Page 18 of 30 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Thread: MEAT MEN of New Jersey

fishstix today. Out of Belmar. Capt Kris. full boat limit plus bonus tags. Fish to 45lbs. How much fillets can you get from one 45lb striper? Way to find the meat.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1A4A1A11-62F6-4582-A2AD-9ADED283688D_zpskbvttnt0.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	30.3 KB 
ID:	19021

Quote Originally Posted by hookset View Post
    Thats good news lets hope NJ sticks to it. At least the raritan bay meatmen like fisher price wont be able to catch "bonus plus plus limits" anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by storminsteve View Post
    X2, that guy is a notorious greedy pig but the clients should take responsibility too. Or at least the capt should try to educate them that there are less stripers. My .02.

Fisher Price IV 10/30 Striper Limits ++

Headed out this morning with Ken, Bob, AJ, Bill, Karl and Skip from Stalker Charters. took a ride this morning to where the bite has been north and did a lot of searching to find very little. Turned around and flew south. The guys hung in there and worked hard all morning with the jigs landing their limit plus while releasing several other fish. Total for the day was 18 bass (only keeping legal limit) up to 26 lbs.

6 man trip - 18 bass- some things never change. Time to get rid of those bonus tags or this guy will rape the fish till there are none left. Can't wait till 2015

Can someone help me understand this? I count 5 guys in the pic, and they say they had 1 striper short of the boat limit. Why do they count the limit of the Capt and the mate when they are not fishing. If that's not illegal isn't it immoral? Why is this allowed? thanks

Name:	58766A8F-51DC-4071-897E-8EA90BF6C357_zpsdh6rihom.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	30.5 KB 
ID:	19027

Friday 10/31 had Jim and the boys 5 man charter. It was their first time for Stripers. Headed to where we were yesterday. Stopped the boat snagged bait and bam couple fish on immediatley. Caught a few missed a few. Stuck with it and had 9 in the boat quickly. Went north a little and grabbed 3 more. Went back to where we were and got another. NE wind was kicking, the boys had 13 bass to around 25lbs or more in the boat, and the inlet was in sight. They called it a day at 11am. Total for the day was 13 (1 shy of our 7 man boat limit), they missed a bunch and a few pulled hooks. But I gotta say for their first time they did a hell of a job!

Capt Kris

Pay attention to what history has taught us or be prepared to relive it again

Quote Originally Posted by finchaser View Post

Monty's favorite kid
    Wow they hook them deep in the bass. Guy has his hand so far in I expected to see his finger come out of the Basses @ss .
    White Water Monty 2.00 (WWM)
    Future Long Islander (ASAP)

God forbid he'd use a circle hook

^^^^^^^monty can't you damage the bass's gill plate that way? If you do that and put the bass back in the water don't they have a high mortality rate. Can anyone answer this? finchaser I read Al Ristory in his blog talk about circle hooks when livelining all the time. Why don't more of these guys use circle hooks for the bass they are releasing. Is it a cost factor or just stupidity and arrogance?

Quote Originally Posted by hookedonbass View Post
    ^^^^^^^monty can't you damage the bass's gill plate that way? If you do that and put the bass back in the water don't they have a high mortality rate. Can anyone answer this? finchaser I read Al Ristory in his blog talk about circle hooks when livelining all the time. Why don't more of these guys use circle hooks for the bass they are releasing. Is it a cost factor or just stupidity and arrogance?
    I would think trying to get that hook out so deep would put the odds of a fish living very low.
    I think circle hooks should be mandatory. Would really make an impact on mortality.

I don't want to get into any of the controversy here or take away from the pluses of a young man who obviously enjoys the fishing he does with his Dad. However as you learn more and you fish live bunker you learn that circle hooks will kill less fish in the long run. I hope someone shows this young man the way because the way he is doing it now and with the evidence in the video there will probably not be a high survival rate for his releases. My .02 only. Still would congratulate him on the catching.

Do circle hooks work???

Quote Originally Posted by voyager35 View Post
    I don't want to get into any of the controversy here or take away from the pluses of a young man who obviously enjoys the fishing he does with his Dad. However as you learn more and you fish live bunker you learn that circle hooks will kill less fish in the long run. I hope someone shows this young man the way because the way he is doing it now and with the evidence in the video there will probably not be a high survival rate for his releases. My .02 only. Still would congratulate him on the catching.
    The father son thing is his new BS he still kills every fish he catches he is constantly crucified on other sites. In one of his video's he preaches how he will release breeding size fish because he caught a 50 and in the back ground is a cooler with numerous tails sticking out of it as he and his friends usually do the bonus tag thing.
    A 14 inch Calcutta de-hooker can eliminate the arm down the throat ,learning how to live line without letting the fish run a mile would eliminate a lot of the gut hooks and last but not least use of circle hooks. Also notice in the video none of the fish went back he was just saving his hooks not the fish

His father then says little Johnnie is going by what the law dictates and people are jealous because daddy bought him a boat.

He only posts when the fish are committing suicide on bunker and he can fill the boat and beat on his chest ,because with out bunker he's like a lot of people who can't catch a fish.

fintaztic fishing meat wagon!

Name:	20141031_145731.jpg 
Size:	30.2 KB 
ID:	19045

November 8th and 9th bass reports - Johnny Bucktails
    Oh my Forgot to release them again no one could eat that many fish especially big ones like these that feed on bunker you can smell it in them when you clean them

8th: Headed out at 8am with Dad and My good buddy Bob. The morning started off slow but in the afternoon we headed to a new area and found bird life. Went to work with the jigs and shads to box up or 3 man limit of bass. Nothing big but all healthy keepers with a few shorts and blues mixed in. Great day on the water with a lot of laughs.

9th: Headed out at 9 am with Dad, Good friend Dennis, and his son Tyler. Same situation as the day before. The morning was a little slow with just one keeper bass being caught. Had a tough time finding fish but made it happen in the afternoon. Found the birds working again and was able to land 4 keeper bass on jigs and shads. One fish was in the 20's. A lot of shorts and a few blues. Lot of fun, great conditions, and a great crew once again.

tight lines- Johnny Bucktails

Aka: Johnny Bucktails

2012 28 foot Sports cabin PARKER

Quote Originally Posted by finchaser View Post
    November 8th and 9th bass reports - Johnny Bucktails
    Oh my Forgot to release them again no one could eat that many fish especially big ones like these that feed on bunker you can smell it in them when you clean them
    Rumor going around that he prefers to be called Johnny Kill-Bass now .
    That bucktail tag was getting old.

^^^^^^ Well if he was true to his style he should just call himself Johnny Kill-em-All. In one way I feel bad bashing on this kid, you start to think isn't there anyone else that deserves the meatman of the year award. But every time he's out, he's taking full limit plus bonus when the bite is good. So I guess he hasn't learned from all the internet criticism. Also the changing of limits to one bass you would think some of these guys would want to set an example and start abiding by the new regs. With each successive report you see it's all about the meat for these folks.

He's not a charter captain trying to make a living and sending the fish home with the charter who may fish once a year. He keeps them all every trip period

^^^^^^ That truly is ashame.

Fish stix loading up on the meat today

Attachment 19057
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 3D199DFB-9F0A-435A-9FD9-4CBD46C425F7_zpsp3bzg62i.jpg  

Fish D**KS again 11-14. Man this guy is a real meat slob. 5 people fishing 14 fish using bonus tags. Do you really have to keep 14 fish with a lot of them over 20 lbs, for 5 guys. What greedy pigs.

Name:	0C6D3511-E6E9-4835-8554-943EADFB40CD_zpstbhxjvf1.jpg 
Size:	36.6 KB 
ID:	19072

The averageangler blog posted this today. I agree with him

"One fish 28 to 43 inches and a second fish over 43 inches. That my friends is a travesty. You can do all the math you want and can even try and figure that a second fish over 43 inches isn't an easy fish to catch.......but it really isn't......at least for the boat angler.

What they have done is now started, or just ended, a war between the boat and beach angler. It used to be that the recreational and commercial fisherman we pointing fingers at each other. That was easy. They would use the argument that recreational anglers took 27 million pounds of striped bass each year to the commercials 9 million. And those numbers aren't factual. I always said that charter boats, from six packs to party, numbers should be put into the commercial category. They are vessels for hire. They are commercial operations. Even though the fares are fishing for and taking "meat" home for their own recreational pleasure.

But what this new regulation does is pin surf fishermen against boat fisherman, well there was always a divide, but now it will get ugly. In this age of social media, from blogs to fishing forums to fishing report pages, readers are able to see, almost in real time, who is catching when and where and how.

What it came down to was pressure from charter boat captains who feared that reducing a paying customers haul to one fish would hurt an already hurting industry. Duh, yes it will. But that already hurting industry is happening because of the reduced number of fish available to catch and kill. You want to save a fishery......its simple......reduce mortality.

So the early spring clam and bunker bite massacre that happens in Raritan Bay to pre-spawn Hudson fish will continue. Then the bunker snag and drop massacre will continue into the early summer. Then in the fall it will pick up again.

We will continue to see charter boats decks and docks loaded with dead bass. We will now see anglers "catch and releasing" those second fish that don't make the 43 inch mark. So, if your fellow angler next to you doesn't want your second 38 inch fish, and the captain doesn't want it for the boat.....guess what? That means that 10/0 treble snagging hook stuck deep into the striped bass' esophagus will be ripped out and that fish released, if you can call it that, so the angler can catch a "legal" greater than 43" fish. "

I keep a lot of fish but I don't always catch my limit or keep it. 1 nice fish is usually enough for me. I don't need to feed the widows and orphans with striped bass lol. This is just going to make the divide between surf and boat fishermen worse.

Page 18 of 30 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast