Thread: Added another plastic battleship to the field

Default Added another plastic battleship to the field

2013 Hobie Revo 13' 6"
    Just finished installing the turbo fins on it

Native voyage will probably be Saturday.

Default Re: Added another plastic battleship to the field

Turbo fins? You could launch at montauk and pedal over to block or cape cod.
    Nice ride did you buy it new or used?

nice! I like the Hobies. Native is supposed to come out with a pedal version of the slayer. With the natives the actually have a propeller so you can pedal backwards if necessary. I might check them out when they come out the end of this year. I am selling my current kayak though. I am done paddling!

Quote Originally Posted by robmedina View Post
    nice! I like the Hobies. Native is supposed to come out with a pedal version of the slayer. With the natives the actually have a propeller so you can pedal backwards if necessary. I might check them out when they come out the end of this year. I am selling my current kayak though. I am done paddling!
    Rob,

They are suppose to redesign the pedal system on the Natives. The current system is absolutely trash to say the least. The ability to go in reverse would be great especially for FW bass fisherman but I don't see much use for it in my saltwater applications. Also, the Hobies with a sailing rudder turn so quickly its not even an issue.

I was just fishing out of one two weeks ago, the seat was super comfortable but it took a little getting use to being seated higher up.

This pic was from the 12' Native Slayer:

Best of luck with it

Pay attention to what history has taught us or be prepared to relive it again

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    Turbo fins? You could launch at montauk and pedal over to block or cape cod.
    Nice ride did you buy it new or used?
    New, nicely discounted

Thanks Fin!

Quote Originally Posted by J Barbosa View Post
    They are suppose to redesign the pedal system on the Natives. The current system is absolutely trash to say the least.
    Good to know. I haven't used one- I actually did not like the angle in which you sit and pedal (from what I saw in the videos)looked like it would put too much pressure on the tail bone. My friend co owns the kayak fishing store in wildwood and is a native dealer. I was going to give one a shot (slayer w/ pedals) when he gets them in

Quote Originally Posted by J Barbosa View Post
    I was just fishing out of one two weeks ago, the seat was super comfortable but it took a little getting use to being seated higher up.
    Yeah they stole the idea from Jackson. They do look comfy but agreed- they are high up. I would think it would be too tippy.