Thread: Sufix 832 Braid

Hybrid View

Default Sufix 832 Braid

I switched to Sufix 832 Lo-Vis Green late last year.
    First I used the 30 lb which is what I have used on all the manufactures in the past, then went to the 20 lb around 5 weeks ago.
    Have had a few wind knots or loops, but the majority of them I have been able to pull out. Really like it, casts great, strong.
    When I change leaders I do cut off 1-2 feet of the braid. Never did this with the 30 lb lines, must do with the 20 lb.

This site reviews lines: Paulus Just Fishing (great place for info on lines)
    http://www.paulusjustfishing.com/4linetesting.htm

The 20 lb line tests at 41 lbs, Their review of this braid mentions a lumpyness, I have not noticed that with the 20 lb line. Feels smooth, cast very well, very little resistance in the water.
    White Water Monty 2.00 (WWM)
    Future Long Islander (ASAP)

Default Re: Sufix 832 Braid

I haven't used the new one but Suffix has been my favorite out of all of them.
    Cranky Old Bassturd.

With the 20lb braid how well does that hold up if you are fishing near jetties or inlets? thanks

IMO 30# high Vis Suffix Performance braid

Pay attention to what history has taught us or be prepared to relive it again

Quote Originally Posted by finchaser View Post
    IMO 30# high Vis Suffix Performance braid
    I love the original sufix performance braid in 50lb on the conventionals for bait fishing and it can be had for cheap. Just recently the jungle site had it listed for $20 /300 yards. This stuff is super strong, when I get snagged I have to wrap it around my body a few times and really pull.

This year I switched the 30lb reels to Sufix 832 and like it better than the performance braid.

I have used the 20lb sufix in performance braid and its very thin and strong but also very fragile. I have only used it for fluke fishing and so far no problems. Just like Monty I cut a little bit of line back every time I rig but I do this with all sized braids. I did purchase 20lb Sufix 832 early this spring but haven't put it on any reel yet. I will report back when I have used it for a while.

I am really starting to fall in love with high vis yellow.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sufix 832.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	70.3 KB 
ID:	17222

Dumb question but.... Does it make it harder for wind knots if the line is heavier, ie, 20 lb compared to 30 lb?