Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The Surfwalker Challenge.....Do you Follow the Herd, or Lead your Own Way????

I was fishing this morning with a nasty old redfin, central south shore. Around 7am the birds and bait went crazy and I got 6 tailor blues. Small but fun. The old plugs are great because you don't care if you lose them.

Quote Originally Posted by vpass View Post
    Has anyone ever painted there tins black and used them at night. I have a bunch of bluefish destroyed tins that lost their luster and thinking of painting them black. What do you guys think?

I always wanted to try that and see if they produce better. I am going to make a note to do it for the next new moon.
    This morning I fished a small ava oo7 in the dark and caught some cocktail blues. Would love to think that with all the small bait around there are a few bass that would take it. Keeping the hope alive.

Quote Originally Posted by surfwalker View Post
    What I'm getting at is- Do you fix up your old plugs or just throw them into a box, or do you fill in the hook holes and repair them, repaint them, have faith in them. Your old dull metals- Do you cover them with reflective tape or anything? Your new plastics are they sprayed with some clear before the first use? Am I just cheap or a hate to let go person?

If they can handle the strain of bigger fish I keep and repaint them, I like to paint plugs black and yellow or a combination of the two. White is cool too but it doesn't need to be a picasso to catch fish. Def want to upgrade with bigger hooks. I tried reflective tape once on the diamond jigs. the bite was on and we were catching bass and blues so I am not sure if it made a difference.

Slow pick of bass last night before dark. 3 to 22" on small black bomber right before it shut off.

Nice to see the older plugs get recognition. Too many lean on the SP. Loaded refin is far superior when the action is slow.

Got some bluefish on those bait tails in the past few weeks, they were picky....
    I'll try to search for some pics I took and post them when I get a chance....

Finally made it out front first time this year 3:30 pm to 6:30 pm had 6 short bass and 1 fat 29"bass all still swimming all on Mucho minnow my friend jerry had 9 on Mambo minnow they wouldn't touch the SP or anything else but slammed small minnows. water was 47 screaming current running south to north for some unknown reason.

One other note there was skim ice on the beaver dam creek this morning for the first time

Pay attention to what history has taught us or be prepared to relive it again

Quote Originally Posted by finchaser View Post
    they wouldn't touch the SP or anything else but slammed small minnows. water was 47 screaming current running south to north for some unknown reason.

One other note there was skim ice on the beaver dam creek this morning for the first time
    Yep its getting cold out. Fished OC from 4-6am and picked up 4 short bass. Tried the black SP as well. The only thing that worked for me was a redfin. Fish were in tight and hit hard. By 6 it was over. I took a reading this morning of 46 degrees finchaser. Good to see some out there taking their own temerature readings. This could be the last push of fish before thanksgiving and the death rats with them. Damn was it cold out. No one else fishing the beach I was on.

Nice going gents. finchaser I read where you said you haven't fished the beaches yet this year. Glad to see you caught fish on your first time out. Thanks for the advice on the mucho minnows. Guess they would work with all the small bait around.

Was forced to the beach back waters have dropped ^^^ sure would work at 4 1/2 inches and 7/8 ounce they cast great plus they swim in real skinny water. They are a knock off of the old mega bait JB 110

They look tasty I'll have to pick some up. Thanks for sharing and congrats on the catching.

sure would work at 4 1/2 inches and 7/8 ounce they cast great plus they swim in real skinny water.

Thank you sir for the recommendation fin chaser. kudos on catching some when there don't seem to be many fish in the surf. The beaches in Atlantic and Cape may counties are very shallow and terrible at low tide. Anything good in skinny water would be an advantage to the terrible luck I have been having lately. Will try them out.

I fished late yesterday afternoon released 3 shorts on the new bomber long shot, casts and swims great. I'll put up pictures of this new plug later

Default The Surfwalker Challenge.....Do you Follow the Herd, or Lead your Own Way????

Fished the new 5 inch version it comes in 3 sizes

I fished and caught on the 5 inch for the second time the plug casts well and swims good in skinny water.

Comes with all HD hooks and rings comes in 9 NE colors
    Length Weight Hooks Crank Trolling Qty
    5 in 3/4 oz #2 2 - 3' 3 - 5' 1
    6 in 1 3/16 oz 2/0 2 - 4' 4 - 8' 1
    7 in 1 3/4 oz 4/0 2 - 4' 4 - 8' 1

I agree that the 5" long shot bomber casts and tracks well. I also bought the 6" plug to compare both. I tried both plugs on a day that the wind was east about 10 knots. The 6" plug wavered on every cast, while the 5" plug casted like a bullet every cast and actually went a little longer. Tried both plugs on a calm day and the 6" plug went a little longer but hit bottom when it got close.The 5" plug didn't hit bottom. The finish and colors on these plugs look pretty nice.

Bombers were always better in quieter water now they just cast better the SP is better in heavier water IMO.
    Cranky Old Bassturd.

Bump for VS dreams.....when the most popular plugs aren't working....try something different and experiment with some plugs out of rotation.....you may be surprised at the results.....

Was forced to the beach back waters have dropped ^^^ sure would work at 4 1/2 inches and 7/8 ounce they cast great plus they swim in real skinny water. They are a knock off of the old mega bait JB 110
    I love these things....

Mucho Minnow

This girl took old gear and caught some fish. Darcizzle

Nice!!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123