Quote Originally Posted by J Barbosa View Post
Rob, don't believe every report you read. I haven't heard of one reliable report of Albies inshore/surf.

I can confirm this...monster sized Albies 30-50 miles out for us. These we're like 5x bigger than any albie I've ever seen in my life.

Fin, were you out there today? Beautiful 1-2ft seas made for a quick and comfortable ride out.

We couldn't keep the Albies out of our trolling spread for longer than a few minutes as they would just slam the spreader bars two/three at a time. Some were so big they were peeling line from 50W setups. If these fish move inshore (I don't think they will - water quality inshore sucks right now as Fin said on page 1) we would be seeing a lot of surf guys getting spooled.

The water quality 40 miles out is really good right now. Lots of life out there too.

We gave up on trolling after a while not being able to get past the falsies and started jigging the readings. We had the fish finder lit up from the sea bottom to the surface all sand eels and Albies. Drop to bottom, crank, crank, jig, Albie on!

Amazing what can change in a few hours...just the day before they only had a few falsies and a bunch of 80-100lb tuna. We only heard of a few YFT caught today out of a huge fleet of boats.

We had to give our arms a break stopped on a pot and had absolutely insane Mahi Mahi action. We could have caught our limit of 40 quickly if we wanted to. One of my favorite fish to eat, fresh sashimi tonight!

Went looking in different areas seeing if we could pull up an edible tuna but no luck.

My arms are absolutely shot.

I'm going to shoot the next person who says Albie or Falsie. Got it?

Awesome report jb sounds like you really got into em!
So - will you be taking any more offshore trips? Albie looking forward to the reports.