Thread: Following the Night Tides......Do You have What it Takes?

Hybrid View

Default Re: Following the Night Tides......Do You have What it Takes?

All good advice ds but as dogfish said to expect guys to put that level of time in is unreasonable. I already do that have been concentrating on fishing the moon tides hard for years. For the average joe fishermen most guys were raised in a generation that changes the TV channel every 5 seconds. To expect someone to spend 8 nights a month dedicated to fishing like we do is unrealistic. They won't do it. The average guy wants to go out on a Sunday, in bright sunlight, and bring home a cooler of fish. Not very likely from the surf. The night time or fishing dawn and dusk is the only time you will see those types and numbers. I do repect you for trying to help people tho.

Quote Originally Posted by jigfreak View Post
    All good advice ds but as dogfish said to expect guys to put that level of time in is unreasonable. I already do that have been concentrating on fishing the moon tides hard for years. For the average joe fishermen most guys were raised in a generation that changes the TV channel every 5 seconds. To expect someone to spend 8 nights a month dedicated to fishing like we do is unrealistic. They won't do it.
    That may be true jigfreak but this advice is all new to me. I am not as advanced as you guys are and apprecciate learning it. Thanks ds.

Quote Originally Posted by jigfreak View Post
    All good advice ds but as dogfish said to expect guys to put that level of time in is unreasonable. I already do that have been concentrating on fishing the moon tides hard for years. For the average joe fishermen most guys were raised in a generation that changes the TV channel every 5 seconds. To expect someone to spend 8 nights a month dedicated to fishing like we do is unrealistic. They won't do it. The average guy wants to go out on a Sunday, in bright sunlight, and bring home a cooler of fish. Not very likely from the surf. The night time or fishing dawn and dusk is the only time you will see those types and numbers. I do repect you for trying to help people tho.
    Quote Originally Posted by porgy75 View Post
    That may be true jigfreak but this advice is all new to me. I am not as advanced as you guys are and apprecciate learning it. Thanks ds.

Jigfreak I appreciate your thoughts and agree.....
    Some friends blasted me privately and said I am giving too much away here....my point is that to learn these things....you have to want to learn it...as you and others did...for example tonight is the new moon.....and with the heat, and lack of reported fish from the surf, there will be very few people out fishing tonight, as well as tomorrow night, or last night.....

It seems the more and more I do this, I see that people don't want to make an effort to find fish unless they read on the internet that someone caught one.....and there are those, who hate the internet, and will never report a fish for that reason.....I understand all these perspectives...and agree that it seems the hotter the temps get, the less people that will make the effort.....

Porgy, thanks for your feedback as well.