bring on the meat
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bonus tags 25lbs mad gaffer apr 21.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	27.2 KB 
ID:	18175

The bunker are in the bay and catching is easy and guess who is back

http://www.njfishing.com/forums/showthread.php?t=68444

Pay attention to what history has taught us or be prepared to relive it again

^^^^^It's a shame that a kid is so stupid when it comes to conservation. This is the future of the stripers finchaser. Might as well get ready for the moratorium with kids like that at the helm of daddys boat. Here is another meat guy. Just posted today. Its interesting that this capt in all his reports he brags about the bonus limits. I think that qualifies him as well as the fares as meat men, don't you agree?

Name:	april 25 papas angels boat limits with bonus tags.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	29.2 KB 
ID:	18204

Some guy here posted this this morning in case any one wants to read it

Quote Originally Posted by captnemo View Post
    Capt Al Ristori posted this today. I agree 100% -

"As expected, striped bass fishing broke open last weekend in Raritan Bay with clamming, trolling and live bunker fishing all producing lots of legal bass. Yet, as good as that fishing has been, it’s important to keep in mind that most of those large bass are females feeding up before spawning in the Hudson River next month.

It’s almost certain that any striper of 20 pounds or more is a female, and the future of local stocks is dependent on maintaining a strong spawning stock in the Hudson. If you’re going to bring home some fish, it’s better to keep the smaller males rather than round-bellied females so close to spawning."

Quote Originally Posted by basshunter View Post
    ^^^^^It's a shame that a kid is so stupid when it comes to conservation. This is the future of the stripers finchaser. Might as well get ready for the moratorium with kids like that at the helm of daddys boat
    Goes to show you that you can't fix stupid.

Sad part is many adults on the 3 sites he post the same sh_t look up to him like he's some kind of hero and as his dad says it's all good he's not breaking any laws

meat galore. Capt ____ puts you on the meat! Nice pics of the meat! Its like the Village people came out to fish, unreal. Guess capt roman never heard of throwing a few back so they can spawn.

Quote Originally Posted by captnemo View Post
    Capt Al Ristori posted this today.
    . It’s almost certain that any striper of 20 pounds or more is a female, and the future of local stocks is dependent on maintaining a strong spawning stock in the Hudson. If you’re going to bring home some fish, it’s better to keep the smaller males rather than round-bellied females so close to spawning."

Name:	35 and 32 lbs.jpg 
Size:	26.1 KB 
ID:	18208Click image for larger version. 

Name:	roman round meat men.jpg 
Size:	30.5 KB 
ID:	18209Click image for larger version. 

Name:	roman round sunday limits plus bonus tags.jpg 
Size:	30.0 KB 
ID:	18210

Quote Originally Posted by hookset View Post
    meat galore. Capt ____ puts you on the meat! Nice pics of the meat! Its like the Village people came out to fish, unreal.
    Kind of like the players at the games who are always patting each other on the butts. Fanny pat? Why? You pat me on my butt and I'll crack you in your face. Some people are so desperate for attention thats the way they talk. My .02

I don't understand why you can't keep just 2 fish. Is the bonus tag raally necessary to use. All that meat is probably going to go bad in someones freezer. Such a waste.

some more meat guys
    "limited out with bonus tags by 11:00. Managed 15 stripers and 1 - 18inch winter flounder. Biggest Striper weighing in at 19 lbs all averaging 34-37 inches."
    So each of these dudes took home 3 bass. 34-37 inches are fish 14-19 pounds. That's about 7 pounds of fillets or more from each fish if they were all on the bigger side. Around 21 pounds for each guy to take home.
    Way to bring home the meat, dudes. When there is no more meat left will you eat spam in a can?

Name:	limits plus bonus tags.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	29.7 KB 
ID:	18212

I heard there is an all out slaughter on stripers in Raritan Bay. I guess not too many of the big girls are getting thrown back. I found this pic on the net.

Name:	big dead striper limits.jpg 
ID:	18213

I read a report on another forum where this kayak fisherman and his dad kept 2 bass each, total of 4, just to give them away at the beach to the surf fisherman who were not catching. I mean come on!!

Name:	unneccesary.jpg 
Size:	32.6 KB 
ID:	18214

Quote Originally Posted by porgy75 View Post
    I heard there is an all out slaughter ......... I guess not too many of the big girls are getting thrown back.
    There should be a catch and release only regulation pre spawn. Maryland has that reg, why don't we?

Quote Originally Posted by porgy75 View Post
    I heard there is an all out slaughter on stripers in Raritan Bay. I guess not too many of the big girls are getting thrown back. I found this pic on the net.

Name:	big dead striper limits.jpg 
ID:	18213
    Quote Originally Posted by robmedina View Post
    I read a report on another forum where this kayak fisherman and his dad kept 2 bass each, total of 4, just to give them away at the beach to the surf fisherman who were not catching. I mean come on!!

There should be a catch and release only regulation pre spawn. Maryland has that reg, why don't we?
    rob I have seen a lot of kayakers come back with their limits. I'm not talking about 2 at 28". More like 2 at 42" and above. Especially those guys who launch from Monmouth beach during the bunker blitzes.. If you are keeping 2 fish over 25 lbs each time, that's a lot of meat and it should be questioned too. The kayakers should start getting their acts together. I read about a group called the kayak coastal conservation club, or kcc or something like that. It supposably fights for access. Well if you call yourself a conservation group you should put the word out that it is not cool for members and fellow kayakers to keep 2 20 lb fish each time they are in a blitz. Not cool and I agree with what you said about that guy in the red kayak. That is just stupid.
    I agree they should make it c&r during the spawn. So many guys talk about the future of stripers but then keep 3 big ones every time. If we all keep 3 just because we can there will be no future.

Here is another supreme meat man. I think his name is the cathy c out of seawaren. Capt Sal something or other. Can't stand this guy. My opinion he is such a tool. One of those know it alls who has epic fishing every time. Latest report they got fish to 36 lbs and all kept their limits. Fish 20 lbs and up All prime spawning fish that will never spawn again.
    How much meat - can you eat?

"today was outstanding in Raritan Bay. Stated out drifting and live lining. Caught some real nice bass in twenty pound range. Lot of run offs and drops so we set the hook. Fish up to 36lbs with Rob Orzak Landing his personal best. Jim Curcio no relation had a 32 and two over 25lbs. The name of the boat is Shananagans out of Morgan "

Name:	shananagans dead bass2.jpg 
Size:	29.6 KB 
ID:	18216

Name:	shananagans dead bass limits to 36lbs.jpg 
Size:	33.1 KB 
ID:	18215

Name:	shananagans dead bass3.jpg 
Size:	29.6 KB 
ID:	18217

Lol gotta love it. The same line used by that kid johnny bucktails. "Whatever we can't use goes to the poor in the area" Give me a break. New Obama program coming out, johnny bucktails and the guy in the red hobie are now allowed super limits so they can feed the poor of the world. Unreal.

Quote Originally Posted by hookset View Post
    his name is the cathy c out of seawaren. Capt Sal something or other. One of those know it alls who has epic fishing every time. Latest report they got fish to 36 lbs and all kept their limits. Fish 20 lbs and up All prime spawning fish that will never spawn again.
    How much meat - can you eat?
    I know Capt Sal. He has a reputation for exaggerating. Take his reports with a grain of salt. His job to pack the boat. He has to talk the bite up to do that. You might want to cut him some slack for that part of the promoting. As for the keeping of big fish I don't usually keep fish that big they don't taste that good. He has to follow the wishes of his fares.

Quote Originally Posted by jigfreak View Post
    Lol gotta love it. The same line used by that kid johnny bucktails. "Whatever we can't use goes to the poor in the area" Give me a break. New Obama program coming out, johnny bucktails and the guy in the red hobie are now allowed super limits so they can feed the poor of the world. Unreal.
    I said something about this on the forum that I saw it on, and my comment was deleted......

Must have been As_ Barn

Kayakers are no different from boaters or surf fisherman.

I've seen it all out there from guys catching and releasing 10-20+ fish in an outing to guys putting three fish in the box and heading for their car to go back out and get three more...

Unfortunately, post super storm Sandy kayaks have become really popular and some of the shore bound idiots have purchased them.

They also make the perfect fishing/trolling vessels for fishing the flats during the day and the fish tend to go suicidal for a 2-3 week period in the spring.

Page 12 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast