Thread: G Loomis IMX Series surf rod review: IMX 1204-25 SUR

Default G Loomis IMX Series surf rod review: IMX 1204-25 SUR

This will be a review for the Loomis IMX 1204-25 SUR surf rod.

I recently got to use this when someone lent it to me....hoping eventually they will let me figure out a way to buy it as I don't want to give it back.

Default Re: G Loomis IMX Series surf rod review: IMX 1204-25 SUR

Specs.....

10' Medium

1/2 - 3 oz rated

12-25# line......

Gonna try to do something different in this review....try for some comparison with the mojosurf 10'6" rod.......

I have the mojosurf, and was happy with it....it really increases your casting distance, and IMO is a great rod if you're casting strictly from the beach.

However, no disrespect to the Mojo, but I do a lot of fishing on rocks, and had the perception that if I took one spill on them, that rod would be firewood....

I had been using a Tica Surf (MH 8") for most of my jetty trips....I love that rod and feel for the money they charge, there aren't too many rods out there that are a better value ($90) for a strict jetty or fishing river current rod...have been able to safely play and land fish over 20#, and very happy with the action and castability.......

Sometimes you need a little extra distance....and I feel the Loomis 10' fits these requirements well.
    Since it is a lot sturdier than some of the other rods I have tried,,,,I want to keep it in my rotation,,,and highly recommend it.....

It can comfortably handle fish well above the 20# class, has a stronger tip than the Mojo, and can handle gator blue after gator blue with no signs of strain.....

The rod with the specs shown......
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMGP3886.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	82.4 KB 
ID:	17198

If anyone has anything to add to this review, postitive or negative...feel free....

Made by Shimano they own the Loomis name now. Gary Loomis's rods are now (TFO) Temple fork Outfitters.

Pay attention to what history has taught us or be prepared to relive it again