013 Jersey Shore Beach N Boat Tournament awards were passed out last Friday night at Marine Max in Brick.
    Phil LaGrossa weighed in the $3,000 striped bass winner of 46.2 pounds at Grumpy's Tackle in Seaside Park May 18, and also added third place at 43.95 pounds -- while his brother took sixth and seventh with stripers of 40.1 and 39.56 pounds. They added four bluefish awards from 20.25 to 21.19 pounds, and Phil took the second place fluke prize of $1,000 with a 9.75-pounder weighed at Pell's on July 7 -- where he also weighed the $2,000 weakfish winner of 9.75 pounds taken from shore on April 26.

^^^^ They topped out in every category? Bass blues fluke and weakfish. Not like the tourneys here . Very unusual for guys to want to win every category. You are either a bassman or fish for other species. Look at Greg Myerson. Bass is the only thing he fishes for. Congrats to them but it seems like there might be other issues they're compensating for. Small pee pee?

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    You are either a bassman or fish for other species. Look at Greg Myerson. Bass is the only thing he fishes for. Congrats to them but it seems like there might be other issues they're compensating for. Small pee pee?
    Come on now. They win a tourney and you're questioning the size of their member? So much jealousy out there its sad.

Dude I suppose you have never seen Grumpys weigh ins for the months of May and June. Almost every day they are on those weigh in sheets. 40lb bass, 25, 27, 32, 21, 15, etc. They weigh in every single keeper they catch. If you catch 5 25lb bass a week how many of them can you eat? Those bass have to be going somewhere if they are not going in a dumpster. I don't know of any regular freezer that would be able to hold the amounts of fish they catch. Open your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by hookset View Post
    I don't know of any regular freezer that would be able to hold the amounts of fish they catch. Open your eyes.

Maybe they have a mcdonalds super size freezer. Or they could be feeding some poor widows and orphans.

Quote Originally Posted by jigfreak View Post
    Is there an end of year nomination for biggest meatman? If so I nominate the LaGrossa bros, taking their limit each time. How big is their freezer?
    Phil and Chris sure do catch and kill a lot of bass.
    Did a Google search and they place high in many contests and weigh in lots of dead Bass.
    Looks like these guys kill lots of bass each year too (not just this one). Sorry Bababooey, I also think these brothers deserve to be recognized as Guys who Kill to many bass (within the law probably), but its in excess and should be called out by other fisherman.

My vote for the The New Jersey Meat Man of 2013 is Captain Derek Bielitz. He actually posted in this thread (that may be cheating ). But he had a bunch of "Bass Limits ++" this fall. While he is a charter captain and did his thing legally, he sure was not very convincing with his customers regarding C and R. It was K and ++ (Kill and kill more).

Quote Originally Posted by Capt Derek Fisher Price 4 View Post
    Hello. My name is Capt Derek Bielitz. I do support catch and release and i can tell you i had a trip the other day where we landed 50 or 52 bass all day and only kept one fish for the table cause it was gut hooked and bleeding out. I encourage my guys to release all fish 30 lbs or bigger cause they are your breeding fish and we need to keep the stock up and have fish for our future generations to experience. This is my first and last post on this site.

Quote Originally Posted by hookset View Post
    Dude I suppose you have never seen Grumpys weigh ins for the months of May and June. Almost every day they are on those weigh in sheets. 40lb bass, 25, 27, 32, 21, 15, etc. They weigh in every single keeper they catch. If you catch 5 25lb bass a week how many of them can you eat? Those bass have to be going somewhere if they are not going in a dumpster. I don't know of any regular freezer that would be able to hold the amounts of fish they catch. Open your eyes.
    Have to agree with this. Have seen those online grumpys weigh in results as well. The 6-8 weeks that the bass hit in close to the surf they kill more bass than anyone else. I don't think I am hating on them bababooey its a fact. For anyone winning tourneys more power to them. I'm not against that. But I think hookset raised a fair question here. What can they possibly do with all those dead bass? If you catch a bunch of fish over 20 or 30 lbs that's a lot of meat. Where does it go?
    I would like to see a public explanation somewhere of what they are doing with all the striper fillets. Not saying its wrong but it is more than a freezer full of fish they are catching. You can't just stock fillets in your back pantry like cans of string beans and corn. You have to keep them refrigerated somewhere. my .02

Quote Originally Posted by wish4fish View Post
    haha i told u this dude is gay monty he wants to show you his meatBALLS!!!!!!haha lol!
    Quote Originally Posted by Freezer Burn View Post
    Hey now Mr. or Mrs. Wish4Fish...no name calling please!!! And besides only another gay guy would know where gay guys hang out too.
    FB
    PS..I'll PM you for approval for my next screen name if I ever join another fishing website.
    Quote Originally Posted by Meat Man View Post
    I see you've been a member since 2008. Two words for you **
    Was bored. Anyone know when bucktail boy is putting in the water? Will he be bringing the widows and orphans with him this year? Dark you can delete this if you want no worries. I am usually catching lots o bass by now and bored out of my mind. What ever happened to those guys freezer burn and meat man. They were fun. Idiots, but still fun.

That's interesting that someone is using the widows and orphans term. When we are otw during a slow bite we will get the radio calls from the guy who is only trying to get some fish for his kids, can anyone out there help. I call them the widows and orphans calls. You know half of them are bogus. They use the plea of finding fish for the kids as a ploy. One of the oldest tricks in the book.

Well the meat runs have started. I am talking about the guys useing the bonus tags.
    Todays catch

Name:	3 guys with bonus tags papa angls apr 21.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	28.2 KB 
ID:	18172

Page 11 of 30 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast