Thread: Stargazers did anyone ever eat one?

Default Stargazers did anyone ever eat one?

They are starting to come around now. I was fishing over by breezy last night and got one. nasty creatures. Wondering if anyone ever took one home and tried to eat it? How would you even go about it. Fillet or bake? Fry? I know they have electric charges was wondering if that still exists when they are dead. thanks

Default Re: Stargazers did anyone ever eat one?

7dp never had an interest in eating them. The electic charge is minimal. Next time you get one kiss it on the top of the head before you release it and the fish Gods will be kind to you. (kind of like the static shock from dress shoes scuffing the carpet)

Default Re: Stargazers did anyone ever eat one?

Here is a pic of a giant one someone caught in June. Grabbed from the internet.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 10.47lb stargazer june 2013.jpg  

A know some friends who got one and brought it to a chinese restaurant. They grilled it up nicely fro them with ginger and rice and onions. Said it was delicious

I have to try that voyager. A bud was fishing the surf yesterday and got one about 7lbs. Said it dug in like a manhole cover. I have caught them and threw back because the electric vibe creeps me out. If I didn't have to prepare it and could just take it to a chinese restaurant it would be easier. Thank you for the tip.