Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: NJ Fishing Reports for May 2013....www.StripersAndAnglers.com

Default Re: NJ Fishing Reports for May 2013....www.StripersAndAnglers.com

^^ Hah bucket you may as well ask them if anyone remembers laughter.

Those tales of bass and blues in daytime blitzes without bunker might as well be fairy tales. No one remembers those, old man.

Nice going fellas.

Did a lot of fishing and no catching today ...fished Rb . Did a lot of walking as well ....saw some cocktail blues caught on bait ...that's it

Got to love Power pro .snagged about 100yards out with a ava ....found a stick to rap the line around and pulled (hard)and it can lose. got the ava back in and the hook was straighten a bit. Got it back

Quote Originally Posted by buckethead View Post
    They used to, and not too many years ago at that. Spring blitzes of bass and blues, no bunker needed. Miles of fish along the nj coast. Miss one group and you could just drive to another. We used to find them by driving up and down the beaches. No cell phones. does anyone remember that? Nice catching, gang.
    So true will never see those days again

Pay attention to what history has taught us or be prepared to relive it again

Quote Originally Posted by finchaser View Post
    You wonder what it is about folks that they can't see the hurricane comeing before it hits them.
    I took a quick trip to the hook. One short bass on a shad, felt good to be there again!

Got up early this morning to fish the tide I wanted pre-dawn. Unfortunately it did not produce bass or anything else for me.
    Smelling like a hobo, I went and mugged Finchaser and his pals who were nailing bluefish cast after cast on the beach. By the time I got there bite slowed to slow pick....(maybe I shut it down... )
    Still managed to find 10 to 6#.

They were sluggish in the cold surf, slow and low got them, metal, bucktails, etc.
    The building NE wind eventually made it unfishable for all of us. They decided to leave as soon as the wind got gusty, smart choice,,,,
    I left a little after after I made it to #10.....

Tell me again, how the NE pattern makes for epic catching for NJ fishermen in the surf?

Quote Originally Posted by buckethead View Post
    They used to, and not too many years ago at that. Spring blitzes of bass and blues, no bunker needed. Miles of fish along the nj coast. Miss one group and you could just drive to another. We used to find them by driving up and down the beaches. No cell phones. does anyone remember that? Nice catching, gang.
    Quote Originally Posted by jigfreak View Post
    ^^ Hah bucket you may as well ask them if anyone remembers laughter.

Those tales of bass and blues in daytime blitzes without bunker might as well be fairy tales. No one remembers those, old man.
    Quote Originally Posted by cowherder View Post
    You wonder what it is about folks that they can't see the hurricane comeing before it hits them.
    Quote Originally Posted by finchaser View Post

Just a few years ago we had days like that, catching bass and blues in long lasting spring-time blitzes....
    The OFFC is out fishing today and reminded me of that today, how things are so different than they were, just 8 short years ago.....

4 bass to 29" last night buck and pork, released. Gents you are right I fear the good days are behind us forever. Jigfreak who are you calling old look in the mirror you aren't so far behind.

This AM between 5:30 and 7:30 had some where around 30 bluefish from 3 to 7 pounds. Bucktailed until it was light enough to throw metal all still alive and well. A very fast bite died when Dark Cloud (DS) tracked me down and arrived on the scene.

I fished sandy hook this morning on the outgoing tide and got a 32inch striper using clams. I let a bigger one go last week so I kept this one. It was very fat. I cleaned it and saw the strangest stuff in its stomach maybe you guys can help me identify it? I will post in the stomach contents thread. Thanks for all the pointers and reports you guys have posted it really has made my fishing learning worthwhile!

Dark thanks for that great plug you sent me. I hope to use it to catch a cow!

I hope some bass find these before my mom does. If she finds them first they are getting skinned and fried.

Going to sleep for about an hour and then heading down.

I have a hard time embedding images from the iPad.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/94721242@N02/8706575096/

^ JB, ya might want to fish some rockpiles with them when the swell dies down a bit. Better hurry before the bluefish start to get thicker, though.
    Your mother must be in a class by herself not to give you grief about live eels in the refrig. I tried to hide some dead rigged ones in Pebbles' refrig once....although she is very cool as well. ..I did get some grief about it when she found them......

Fishing 5-3-13 PM
    Wanted to hit the ocean again after the morning action.
    I got there and the swell was too big with a short duration.
    Bad conditions, makes presentation ineffective for more than a short time..... even with bucktails.

Gave it a shot for a while in the dark. IMO when the swell drops surf fishing with artificials will be better.
    There are a couple other places where you can hide from the swell but I didn't feel like making the hike.

Tried 2 places in the bay, too many crowds for my liking on a Fri night....called it quits on one of my shortest trips recently, 2 1/2 hours. Not a touch for me working all levels of the water column.

Hey ds it's fishing not catching, right?
    We couldn't find any bass last night, blues to 8# on bunker and clams. I hate the way the tides are set up this week.

Quote Originally Posted by J Barbosa View Post
    I hope some bass find these before my mom does. If she finds them first they are getting skinned and fried.

Going to sleep for about an hour and then heading down.

I have a hard time embedding images from the iPad.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/94721242@N02/8706575096/
    Awesome Mom award.

Quote Originally Posted by chas527 View Post
    fished the hook this morning' . 1 small bass an 2 skates but it felt good to fish there again.
    I am heading to the hook either sunday or starting to hit it regularly after that. Thanks for the report chas!

Fished the db this morning with clams. Outgoing tide. Nothing but a dog. Hope the bass didn't pass us by.

I started fishing last night around 2am with my brother and a friend that lately seems to bring bad fishing with him and the ability to shut down even the hottest bite.

Since I had plenty of eels we had no problems finding the bunker right away and plenty of it...its funny how that works sometimes.

A few minutes into fishing my brother lands a 12lb bass on a head. I wanted to keep one fish to eat tonight and this one would be perfect but we decided to release this one thinking the fishing was going to be red hot until morning like the past two trips. It turns out that was the only bass we saw on one of our lines.

I got two eels bitten off by blues and then just switched to chunks. We did have some action with small blues throughout the night.

We called it quits around 6am and left some small blues biting. The plan was for my brother and I to meet my dad and a family friend up at the hook for some bait soaking. I got there and my dad didn't bring any of my big surf sticks so we were underguned for the strong swell. We did manage to catch a blue and one small bass.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image.jpg  

Oh snap that bass looks like a bunker John!
    At least you had some action last night. Congrats on the c&r. I was at in nomoco early today and the swell was bad. Kept moving to the n till the water got a little calmer. Little flurry of activity picked up a 27" bass on bucktail and then the blues started. Got a few of those as well. Saw bunker early with nothing on them.

Fished island beach for the incoming tide. Big swell needed 8 oz to hold. One bass a hair short of legal, clams.

19 bluefish to 7 pounds all on metal all released

Today 5 to 9AM 3 bass to 31 inches and 12 bluefish 3 to 8 pounds bass on plugs blues on metal all released

Wow finchaser you are on a roll! Congrats!
    Fished sandy hook bay this morning got 9 blues to 10lbs on bunker chunks. I had to leave or probably would still be catching them after the tide turned. Lots o fun mean and nasty!

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast