Thread: NJ Beach Replenishment Developments

Hybrid View

Default LBI Homeowners just don't Get it

These homeowners in LBI are still against having high dunes built. Even though all that damage was caused they will not sign easements. Shame on them the dunes are the only thing that saved a lot of houses. I don't wish harm on anyone but it would serve them right if the ones who won's sign the easements would lose their houses in another storm.

Cleanup Efforts on Island Houses Present Challenges
    http://barnegat-manahawkin.patch.com...ent-challenges

One resident feeling pressure, he says, to sign easements for beach dunes so he can clean his property.

Default Re: LBI Homeowners just don't Get it

Quote Originally Posted by surferman View Post
    These homeowners in LBI are still against having high dunes built. Even though all that damage was caused they will not sign easements. Shame on them the dunes are the only thing that saved a lot of houses. I don't wish harm on anyone but it would serve them right if the ones who won's sign the easements would lose their houses in another storm.
    Hey i agree if they are too stupid to see that high dunes will prevent devastation they deserve what they get. I read somewhere that the damage from Sandy will be in the billions, more than Katrina. If you want to rebuild you need to do it smarter not follow the same old pattern that didn't work before. They should not give permits to any of the owners that won't sign easements. It is not fair to spend billions in rebuilding if the things you are building again are not protected. My .02 only.

they will learn when the insurance doesn't pay to rebuild any more,IMO most of them are assh_les anyway but will probably get the first beach replenishment from the army corp of moron job security program because of political contributions

Pay attention to what history has taught us or be prepared to relive it again

Took a ride yesterday from Sandyhook to Belmar, pretty devastating. Also went into Union Beach, trashed. If people want to build that close to the waters edge, they should do so at their own peril. They should realize that they cannot mess with "Mother Nature". They should also bear the responsibility on their own if it happens again, and it will, you can be sure of that. All of us on this site I'm sure have a lot of respect for the weather because it is a big part of what we do. These people should heed the warning Sandy just provided for all of us, particularly if you want to build so close to the water. Of course the local governments are worried about the tax revenue, but at what cost to the rest of us.