Page 13 of 30 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: MEAT MEN of New Jersey

Quote Originally Posted by voyager35 View Post
    His job to pack the boat. He has to talk the bite up to do that. You might want to cut him some slack for that part of the promoting. As for the keeping of big fish I don't usually keep fish that big they don't taste that good. He has to follow the wishes of his fares.
    Well here is a capt who is not only following the wishes of his fares he is promoting "bonus limits" on every trip. Is it the fares who make him do it or is the capt culpable? After all he is using it as part of his marketing strategy. So he has to take some of the responsibility.
    What do you guys think about that? Here is the report:

" Friday was pay back time Troy an his guys had a bonus limit in the box by 8:15. Friday afternoon's open boat crew easily put a bonus limit on ice also. Saturday John an his crew had a great trip by putting another bonus limit on ice .

Saturday afternoon was a tough one . We read lots of fish that would not bite.
    We ended up only killing 7. "

Check this out fish to mid 30 lbs lined up like cordwood. Raritan bay
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	april meat.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	28.4 KB 
ID:	18219

Quote Originally Posted by finchaser View Post
    Must have been As_ Barn
    No I got off that hack site last year. This was on sol and I like sol too.

Quote Originally Posted by surferman View Post
    Well here is a capt who is not only following the wishes of his fares he is promoting "bonus limits" on every trip. Is it the fares who make him do it or is the capt culpable? After all he is using it as part of his marketing strategy. So he has to take some of the responsibility.

What do I think? that this guy is a real class act.
    Poor baby - ONLY killed 7 fish. What an A**-munch.

Sorry to pee on the cornflakes here. You guys must realize the business is changing. Not much interest in putting together a 6 pack striper charter nowadays with all the busy schedules. Many Capts are running open boats just to make ends meet. Say a Capt has 6 fares that don't know each other and he takes them out. They want full coolers. Who is he to deny them? Just my .02

^^^^ Dude that is such a lame excuse. By that logic I should be able to sell crack to school kids because some of them really want me to sell it to them. Some of these capts need to grow the eff up and realize they are hammering these bass to no end. When there hardly any left and all the restrictions on seabass and fluke what will they fish for, dogfish? Effing tools.

Quote Originally Posted by jigfreak View Post
    ^^^^ Dude that is such a lame excuse. By that logic I should be able to sell crack to school kids because some of them really want me to sell it to them. Some of these capts need to grow the eff up and realize they are hammering these bass to no end. When there hardly any left and all the restrictions on seabass and fluke what will they fish for, dogfish? Effing tools.
    what he said^^^ Especially that they are pre spawn fish they do not have to exercise bonus tags for the whole boat sometimes including them

Pay attention to what history has taught us or be prepared to relive it again

Quote Originally Posted by surferman View Post

" Friday was pay back time Troy an his guys had a bonus limit in the box by 8:15. Friday afternoon's open boat crew easily put a bonus limit on ice also. Saturday John an his crew had a great trip by putting another bonus limit on ice .

Saturday afternoon was a tough one . We read lots of fish that would not bite.
    Quote Originally Posted by finchaser View Post
    what he said^^^ Especially that they are pre spawn fish they do not have to exercise bonus tags for the whole boat sometimes including them

Exactly. If a captain is advertising "limits +++ with bonus" for each trip that happens, that captain is using the bonus tag as a marketing tool. He may not be saying it specifically but hes implying "Hey come on our boat we will get you more meat than the other boats and we will fill your bonus tags every time". Then the captains when questioned about it say "oh well we are doing what the law allows. If you don't like it change the law."
    B-U-L-L-S-H-I-T

The latest load of meat from papas angels. If you ask my opinion they are a load of ****. 6 man charter 18 fish to 25 lbs. yep get em now while you can before they are all dead.

Name:	papa angels meat men limit with bonus tags may3.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	29.4 KB 
ID:	18228

It's only a matter of time before the li head boats will be in on the action too. Things have been a little slow in the ocean guess the bass have not turned on yet. If it doesn't happen soon you can expect to see captree pride down there. Only 6 guys and all those bass? 25lbs? What greedy pigs!

I keep and eat a lot of fish. With that being said I don't keep bonus fish. There is no need. If you want another one just go out and get one. Some of these chater capts make me sick. I would never book any of the names mentioned here.

More meat for the meat men. 16 bass to 35 lbs. 6 man charter that includes bonus fish. How many 35 lb bass do you need to fill a freezer?

Name:	may 5 jersey hooker 6 man charter 16 bass bonus limits.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	28.7 KB 
ID:	18251

Quote Originally Posted by hookset View Post
    How many 35 lb bass do you need to fill a freezer?
    That's a trick question, right?
    Only one, cause you end up throwing it out after 6 months when it gets freezer burn.

lol

Another captain who advertises bonus ++ when he goes out there.

Name:	bonus ++ tagged fish.jpg 
Size:	30.2 KB 
ID:	18263

Quote Originally Posted by jigfreak View Post
    That's a trick question, right?
    Only one, cause you end up throwing it out after 6 months when it gets freezer burn.
    Whatever happened to that guy freezer burn? He was a one man circus.

Quote Originally Posted by basshunter View Post
    He was a one man circus.

Maybe he ran off and joined the circus. Ba-da-bing!

Another meat man. Marilyn Jean from sheepshead bay. Full boat limit of big stripers.
    It's funny he even posts in the caption that he is a meat man lol.

"Pete with all the meat"

Name:	marilyn jean meat men.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	29.6 KB 
ID:	18268

this should be the last year for this waste in NJ with new regs coming

Pay attention to what history has taught us or be prepared to relive it again

I don't understand why NJ keeps fighting for 3 bass and other states have be happy with 2.

^^ I don't know either dogfish I assume its because they're greedy pigs and dont care? Why not just keep 2 per person isn't that enough?
    MEAT for dinner!

Name:	6 fishstix 5-9 limit ++ bonus to 20lbs.jpg 
Size:	28.4 KB 
ID:	18272Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4 fishstix 5-9  limit ++ over 20lbs.jpg 
Size:	36.3 KB 
ID:	18273

Page 13 of 30 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast