Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Techniques: Bucktail

Thanks, Monty.

BT with PR is #1 on my list this year. Other than for flundies, I've never given BT's a fair shake.

Quote Originally Posted by jigfreak View Post
    ^^^^^The thing about bucktails and fish is that YOU are the fish catcher not what you are throwing. To me it depends on how you work it. Hope that helps, good luck.
    After watching Skinner's video I realized I've been fishing them wrong. I've tried to bounce them off the bottom with short jerks of the rod tip while I retrieved. Have some adjustments to make. Thanks for the reply.

Well have fished the Bucktail more each year, started this thread in June of 2013 and have caught more fish on them each year.
    I am better at catching in stronger current (2 and 3 oz bucktails), just a few bass in the open surf (less than 2 oz and inlet slack, but working on it).
    This fall picked up my PB Bass on a 3 oz Bucktail and Fat Cow Jig Strip. Was awesome fun, great to see swim away.
    No way I would have caught that bass without fishing that 3 oz bucktail, it was deep and in strong current.
    I will never underestimate the usefulness of the bucktail, at times (conditions) likely the only artificial that will catch.

White Water Monty 2.00 (WWM)
    Future Long Islander (ASAP)

Quote Originally Posted by Monty View Post
    Well have fished the Bucktail more each year, started this thread in June of 2013 and have caught more fish on them each year.
    I am better at catching in stronger current (2 and 3 oz bucktails), just a few bass in the open surf (less than 2 oz and inlet slack, but working on it).
    This fall picked up my PB Bass on a 3 oz Bucktail and Fat Cow Jig Strip. Was awesome fun, great to see swim away.
    No way I would have caught that bass without fishing that 3 oz bucktail, it was deep and in strong current.
    I will never underestimate the usefulness of the bucktail, at times (conditions) likely the only artificial that will catch.

when the fish are laying low,the BT is the only way to go,,,keep it low & slow.
    Takes a Big Man to sling Big Wood,,,,boys sling plastic,,,,,,,

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123