Thread: The Surfwalker Challenge.....Do you Follow the Herd, or Lead your Own Way????

Hybrid View

Default Re: The Surfwalker Challenge.....Do you Follow the Herd, or Lead your Own Way????

My main goal here, is to get the newer anglers out there...to see that there are a great number of out-of favor plugs that will produce, given conditions for that plug.....

And I want to encourage the new guy out there...to try to think outside of the box.
    By doing this, you will eventually become a better angler....
    And you may want to thank me for it....

Don't thank me, thank Surfwalker....
    For being old-school enough to still believe in the less popular plugs, and still catching large fish on them....

Default Re: The Surfwalker Challenge.....Do you Follow the Herd, or Lead your Own Way????

I like it I'm in! Will fish a bomber or redfin next time I'm out and see what comes after it. Not a problem as I am a big fan of bombers anyway, If you lose them no big deal.

Quote Originally Posted by albiealert View Post
    I like it I'm in! Will fish a bomber or redfin next time I'm out and see what comes after it. Not a problem as I am a big fan of bombers anyway, If you lose them no big deal.
    I'm anti Bomber.....wasn't the bomber the SP before the SP (the go to)?
    I'm big on the Mambo and loaded Red Fin (small one).
    White Water Monty 2.00 (WWM)
    Future Long Islander (ASAP)

^Fish whatever floats your boat, Monty.....
    As long as it ain't a DSP, DSM, or any of the others I mentioned....

BTW, managed a #15 bass last night on the $5 plug I mentioned above, dropped another. Might have done better if I used the Daiwa, but I am trying my best to stay in the spirit of this thread.....of course my results don't count.
    I'll still throw the Daiwa when I can't find fish, as it is a very effective fish locator.....

But as Surfwalker and some of you here have talked about time and time again....
    Part of the thrill, is finding some obscure plug, that will still catch....making it tougher on yourself........

If all we wanted to do was produce results and pound our chests...a bunker head would win with bigger fish, hands down....

For me, I would rather get it done with artificials..although that can be frustrating when others are bailing fish, and you're not....and am trying to build the confidence in some of our newer members out there....

So I hope this thread will lead to that, confidence building and raising awareness, that
    1. the world is not flat, and
    2. You can still catch fish if you are not fishing the Daiwa, or Vision Eel.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkSkies View Post
    For me, I would rather get it done with artificials..although that can be frustrating when others are bailing fish, and you're not....and am trying to build the confidence in some of our newer members out there....

So I hope this thread will lead to that, confidence building and raising awareness, that
    1. the world is not flat, and
    2. You can still catch fish if you are not fishing the Daiwa, or Vision Eel.

thanks for that great idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Monty View Post
    I'm anti Bomber.....wasn't the bomber the SP before the SP (the go to)?
    I'm big on the Mambo and loaded Red Fin (small one).
    I'm in too Monty. I will try with bombers you can use the manbos and redfins. I will still be looking for dead things to take pics of when out there plugging. Hope you will be doing the same.

Quote Originally Posted by storminsteve View Post
    I'm in too Monty. I will try with bombers you can use the manbos and redfins. I will still be looking for dead things to take pics of when out there plugging. Hope you will be doing the same.
    Definitely looking for dead stuff, its become a habit to check out objects to see if they are dead, ya never know what is out there.
    The ~20 dead bass last week was a bummer.....
    White Water Monty 2.00 (WWM)
    Future Long Islander (ASAP)

Quote Originally Posted by Monty View Post
    Definitely looking for dead stuff, its become a habit to check out objects to see if they are dead, ya never know what is out there.
    The ~20 dead bass last week was a bummer.....
    How time flies! Its a sad day when bombers and redfins are no longer the NJ staples or go to plugs.

Theres always two bombers in my bag and its one of these colors: chicken scratch for day and night and yellow over white sometimes gets replaced on dark nights with black.

Can't leave the car without a smokey joe Redfin in both 5" and 7".

15 years back bomber was the go to lure. Now fellas want something with fancy bells and whistles. The power of marketing and advertising.Go figure.