Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: NJ Fishing Reports for May 2013....www.StripersAndAnglers.com

Default Re: NJ Fishing Reports for May 2013....www.StripersAndAnglers.com

Great news guys thank you for the info.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkSkies View Post
    I rarely fish for fluke as I have no interest in catching them unless they are over 25"...but I kept this one and will be eating for dinner tomorrow....

Doesn't make sense to me ds.
    You only want to target fluke over 25" do you know how rare that is except for the first 2 weeks of the season and the end?
    What's wrong with a 20" fluke, that makes a great sandwich or a meal for 2. I am happy with every fluke I get over legal size of 17 1/2 inches. What is it the fight that you are looking for and a smaller one doesn't fight that much? You should try tuna some time they are known to fight just a bit more than a bass does.
    You surf guys have issues.

Bababooey, I know a few guys catching fluke almost that size now, on a regular basis....they just happen to pay attention to the fluke habits and where they like to sit....and the channels which produce some of the biggest ones.....

As for me,,,,,it's just the way I feel...the fight is more important than the species.....I've caught thousands of small fish in my life, both freshwater and salt, and after awhile you look to move on to different things.

I appreciate what you said about tuna.....
    If I were rich, and money was no object, I would have the best tuna boat out there. I would live within 5 minutes of the marina I kept my boat at so I could be on the water in a moment's notice....
    I would obsessively pursue tuna, all along the coast, like Kil Song does.....and go to all corners of the world to find them, trying to see which artificials I could get them to take and test all known tackle to extremes......
    But alas, I'm not rich,,,,tuna is at best a once or twice thing a year for me.....
    And I'll have to just dream about the fishing I could do, if only I had the $$....

In the meantime, if I chase after fish from land, I want to chase after the ones that will make me feel beat up after I catch double digits or more,,,,,and fluke just don't do that for me.....
    Nothing wrong with catching them, though...
    I have a friend who is limiting out almost every day...nice fat fluke.......to each his own.....

Point taken dark. If I were as rich as Bill Gates tuna is all I would fish for as well. In the meantime, feel free to pm me the location where your friends are catching all those bigger fluke. I have some widows and orphans I will be taking fishing on my next trip.

Don't forget feeding the poor that's an important part of any trip especially if you are hunting for bass.

^ Bababooey you should know better than that.... the best fluke fishermen out there.....are tighter lipped than the hit men for the family.....
    Those secrets are in the vault....out of respect for the years they put into it.....I think the striped bass secrets should be the same way....have to earn your bass not get it spoon fed to ya...but apparently some out there don't agree....

You should hear all the requests Fin gets for "finding fish for the kids" every time he's out on the boat.....
    didn't think anyone else used that widows and orphans phrase but him.....

I see it's all the rage now when guys can't find fish....kind of like the blind guy I used to see begging in the WTC when I worked in the city...and at the end of the day he got up and walked away, without using his cane.....

Good luck to ya this season, Capt.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011