Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NJ Fishing Reports for the Week of 6-23 to 6-29-08

Moco, fished in friend's boat near Shrewsbury rocks. Lots of small fluke, we caught 35, only 2 keepers. Another friend was further off, bluefishing, saying the blues were spitting up huge spearing. Think they are all about 2-4 miles out.

Quote Originally Posted by LennyD View Post
    fished at Moco yesterday hit couple of my spot, later the evening some bunker showed up here and there but they did not come in, always just a little bit out of reach, i decided to buy a kayak for next year and i'll be on top of them.

Lenny, saw the same thing over the last few days. What kills me is I have a kayak sitting unused. Not a high end model, but it still works for a stable SOT paddle yak. Haven't had my truck for almost a year now, hard to get it on a small car.

A kayak will definitely help to put you on fish, except for the fall, when the peanuts come back down the coast, and move quicker than the adults. This is the prime time to be out in a kayak, but if you are new, should always go out with another kayak in case something happens. They are looking for a missing kayaker as of this morning, Manasquan River.

Also, pay attention to the weather. A calm day is no problem, but when there is a big NE or SE swell, rollers 5-6ft high, it is suicidal to be out there, no matter how many fish.

Plus for the next months, there will be big threshers offshore 1/2 to 1 mile out where you will find the biggest blitzes at times. Need good upper body strength, or consider a Hobie revolution.

And you gotta build up your skills to try to hit the beach in the right way and not dump.

If you get one, PM me aand I will give you some sweet locations to launch from oceanside where you won't get dumped. Might even motivate me to get my truck fixed, and make it out there again. I been drooling over those "hard to reach" blitzing pods too much this season. I hear ya, man.

Quote Originally Posted by fishlipper View Post
    Lenny, saw the same thing over the last few days. What kills me is I have a kayak sitting unused. Not a high end model, but it still works for a stable SOT paddle yak. Haven't had my truck for almost a year now, hard to get it on a small car.

A kayak will definitely help to put you on fish, except for the fall, when the peanuts come back down the coast, and move quicker than the adults. This is the prime time to be out in a kayak, but if you are new, should always go out with another kayak in case something happens. They are looking for a missing kayaker as of this morning, Manasquan River.

Also, pay attention to the weather. A calm day is no problem, but when there is a big NE or SE swell, rollers 5-6ft high, it is suicidal to be out there, no matter how many fish.

Plus for the next months, there will be big threshers offshore 1/2 to 1 mile out where you will find the biggest blitzes at times. Need good upper body strength, or consider a Hobie revolution.

And you gotta build up your skills to try to hit the beach in the right way and not dump.

If you get one, PM me aand I will give you some sweet locations to launch from oceanside where you won't get dumped. Might even motivate me to get my truck fixed, and make it out there again. I been drooling over those "hard to reach" blitzing pods too much this season. I hear ya, man.
    Thanx for the tips.
    I'll let you know if i got one, won't happen this year.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12