Page 21 of 30 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: MEAT MEN of New Jersey

Maybe someone knows better than me but who the HEL LL are these guys?
    ISLAND PRINCESS STRIPER SLAUGHTER!!!!
    ISLAND PRINCESS STRIPED BASS BEAT DOWN!!!!!!

They are on another web site I was checking out. Every day its the same headlines. Can they be slaughtering the stripers every day or is it just hype?

A lot of it is hype. If they don't say they are slaughtering them a lot of folks won't go. They stay at home watching the game or putz around until the run is full on. Don't blame the Captains so much as the potato heads in today's society who don't want to fish unless they are blitzing. My .02

Quote Originally Posted by nitestrikes View Post
    A lot of it is hype. If they don't say they are slaughtering them a lot of folks won't go.
    Well then everyone should take off work calling in sick and head up to Raritan Bay. The Down Deep is crushing it. Striped bass are jumping in the boat lol.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20151101_54.jpg  

Don't guys put fish in coolers anymore. Or do they just lay them out for the photos'? How can you tell which striper belongs to which fisherman?

Quote Originally Posted by hookset View Post
    Well then everyone should take off work calling in sick and head up to Raritan Bay. The Down Deep is crushing it. Striped bass are jumping in the boat lol.

Isn't that one of the big time charter captains with a fleet of boats? Guess there is alot of pressure to make those boat payments. Found this online that they caught today. Tasty looking stripers!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 97.jpg  

Yeh especially the ones that are all red and bashed up.

A lot of it is hype. If they don't say they are slaughtering them a lot of folks won't go. They stay at home watching the game or putz around until the run is full on. Don't blame the Captains so much as the potato heads in today's society who don't want to fish unless they are blitzing. My .02
    It's the same thing every year. Nothing brings folks out faster to fish the for-hire boats than a pic of a deck or dock filled with limits. Been going on that way for a long time. When there are not enough bass left to fish for they will either go out of business or post pictures of fluke and seabass limits. My .02

A lot of it is hype. If they don't say they are slaughtering them a lot of folks won't go.
    Oh man you are so correct a mundo on this one! Such a difference in reports depending on whos doing the reporting.
    report from today, 2 boats-
    1-"Fishing is red hot right now and now is the time to come on down for a nice day of good fall fishing."

2-"Another Striped Bass beatdown to 27 lbs. again today, insane blow-ups amazing sights to see fish flying way out of water chasing everything in their sight."

report from al ristori tonight-
    "At Atlantic Highlands, the Sea Hunter got into stripers of mostly 24 to 26 inches along with some keepers today. They also had one brief shot at blues. The Fishermen reported it was quiet in the bay until bird life developed on the change of tide. Then there was plenty of action on shad lures, though the pool bass was only 14 pounds."

So ironic for years Ristori was known as Al Fish Story. Now he's posting true reports and the other guys are hyping it. What a strange turn of events. Bizarro Jerry Seinfeld for the fishing world.

hah thats funny Bizarro Ristory!
    Living in a world where killing all the fish is good.
    meat reigns supreme!
    Ristory reports the truth.
    Throwing stripers back is bad.
    Truth is evil, fantasy land is the right road to be on.
    Kill them all!
    And start all over again.

First they wipe out the big fish
    Now they target the so called big fish high teens and twenty's the good breeders
    They also use blanket bonus tags to kill the 24 to 26 inch fish the last good year class 2011 which is suppose to grow to replenish dwindling stocks

All justified by Tom Fote and the bullsh_t he fed the state

Pay attention to what history has taught us or be prepared to relive it again

Quote Originally Posted by cowherder View Post
    hah thats funny Bizarro Ristory!
    Living in a world where killing all the fish is good.
    meat reigns supreme!
    Ristory reports the truth.
    You had me at Ristori reports the truth. Funny stuff.

For years there were the actual fishing reports. And then the Ristori reports, based on all the lies the Capts told him. He would print anything without checking. Now that he doesn't have his charter boat anymore it appears that he is pretty much telling the truth. We've come full circle. Like bucket head said a lot of captains have to lie or exaggerate for a living. People won't rush to fill a boat if only a slow pick.

Quote Originally Posted by jigfreak View Post
    You had me at Ristori reports the truth. Funny stuff.

For years there were the actual fishing reports. And then the Ristori reports, based on all the lies the Capts told him. He would print anything without checking. Now that he doesn't have his charter boat anymore it appears that he is pretty much telling the truth. We've come full circle. Like bucket head said a lot of captains have to lie or exaggerate for a living. People won't rush to fill a boat if only a slow pick.

Please I see him at least 5 days a week and he prints anything they tell him and talks up any one who takes him on there boat for free especially some of the Raritan bay meat men

Pay attention to what history has taught us or be prepared to relive it again

captree pride meat bus
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 174884.jpg  

In the spirit of Thanksgiving just wanted to thank you for starting this thread. When the stripers are all gone we can come back here and look to see who was most responsible.

A famous .phrase I learned a long time ago is - "if you are not part the solution you're part of the problem." As far as I'm concerned you guys in Jersey are greedy bastards for taking three fish when everyone else has to except just one. No offense intended, but with a situation like that the biggest offenders will never recognize themselves. I mean, some of those small fish I'm seeing are just barely out of diapers. A real man would be ashamed to keep a 24 inch striper, much less lift it up with other fishermen for a photo op. My 2c.

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    A famous .phrase I learned a long time ago is - "if you are not part the solution you're part of the problem." As far as I'm concerned you guys in Jersey are greedy bastards for taking three fish when everyone else has to except just one. No offense intended, but with a situation like that the biggest offenders will never recognize themselves. I mean, some of those small fish I'm seeing are just barely out of diapers. A real man would be ashamed to keep a 24 inch striper, much less lift it up with other fishermen for a photo op. My 2c.
    Spot on. and a real man would not be taking those little baby bonus fish and promoting it heavily every chance he gets.
    Captain Derek, the poster child for striped bass conservation 2015 lol.

11-26-2015, 12:59 PM
    Capt Derek Fisher Price 3
    Fisher Price IV Thanksgiving Striper Slam
    Headed out this morning with Paul, Bob, Art, Mike, Kevin, Sal for our annual Thanksgiving striper trip. Found the birds right away and the boys went to work with the shads and jigs. Non-stop action all morning with keepers and shorts coming to the boat fast. Called it a day around 1030 with the boys boxing 8 keeper bass to around 17 lbs and filling there bonus tags. The guys released around 120 other bass for the morning with around another 8 keepers going back to fight another day."
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_2142_zps8rsoa1tc.jpg  

Spot on. and a real man would not be taking those little baby bonus fish and promoting it heavily every chance he gets.
    Captain Derek, the poster child for striped bass conservation 2015 lol.

11-26-2015, 12:59 PM
    Capt Derek Fisher Price 3
    Fisher Price IV Thanksgiving Striper Slam
    "The guys released around 120 other bass for the morning with around another 8 keepers going back to fight another day."
    Makes it sound like they did a good thing.

This guy is the biggest two faced captain of them all.
    Your a meat man, admit it Fisher.
    You are a major source of dead bass.
    White Water Monty 2.00 (WWM)
    Future Long Islander (ASAP)

Let's see, they released 125th and had about 12 - 16 keepers Total.
    That means only one in every ten stripers or so was a keeper and probably barely legal. Seems like it should be the other way around - we had a lot of very small fish and only a few keepers. Boy those captains really know how to spin the truth, don't they? What happened to all the 30 pound fish that everybody was catching last week?

Quote Originally Posted by Mnty View Post
    Makes it sound like they did a good thing.

This guy is the biggest two faced captain of them all.
    Your a meat man, admit it Fisher.
    You are a major source of dead bass.
    Thank you for saying that!
    We probably can't do much about these a holes and liars. I still pledge that if they ever do put a moratorium on us, I will personally call captain Derek and those other a hole captains up there and ask them- hey can you go striped bass fishing today? When they say no, I will ask them why and then I will say- "oh that's right you can't go fishing for stripers because you killed them all!!!!" I wish some of you other guys would join me.

Page 21 of 30 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast