Thread: NJ Fishing Reports for May 2013....www.StripersAndAnglers.com

Hybrid View

Default Re: NJ Fishing Reports for May 2013....www.StripersAndAnglers.com

What got me even more was they were all clique-ey and it was bluefish! All outfitted with the latest gear like they were going toi go skishing at montauk lol. I mean we are talking bluefish here for pete's sake! Since when do you need a surfcasters uniform to go catch some blues?

Default Re: NJ Fishing Reports for May 2013....www.StripersAndAnglers.com

Quote Originally Posted by cowherder View Post
    What got me even more was they were all clique-ey and it was bluefish! All outfitted with the latest gear like they were going toi go skishing at montauk lol. I mean we are talking bluefish here for pete's sake! Since when do you need a surfcasters uniform to go catch some blues?
    All the cool kids have the best gear for fishing dude. Get with the program.
    I have to laugh when I see guys fishing the first 2 weeks of the season in raritan bay with the finest gear money can buy. As you said a VS has to be part of that. Throwing clams with a VS to catch small rats and the occasional 20. Nothing wrong with buying good gear but some of these new guys would dress that way even if they were fishing for snapper blues. Nowadays beating your chest about what you caught, seems to be more important to some folks than actually getting out there fishing and having a good time. The idea of fishing is so polarized to some that there are guy who won't cast a line if there are only bluefish around. Or guys on boats whos reports state that "yeah we couldn't get away from those pesky bluefish". What happened to the spirit of fishing? Sad.

I fished the bay last night, plugs and bucktails. Caught a few blues to 8#, some good action. That was all she wrote. Would like for this E wind to die down before the fish leave our area.