Thread: Tying a Multi-Feather Flatwing Fly....

Default Tying a Multi-Feather Flatwing Fly....

Sent in by JBarbosa....thanks!

Default Re: Tying a Multi-Feather Flatwing Fly....

As of 8-2013, we're going to give this forum a shot....
    Many thanks to JBarbosa for the suggestion....it was his idea and he deserves all the credit...

As I stated in the past, I have a lot of things going on right now and can't be here as much as I used to...
    This site is all about you people out there....it's You who make it what it is.....
    As Finchaser mentioned, my new focus will be to

1. try to step back and try to comment mostly on the State of the Fisheries...with suggestions and evidence gathered from contacts throughout the East Coast.....
    2. Continue to raise awareness of Striped Bass and Fisheries Management Issues
    3. Continue to Fiight for Fishermens' Access
    4. Mediate any disputes that develop.

Sometimes I feel I am too dominating as far as threads go....I didn't originally feel that way...it's very easy for me to post up content...as can be attested to by the many threads I started on here...

But as passionate as I am about things...I realize we have a lot of very talented people here....
    And you all have some great views and perspectives....

This is your chance to shine...and show us what you have....
    I am continually amazed by the wealth of knowledge here...and the desire of our community to share it so unselfishly....
    So thanks for doing that....and feel free to continue sharing your unique perspectives...that's what makes a community...not me...not my rantings..or stories...
    I know you enjoy them and will fill them in from time to time....

It's now time for some of you others, to step up and share what you know.....you all deserve a chance to shine in the spotlight....and as in the past, I will defend your rights to speak your minds, as long as you can do it without attacking others....

Thanks again to John...
    Anyone else has suggestions to make this community better...feel free to PM me...if it's feasible to do and more than one person mentions it to me...we'll try it......

If anyone has any trouble posting, feel free to refer to the detailed guide here....
    http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/...etc-EASY-STEPS!

It's stickied to the top of the forum as well.

Good forum idea guys thanks for the tutorials. Don't know a lot about flys but videos' are very informative.

great! by the way, tightline videos does an outstanding job explaining the fly tying process. John B are you into the epoxy type flies at all?

Quote Originally Posted by robmedina View Post
    great! by the way, tightline videos does an outstanding job explaining the fly tying process. John B are you into the epoxy type flies at all?
    I am not that interested in the old school method of epoxy flies as they are very time consuming.

There is a much easier alternative that cures in 10 seconds, doesn't yellow and is easier to work with: UV Resin and UV Curing lights.

I just received in the mail on Friday my UV resin and UV curing light and will be trying to tie some surf candies as soon as I get some synthetic material.

I need to get some good spearing and sand eel imitations ready for the fall.

check out solarex on ebay. They sell a 3 tube kit- one is flexible like popovics flex uv resin but only cost $3 a tube. I use uv knot sense and a cheap UV light I got on ebay for a couple bucks- works great.

Thanks, I paid about double that for a tube of clear cure goo. Ill order some and compare the two.

Quote Originally Posted by J Barbosa View Post
    Thanks, I paid about double that for a tube of clear cure goo. Ill order some and compare the two.
    heck if you got the clear cure goo for 6 bucks that is a great price!

I'm still old school, I like my epoxy it does take more time but once you learn to work with it almost cured you can do some great things with it. 30 minute doesn't yellow much unless it is left in the sun never used the UV deal I guess if your in a hurry it is ok.
    Cranky Old Bassturd.