Thread: The Surfwalker Challenge.....Do you Follow the Herd, or Lead your Own Way????

Hybrid View

Default Re: The Surfwalker Challenge.....Do you Follow the Herd, or Lead your Own Way????

very innovative thread and thanks for the tutorial ds.

Default Re: The Surfwalker Challenge.....Do you Follow the Herd, or Lead your Own Way????

West Wind Ralph........Yeah I think your psychedelic past has definitely caused some permanent damage!

^Rob, my teen and young adult years were times when kids did a lot of experimenting with psychedelics.....I think 3 kids from our high school class died from drug or alcohol use and related accidents.....Joe did a lot of that stuff too...you should ask him to tell you some of the stories next time you're out fishin together... ....but that was an earlier chapter of my life...

http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/...ou-Know-Bill-W
    30 years clean and sober since then.....

Glad ya like the West Wind Wally and Ralph...btw I will be phasing West Wind Ralph out, back to West Wind Wally....will be shooting some new WWW videos this summer when I get a chance.....

Basshunter, you're welcome. ....
    Remember that this thread arose from a conversation with Surfwalker about how guys have blinders on that a particular plug, like the SP for example, is the only way to catch fish....

Statistically, only about 25-30% of my yearly bass catches, come from the SP...
    Over the past 4 weeks, the one plug that has been the least effective for me, has been the SP.
    If that was the only plug that I would consider using I would have missed out on a lot of fish....
    Food for thought......

I am in the process of tying some flies for the fall. I am working on some ways to be able to cast the flies and work them without a plug or swimmer or without getting a flyrod. It may not be possible but I am going to take the summer to work on it.

I am fishing a 2 flies rig my spinning gear. I have a small piece of leader (about 12") with a inline sinker. There are 2 swivels on each end. Then I connect that leader to my main line and then to my rig via powerclips (or snaps) then I tie a leader with a dropper loop (which leaves me with 2 tag ends. THe dropper loop gets attached to the power clip and I tie 2 flies to the tag ends. So far no tangles whatsoever and I can cast a mile. The weight allows me to feel the bottom nicely (which means my flies are just above the bottom) I pre-rigged a few "sinker leader" with different weights and can switch them out easily via the powerclips. A keel weight like Kayak willy's would be more efficient, but what can I say I am cheap!Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fly leader.JPG 
Views:	1 
Size:	25.2 KB 
ID:	17233