Page 28 of 30 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 LastLast

Thread: MEAT MEN of New Jersey

I've done that^^^^^ and they say they are not breaking the law

Pay attention to what history has taught us or be prepared to relive it again

Those guys are pathetic that's all I have to say about that. My .02

Looks like the legendary Johnny Bucktails wants to share the meat.....

"The time has come to share the Johnny Bucktails experience with the world. After years of tournament wins and ceaseless requests from people eager to join me, I am proud to announce the opening of my new charter fishing business: Just Sayin Sportfishing. Learn from one of the best while fishing in style on a 2015 SeaHunter 37 powered by Triple 300 Yamahas. My crew and I will do everything we can to put you on the fish and make your trip memorable.

The six-hour + trips will encompass Raritan Bay and the surrounding waters—my second home and site of my numerous tournament wins. Just Sayin Sportfishing specializes in Striped Bass, Fluke, Shark, Tuna, and Blackfish.

Weekend charter dates are available upon request and will accommodate up to 6 passengers; midweek open boat offerings will be posted on a week-by-week basis come April. The only schedule exclusions are tournament dates as they are already booked.

I will continue to update you as we get closer to launch. Till then: Thank you and tight lines to all! - Johnny Bucktails "
    White Water Monty 2.00 (WWM)
    Future Long Islander (ASAP)

Will they have extra fish boxes for culling all of those catch and release dead stripers?

haha

Hope this is ok to post. Saw the video and was appalled. Never Enuff fishing out of Flushing. They posted a video on Facebook today which shows everything wrong about the attitude towards striped bass fishing. I can't figure out how to post it. You can find it if you go to their fb page and look for the video April 19, 2017. It looks like a 6 pack charter, with full limits laying on the deck., and they are still bringing in bloody stripers in, laughing about it. What a wanton waste of fish. Comments are all over FB condemning these guys. Pathetic.

Saw that it's ridiculous. He's getting a lot of heat for it though which is a good thing. He's another johnny bucktails. When there are no stripers left he will be one of the biggest whiners of where did they go.

I was thinking about this and all of the grief that the big party boats are getting. Does anyone think that the 6-pack Charters and the private boaters do more damage than the party boats? Because that's all I'm seeing lately it is all of these small boats out there with the limits. Nothing wrong with that, but there's an awful lot of stripers being eaten in the last two weeks. Before they get a chance to spawn.

That's a legal catch isn't it? I see nothing wrong with it. The Capt's got to make a living. Totally within the regs.

Yeah but even though its legal some of those fish look like big cows. One of the big ones each should be enough to feed your family. The rest is just about ego and chest pounding.

The captain of that boat use to be the captain of one of the canyon runner boats and is out to prove he is a better captain than the canyon runner boats all ego.

^^^^^ So because one guy who used to work for another guy is out to prove he is the biggest swinging D*** at the marina, the maximum amount of stripers has to be killed each time and laid out on the dock as bragging rights? Most awesome, not.

Quote Originally Posted by hookset View Post
    one guy who used to work for another guy is out to prove he is the biggest D***
    Your post needed editing. Fixed it for you.

cant stand this guys toolbag attitude. Had to share his pic. Out of staten island. I count 3 guys and 8 stripers. Ridiculous!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails FB_IMG_1494780758958.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by bababooey View Post
    That's a legal catch isn't it? I see nothing wrong with it. The Capt's got to make a living. Totally within the regs.
    Legal,yes. But necessary, no.
    Regulations are terrible.
    Jersey meat men....greed and senseless killing.

May 9, 2017 the Atlantic States Marine Fisheries Commission debated on whether or not an increase in striped bass harvest of about 10% should be allowed for next year. The motion to take the increase out to public hearings failed 10 votes to 5. Hooray! NJ, DE, MD, VA, and the Potomac River Fisheries Commission – a shill organization that simply provides the Chesapeake Bay states an extra vote – all voted in favor, and all other states voted against. What changed from the first vote was that CT, NY, NC all changed their votes from yes to no, and that did it for us
    White Water Monty 2.00 (WWM)
    Future Long Islander (ASAP)

Quote Originally Posted by williehookem View Post
    cant stand this guys toolbag attitude. Had to share his pic. Out of staten island. I count 3 guys and 8 stripers. Ridiculous!
    If that's true then they are poachers. What a DB move that is.

No NY is 1 fish per person if that's a Statin Island boat

I think it's unfair that us guys fishing the shore have to follow the regulations, and Sausage Smugglers like this guy from Staten Island think it's funny to post pics of bass over the limit as if they are bragging about it.
    Me and my crew have been checked three times in the past month by NJ conservation officers all in different places. There was a rash of poaching going on in the Newark and Hudson Bay area's. We made some calls, end the COs came down to check people because it was just getting out of hand. We don't mind being checked because we always abide by the regs. And then you have this peckerwood from SI who thinks it's a joke.

Maybe someone could take a dump on his boat at night.

Was at a meeting recently and was told Feds are monitoring social media for this kind of stuff because Commercial guys and recreational C/R are complaining about the amount of bass being killed needlessly

Page 28 of 30 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 LastLast