View Poll Results: Who has the right to fish comfortably

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • The two guys, there first but were spooning 50 feet from the water for 15 minutes during a "break"

1 10.00%
  • Me (thought they were sleeping or something)

9 90.00%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who has the right of the beach ?

Default Who has the right of the beach ?

Who has the right to fish the area (comfortably)
    So I was fishing an area a few weeks ago. 6 guys spread out, lots of room. There is 1 spot that is more productive than the others. Two guys are in that spot, kinda close. So I'm off to the side a 150 feet and the two guys back off the beach about 50 feet. Looks like they are sitting/laying down together (its dark out), they are not fishing. Ten minutes go by and they are still there. I move into the spot in front of them. fish for 5 minutes, no problem. Then they start fishing again, one guy is 10 feet from me on the side and in a little front of me. I end up moving almost immediately but mention to him he was too close. He said they had been there since 11:00 (its now 3:30 AM) and were only resting for 5 minutes. I just said yup and walked away as him and his buddy kept babbling. I got a bass soon where I moved to, so was happy.

Who had the right to fish there?
    White Water Monty 2.00 (WWM)
    Future Long Islander (ASAP)

Default Re: Who has the right of the beach 1

did they have bait in the water?

You have the right Monty if they need to eff on the beach tell them to get a room.
    Cranky Old Bassturd.

Default Re: Who has the right of the beach ?

Quote Originally Posted by robmedina View Post
    did they have bait in the water?
    No bait in water, no one was fishing bait

Quote Originally Posted by Monty View Post
    Who had the right to fish there?

I don't understand the closeness of these 2, on the beach. For that matter I don't understand guys who surf fish turning it into a group experience....

If you're bait fishing, it makes sense...you bring the cooler out....some cold drinks, sammiches.......maybe the wives or girlfriends tagging along....

But surf fishing in groups?
    I have run into you out there fishing the tides,,,and some other site members...but usually it's like....2 surfcasters who happened to run into each other and are fishing the same area...rather than fish side by side....ran into a few friends over the past few weeks, and most nights we were at least 100' apart.......why crowd together when the beach is so large and you could each work different cuts in hopes that maybe one finds some fish?....just my thoughts...maybe I really am a dinosaur.........

**I go out there for the solitude....maybe the perceptions about surf fishing at night have shifted....
    To me that is part of the way I learned as well.....fishing in the daytime....it's a great time for friends to go out, fishing together,,,,and the socialization is part of that...but the night game in the surf or rocks, is usually a solitary one......where once in a while you run into someone you know...grunt an acknowledgement of each other....and both go on your way...to find your fish.....again..different strokes for different folks...that's what makes this world such a beautiful place.....

2 guys sitting down, laying down next to each other....were they really spooning??

Quote Originally Posted by surfstix1963 View Post
    You have the right Monty if they need to eff on the beach tell them to get a room.
    My thoughts on this were if he really thought I intruded on his space he should have said something instead of fishing 10-15 feet from me and not say anything.
    I rarely fish within 200 feet of anyone, mostly with no one in sight. So this type of confrontation is rare for me. When they were not fishing and "huddled up" away from the surf I thought I mind as well fish the spot. If the guy would have said they were taking a break and that they really were not done fishing the spot I would have just said OK to the guy and moved on without a second thought.

My thoughts are if no one is fishing in that spot, or actively setting up their gear then it is up for grabs.

Mug their spot if they are not fishing just don't bend over to unhook a fish to long lol.....
    Cranky Old Bassturd.

Mug their spot if they are not fishing just don't bend over to unhook a fish to long lol.....

Was this in cape may? There is a beach there Higbee that has dudes like the ones you described. You def don't want to bend over while unhooking a fish or the guys may try to get on your worm lol!

2 guys spooning and sleeping on the beach? NJ and you perfect together? Just what kind of beaches are you fishing at at night monty?

And you guys put up with this why? Refresh my memory - to catch a few fish on the beach at night?
    Other fishermen ogling your worm and trying to slip it in.
    2 guys spooning together and doing God knows what else in the dark.
    2 fishermen cuddling together - I don't know about y'all but I don't go for that stuff.
    Now you can see why it's better fishing in a boat, the alternate lifestylers can't pursue you unless they have a bigger boat!
    What kind of group would teach that its ok for 2 guys to spoon on the beach at night. Were they cuddling for real? Did they have a blanket? Enquiring minds want to know!

Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles View Post
    My thoughts are if no one is fishing in that spot, or actively setting up their gear then it is up for grabs.
    Quote Originally Posted by seamonkey View Post
    Was this in cape may? There is a beach there Higbee that has dudes like the ones you described. You def don't want to bend over while unhooking a fish or the guys may try to get on your worm lol!
    Quote Originally Posted by albiealert View Post
    2 guys spooning and sleeping on the beach? NJ and you perfect together? Just what kind of beaches are you fishing at at night monty?
    Quote Originally Posted by bababooey View Post
    And you guys put up with this why? Refresh my memory - to catch a few fish on the beach at night?
    Other fishermen ogling your worm and trying to slip it in.
    2 guys spooning together and doing God knows what else in the dark.
    2 fishermen cuddling together - I don't know about y'all but I don't go for that stuff.
    Now you can see why it's better fishing in a boat, the alternate lifestylers can't pursue you unless they have a bigger boat!
    What kind of group would teach that its ok for 2 guys to spoon on the beach at night. Were they cuddling for real? Did they have a blanket? Enquiring minds want to know!

All I can say is they were very close to each other.....I really don't care what they were doing, I just want to fish....alone.
    They backed off from their fishing spot, it was dark, they stopped fishing. I thought to myself, wow they are like sleeping or something together, I'll fish the area they were.
    If they thought I took their spot they should have spoken up instead of fishing so close to me.
    I don't get people, frieking in considerate.
    As for boats, saw a guy get spooled by a boat recently. I can't stand boat fisherman in general. I absolutely have zero respect for boat fisherman....side topic..

Quote Originally Posted by albiealert View Post
    albiealert there are quite a few gay friendly beaches in nj. Not that there is anything wrong with that. My guess is that monty was mistakenly (hope so) fishing one of them without knowing where he was. Monty thats easy to figure you were at asbury 8th ave. Spot burner!

Hey monty were they spooning like this? Cracks me up everytime I see it.

Maybe you ran into that meatman guy and his lil buddy scubanuts.

Quote Originally Posted by storminsteve View Post
    Hey monty were they spooning like this? Cracks me up everytime I see it.
    Love this too, classic.

Quote Originally Posted by bababooey View Post
    Love this too, classic.
    Agree a classic, Candy had a bunch of scenes that I would laugh uncontrollably.

Maybe they were looking for a threesome?

Quote Originally Posted by Fishman View Post
    Maybe they were looking for a threesome?
    Your freaking me out man.

If it were two girls it wouldn't be a problem for you, would it?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast