Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: MEAT MEN of New Jersey

Default Re: MEAT Men of New Jersey

Blame the guys who praise a 16 year old for posting pictures of deckloads stacked with bass.

^^Those are the same guys who don't have a clue what the moratorium was about or how hard it was to catch a bass back then. Most of them have been fishing for less than 20 years and they "know" all there is to know about striped bass. I lived through the moratorium. I remember fishing right before, conditions were the same as today. Someone pointed out the difference that back then there were no limits and today there are. what those people don't realize is that there are more fishing recreationally than ever before. The bulk of the guys praising that kid are clueless and will whine the loudest when there are no bass left. "What happened, where did the bass go it was those damn netters!" No it wasn't the netters it was the clueless meat men who killed them all.

Another lame answer is "if you don't like the law change it" They don't realized the fishing laws are often changed after the damage has been done. Overall rec catches have been declining for 3 years how and there are more recs fishing. How is that possible? Do the math there are less fish. If that was not true more people would be catching more fish. But they are not. Clueless, brain dead meat men. Fill the box because I can. When there are none left I will whine. Give me another Ballantine.

fisher price dead bass limits plus bonus tags april 29

More meat pics. Lets kill em all, get those bonus tags while the getting is good.

bucktail 3 man limit april 28 fish for the poor
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bucktail 3 man limit april 28 fish for the poor.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	61.2 KB 
ID:	16920

Quote Originally Posted by hookset View Post
    Clueless, brain dead meat men. Fill the box because I can. When there are none left I will whine. Give me another Ballantine.
    Hookset you're a poet and don't even know it.
    Ya can't teach some folks. The ones who know it all it - isn't even worth it to try.

Those are some big breeders right there. It took them 10-15 years to get that size

Quote Originally Posted by J Barbosa View Post
    Blame the guys who praise a 16 year old for posting pictures of deckloads stacked with bass.

I didn't know he is 16 years old? His dad buys a 16 year old kid a 50,000 dollar boat? And they worrry about the poor? How about at 16 he gets a job and works to give the poor some money. At 16 I was working he can do it too. I don't think he has any concept about what being poor is like or what its like to fish for bass for 3 weeks in a row and only catch a small schoolie. Those were the lean years after 1982. But he wasn't even born yet how could he know that. Someone should try to educate him, like his father.
    As for giving fish to the poor, if someone I know wants a bass, I tell them go out there and catch one!
    If he cares so much about the poor, maybe he should only catch 2 bass every time, and give up his fish so they could eat them.
    Show me a kid who does that and I will for him. Otherwise, he gets for being a spoiled arrogant richie rich. I hate that type they think their **** dont stink and don't want to do manual labor because its beneath them.

Thank you for this thread hookset. something needs to be done before it is too late.

The people who only go fishing a few times a year should keep their fish. I think someone else said that too. The guys who go fishing every chance they get, keep their limit every time including the bonus are SELFISH FAT PIGS!!!!!! I don't care who likes it or not you are a greedy gavone and when there are no bass anymore you will have to find something else to stuff your fat disgusting belly.

Ridiculous.

Hookset, I thought about the things you said and your reasons behind them. As you have lived and fished through the moratorium I will try to give you a little leeway, but not much.
    Please - do not make any character assumptions of anyone. If they are not here to defend themselves I feel very strongly about enforcing that.

I, or you, would want the same courtesy given to me if that were the case for us.

That being said, you and the members here have a constitutionally protected right to share your opinion about what is being caught and kept, and your opinions on the state of the fishery.
    I will try to protect your right to voice your opinion within reason, but will not tolerate personal attacks on someone, whether they are members here or not.
    Some changes or deletions may eventually be needed in this thread. I have less time to moderate now. We will see where it leads.

As long as you folks can have adult discussions, and stick to the issues at hand, I'll try to keep this thread open, and try to allow you all to express your opinion, as guaranteed in your first Amendment rights......but please keep in mind that I am expecting you to all act like adults.

Along those lines, anything anyone can post
    A. about the fishery now,
    B. as compared to the moratorium years,
    C. or what it was like then, and why you feel comparisons should be made to now.,
    are all part of a constructive discussion, and could help to educate the folks out there who do not know....

Additionally...
    1. Please bear in mind that when someone goes on a charter, as has been mentioned here several times, there is no way to determine if they fish once a year, once a month, or once a week.

2. We should all alllow others the same consideration that we would want in return.

3. If you feel these types of action are a problem, please be adult in stating why, or why not.

4. If you can back your opinions with data, that would be very helpful, and in line with promoting an adult discussion.
    Thanks, people.

It's not so much the charters it's the asswipes and the followers that kill for ego that will ruin it for all. I've seen it happen before .The funny part is it's being done by a kid in a boat who sparked it all. Praised and followed by people all using a method that takes absolutely no skill what so ever. Guess they will write books and give seminars soon.

Pay attention to what history has taught us or be prepared to relive it again

Quote Originally Posted by finchaser View Post
    Praised and followed by people all using a method that takes absolutely no skill what so ever. Guess they will write books and give seminars soon.
    Killing Bass for Dummies..... Unfortunately there are lots of "dummies" out there....The book would sell like dead Stripers.

I believe the only hope is that the regulations get changed drastically, there is absolutely no hope that the individuals who believe that since they are allowed to kill the bass they have no responsibility in contributing to a healthy bass population. The "No Conscience Generation".
    White Water Monty 2.00 (WWM)
    Future Long Islander (ASAP)

So for a boatload of 6 anglers that means 5 of them got their bonus tags. I realize what you said about the bonus tags finchaser but if it is all about the bonus tags for most people who go on boats maybe it is better to give it up to another state. There is just too much abuse. Isn't 2 bass enough for the table and freezer. Why do you need 3? If the stripers are over 12 lbs, you catch 3 at 36lbs that is a lot of meat. What if there were bonus tags for tog. Tog are a slow growing fish. How long do people think it would take for the tog to be wiped out if everyone bought an extra one home?

. How is that possible? Do the math there are less fish. If that was not true more people would be catching more fish. But they are not. Clueless, brain dead meat men. Fill the box because I can. When there are none left I will whine. Give me another Ballantine.
    Awesome hookset.
    Haha meat men, meat men,
    what ya gonna do?
    what ya gonna do when they come for you!
    New show meat men!

Like it steve, remember that show when they chase down all the losers. Love that Bad Boys song.

Fast forward to present day they should just focus on all the losers wearing those ghetto pants with their drawers hanging out the back. Makes them real easy to catch that way lol. If you're gonna do something where you have to run from the police why do it in clothes that are falling off you as you run?

The latest meat man pic seen on another site. Didn't know the guy was such a meat man till he posted today. Todays meat trip
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails maY 2    TRaw  Meat man.jpg  

Didn't know the guy was such a meat man till he posted today.
    Folks talk a good story but see how quick some of the c&r guys change their tune when the 40lb bass are here or there is tourney money involved. Greed and ego 2 of the biggest factors. Ever taste cat food? Ever taste a 40 lb bass? about the same.
    Disclaimer I do not eat cat food so I can only imagine how bad it tastes.
    Big bass are not good eating. Many of them get tossed in dumpsters after the photo op if the day has been hot or sunny.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	meat  5-2-13 0001(Medium).jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	61.3 KB 
ID:	17022

more meat

Quote Originally Posted by buckethead View Post
    Big bass are not good eating. Many of them get tossed in dumpsters after the photo op if the day has been hot or sunny.
    amen bucket.

Quote Originally Posted by buckethead View Post
    It's kind of ironic that in that pic hookset just posted they are now in the garbage can. In the summer when it's hot some will be in dumpsters. Cycle of life?

Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast