Thread: NJ Fishing Reports for May 2013....www.StripersAndAnglers.com

Hybrid View

Default NJ Fishing Reports for May 2013....www.StripersAndAnglers.com

NJ fishing reports for May 2013. ..www.StripersandAnglers.com

NJ fishing reports for May 2013...www.stripersandanglers.com

**Important when registering on our site -- use an active email address so you can activate your account to be able to post.

Please post fishing reports here.......as little or as much detail as you want to give.

Please note: NO SPOT BURNING. Posts burning spots will be Edited or DELETED.
    Some veteran fishermen have put in years developing and learning about certain spots.Some of these spots can only handle a few guys at a time. We are losing enough access as it is, due to the unfortunate behavior of a few selfish people. No sense in making it worse.

**For some areas, it would be wiser to say:
    Out Front (Ocean) OR -- Out Back (Bay) -- if you feel too many people will figure out what you are talking about. "Spot burning" also could involve mentioning something specific only to that area. Remember that thousands of people could potentially read these posts. You don't want to be fishing next to ALL of them at the same time.

IF you are fishing an area that is NOT residential, being vague is less critical. For example, it's acceptable to say (Any)Park, or (Any)Bay, or mention a specific state park that has loads of parking and can handle the crowds.

1. If you are unclear on this concept, ask yourself:
    If I name this place on the internet, will it be too crowded for me to enjoy tomorrow when people hear I got 30 fish there today?

2. If the answer is "Yes", then you should probably not be so specific.
    More discussion on this:
    http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/...ead.php?t=3763

If you have any additional details you would like to share - weather conditions, tide (incoming, outgoing, ebb, flood) water temps, bait present, or other mention of techniques or plugs used - feel free.

Some acronyms -

SH - Sandy Hook
    NoMoCo - Northern Monmouth County (below the hook to Shark River Inlet SRI)
    SoMoCo - Southern Monmouth County (below SRI to Manasquan Inlet)

OC - Ocean County
    IBSP - Island Beach State Park
    LBI - Long Beach Island

AC - Atlantic County
    CISP - Corson's Inlet State Park
    CMC - Cape May County
    GEI - Great Egg Inlet
    TI - Townsend's Inlet

RB - Raritan Bay
    BB - Barnegat Bay
    CB - Chesapeake Bay
    DB - Delaware Bay

Default Re: NJ Fishing Reports for May 2013....www.StripersAndAnglers.com

Baitstealer,
    you won the plug in the April 2013 random drawing!
    PM me your address so I can send it out to ya!

We post these reports so our community will have a sense of what is working, what is not. We want to show people how to catch fish, rather than where.

If you struck out or got skunked, it would be helpful to hear that as well. Anyone who posts a report can win a plug even if they got skunked!

This month we're giving out plugs from Ace Baits, or something similar.
    http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/...splay.php?f=83

Thanks for posting and helping to make this a great site!

fished last nite to 1am 3 small runts and some small bluefish on snot.

Worked a few places on the incoming tide yesterday. 2 bass to 12# bucktail.

1 bass and 1 blue this AM both still swimming

Pay attention to what history has taught us or be prepared to relive it again

Fished a few hours on icoming tide in the RB. Nothing going on . Every where I went was empty ...you could tell everyone went to SH

Practice is exactly what I need. Tonight I went out. was fishing with clams and bunker. I rigged one of my rods with a bucktail but I wasn't quite set up. I should have used my 9 foot rod but it was rigged with bait and in the water, so I used my 11' rod but ...well just not right. I did manage one 34 -1/2" striper though. Released to fight another day.Attachment 17043Attachment 17044
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20130522_183943.jpg   20130522_183935.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by robmedina View Post
    Practice is exactly what I need. Tonight I went out. was fishing with clams and bunker. I rigged one of my rods with a bucktail but I wasn't quite set up. I should have used my 9 foot rod but it was rigged with bait and in the water, so I used my 11' rod but ...well just not right. I did manage one 34 -1/2" striper though. Released to fight another day.Attachment 17043Attachment 17044

Very nice report good looking striper!

Quote Originally Posted by SharkHart View Post
    Oh man Im back in the office where my emails exceeded 200 but something from the one day's blitz conditions keeps replaying in my head over and over, thinking about that plug drifting to the near 45 degree postion, all but stop the reeling, twitch twitch TWAP Something about knowing your going to get slammed. The other great part was the hook set, teen fish immediaty ran The mid 20s held their ground in the current for a good 5 secs on the set, if I didn't feel them bash it you'd think it was a snag, so dialed in knowing it was a good fish. This was the bite I had been waiting for a long time, my best ever, and somehow I pulled it off before the crowds arrived eventually. Like my buddy said a few days earlier on his best day, you just sit there laughing. When I pulled a 30" weakie out of the bass I literally was luaghing out loud. I had two rip the hooks off the SP minnows which also was very amusing at the time but not so funny later. Although I changed out those hooks I kept the split rings, I'd advise changing them now of course. Im sure everyone else hears it, mostly from girls why why why do you have to go out again, for me it was all about knowing the plug was presenting right twitch twitch SLAM, that will keep me burning gas and sleepless moving forward.

I have never had a night like that sounds awesome! What were you using if you don't mind my asking was it the lures only or did anything else work like bucktails or shads? Thanks for the report you gave me hope!
    I fished lbi from 6-7:15 this morning I was using bunker chunks. It was very windy I got one skate but gave up because it wa s crazy wind out there.

Awesome report sharkhart truely jealous. It looks like your hand was run over by a truck.

Really great news wll be out there this weekend fighting the crowds and hope to get some fish. Good luck to everyone.