Thread: A couples' Bike Ride......

Default A couples' Bike Ride......

Some of ya's won't understand this and will poke fun at me......be my guests....

That's ok I have thick skin.....

Time for some summer fun....
    This refers to some bike rides Pebbles and I have gone on....
    And she's the only one it's intended for, with some laughs and dysfunctional experiences we've had together because I'm compulsively driven, no matter what I do.........

This is why it's a bad idea to take my focus away from fishin, sometimes....I turned a nice Cape May trip into a Day-Long Bike Torture Ride....insisting that we do the entire 37 mile route.....
    And.....turned a nice ride into the woods of Monmouth County, into an endurance ride meant for veteran bike riders.....

I don't know how that woman puts up with me....

Hopefully she'll see this and get some laughs out of it....

Default Re: A couples' Bike Ride......

http://www.grindtv.com/outdoor/excur...untain-biking/

Gender roles are reversed in this new mountain biking video
    This is what happens when your boyfriend isn't hardcore enough
    July 02, 2013 by Heather Hansman

Much has been written about how to take your girlfriend on outdoor adventures, how to be supportive but not condescending, how to deal when she’s frustrated that you ride too fast. But what happens when it’s your boyfriend who can’t keep up?
    Canadian pro mountain biker turned filmmaker Darcy Turrene, who has probably had to babysit plenty of boys on the trail, flips the script, and gives us a day in the life of a mountain biking couple.

He gets crampy. And nervous. And jealous of the other men she meets on the trail. And pissed off when she waits, and then when she doesn’t wait. Sound familiar?

Turrene plays herself, and pretty much nails the stereotype. Fellow British Columbia-based pro rider Geoff Gulevich, who is competing in the Munich X Games right now, does an almost too convincing job as the whiny dude.

I can relate....I am the same way, only my better half refuses to ride bikes with me lol! When I felt like I should start jogging, I ran a marathon in my first year...yeah OCD at it's best!

Quote Originally Posted by robmedina View Post
    I can relate....I am the same way, only my better half refuses to ride bikes with me lol! When I felt like I should start jogging, I ran a marathon in my first year...yeah OCD at it's best!
    same for me too rob, my wife won't fish OR bike ride with me. We have gone crabbing together though. She is ok with it as long as there are no flies then she's out, lol.

I have to say that looks like a true to life video dark. In the age we live in many men are wussies. (not implying that you are ). Men are afraid to be men and some have come to be effiminate in their mannerisms. Women on the other hand are more independent and strong just like that woman bike rider. funny stuff.

If you guys only knew the truth to that video and our couples bike ride. Rich was like a bulldog with devil horns that day!!!!

So the story goes like this...We decided to go on a bike ride in Cape May, my suggestion. I have to admit that it was the biggest mistake of my life. I just wanted to go down, bike around the town and visit some of the little shops. We started out on the bike trail, which we found out was 43 miles (not 37).

Rich had the great idea that we NEEDED TO COMPLETE THE TRAIL. BIG MISTAKE.

First of all he is bigger than me. His legs are 100 times stronger than mine. After the first mile I could not keep up with him. So he started in on me.

"YOU HAVE TO KEEP UP!!! PEDDLE FASTER!!! THERE IS NO REASON WHY YOU CAN'T KEEP UP!! WE HAVE TO GO 15 MILES EVERY HOUR IN ORDER TO FINISH! YOUR NOT PEDDLING RIGHT! YOU NEED TO MAKE LONGER LEG MOVEMENTS. GET OFF THE BIKE LET ME FIX YOUR SEAT SO YOU GET LONGER MOTIONS WITH YOUR LEGS!!!!

I could go on and on But I think you get the idea.
    At one point he stopped and said he was not going to go on unless I keep up with him. The fighting began and did not stop for HOURS. .

There was another point where I could not take it anymore. We were between two highways and there was a triangular area of grass. Rich crossed the street yelling again that I was not keeping up. (This is about 10 miles into the ride) I totally lost it, like the guy on the video. I threw my bike down, and layed spread out on the grass in the middle of the highway!!!!

Rich kept going and did not know I had done that until two girls told him. They asked if I need an ambulance but he told them NO I WAS JUST ACTING LIKE I WAS 5 and he kept on going. After a rest, I crossed the street and found him about a 1/4 mile down the road waiting for me.

He finally realized that it was just too much for me. So we found a shorted trip back. By now, keep in mind, we are no longer in Cape May but in Wildwood. Yes, I said Wildwood, give you an idea how far we traveled. We worked our way back and by the time were were about three miles from the car. My legs just gave out.

It was easier for me to walk that damn bike than to ride it. There was a tall bridge we had to go over so Rich rode on ahead as I walked my bike. When I got to the other side he was no where to be found. I turned and started to go in the wrong direction, when finally I heard him calling me. He had gone into a shop to ask some question.

The perfect end to the day was when we had about a mile to go and he was quite a bit ahead of me. I noticed this car drive slowly past me turn around in front of me, go past me again, then started to drive close behind me. I thought for sure I was going to taken by some weird stranger! I had no energy left in me, and Rich saw what was going on the started to peddle as fast as he could back to me. If I remember correctly the car drove off.

That video he posted was exactly what I looked like.

ABSOLUTELY THE RIDE FROM HELL, THE BOYFRIEND FROM HELL, AND ME BEING FIVE!!!!

Wow dark sounds even worse than his rep. With all due respect why do you put up with Hitler and how long have you two been together? Are you married or engaged?

dark you are a dude she is a girl! I think even the labor laws in this country say you are allowed a break after every 2-3 hours of work. Well that should apply to bike riding too. Do you do the same thing when you walk the beaches at night? Chill dude she sounds like a nice girl. And one who will put up with you.

Also there is this other thread dead things poll that monty posted and I was wondering if you were going to post up an award. You know to kind of give us an incentive to find more dead stuff. Shouldn't the winner get something? thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DarkSkies View Post

Hopefully she'll see this and get some laughs out of it....
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles View Post
    ABSOLUTELY THE RIDE FROM HELL, THE BOYFRIEND FROM HELL, AND ME BEING FIVE!!!!

Whooops.....
    You should have punctured his tires 1/2 way out there.....or broken his ankle.
    White Water Monty 2.00 (WWM)
    Future Long Islander (ASAP)

Quote Originally Posted by Monty View Post

Whooops.....
    You should have punctured his tires 1/2 way out there.....or broken his ankle.
    I couldn't have said it better myself.

LMAO...sorry Pebbles, but your rendition had me cracking up. I am sure it was brutal and not funny at all, but from the outside looking in it is pretty comical getting both your perspectives.

Dark- if you want to do any 40 miles bike excursions, let me know. I got something for ya! Pebbles, you and my Wife can go shopping.

You got a deal! Just make sure when you take him, he gets tortured, revenge is SWEET!

This should be looked at by all couples who are thinking of an outdoor experience together! I think it is sad but true usually you have one who is more gung ho than the other. Thats the way it is with me and my wife I am lucky to get her out but all conditions have to be perfect.
    I agree with pebbles after reading her side, dark should have his ankles broken or have to run the distance next time while pebbles rides the bike. That seems fair. dark still looking for an answer to my question about the dead things thread so I hope my suggestion doesn't hurt the chances of you donating something.

I have never had a gilfriend who was that interested in fishing or the outdoors. dark I would advice you if you find one that shares that love you should be a little nicer and slow down a bit. just my .02