Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: NJ Fishing Reports for September 2013.....wwwStripersAndAnglers.com

Default NJ Fishing Reports for September 2013.....wwwStripersAndAnglers.com

**Important when registering on our site -- use an active email address so you can activate your account to be able to post.

Please post fishing reports here.......as little or as much detail as you want to give.

Please note: NO SPOT BURNING. Posts burning spots will be Edited or DELETED.
    Some veteran fishermen have put in years developing and learning about certain spots.Some of these spots can only handle a few guys at a time. We are losing enough access as it is, due to the unfortunate behavior of a few selfish people. No sense in making it worse.

**For some areas, it would be wiser to say:
    Out Front (Ocean) OR -- Out Back (Bay) -- if you feel too many people will figure out what you are talking about. "Spot burning" also could involve mentioning something specific only to that area. Remember that thousands of people could potentially read these posts. You don't want to be fishing next to ALL of them at the same time.

IF you are fishing an area that is NOT residential, being vague is less critical. For example, it's acceptable to say (Any)Park, or (Any)Bay, or mention a specific state park that has loads of parking and can handle the crowds.

1. If you are unclear on this concept, ask yourself:
    If I name this place on the internet, will it be too crowded for me to enjoy tomorrow when people hear I got 30 fish there today?

2. If the answer is "Yes", then you should probably not be so specific.
    More discussion on this:
    http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/...ead.php?t=3763

If you have any additional details you would like to share - weather conditions, tide (incoming, outgoing, ebb, flood) water temps, bait present, or other mention of techniques or plugs used - feel free.

Some acronyms -

SH - Sandy Hook
    NoMoCo - Northern Monmouth County (below the hook to Shark River Inlet SRI)
    SoMoCo - Southern Monmouth County (below SRI to Manasquan Inlet)

OC - Ocean County
    IBSP - Island Beach State Park
    LBI - Long Beach Island

AC - Atlantic County
    CISP - Corson's Inlet State Park
    CMC - Cape May County
    GEI - Great Egg Inlet
    TI - Townsend's Inlet

RB - Raritan Bay
    BB - Barnegat Bay
    CB - Chesapeake Bay
    DB - Delaware Bay

Paco33,
    you won the plug in the August 2013 random drawing!
    PM me your address so I can send it out to ya!

We post these reports so our community will have a sense of what is working, what is not. We want to show people how to catch fish, rather than where.

If you struck out or got skunked, it would be helpful to hear that as well. Anyone who posts a report can win a plug even if they got skunked!

This month we're giving out plugs from Ace Baits, or something similar.
    http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/...splay.php?f=83

Thanks for posting and helping to make this a great site!

Fished yesterday morning and caught a 19" fluke and a ton of shorts in the surf.

There's a decent amount of bait in the surf. I saw a few small schools of mullet, spearing, snappers to 1lb blues and a few hickories around.

Nice jb. Fished this morning on the incoming tide 3-6a in nomoco. A few of those small blues on bucktail and pork. One short fluke, Didn't see a lot of mullet after 6 maybe because high tide was around that time. From 3-4 am I saw some schools of baitfish just out of reach. Prob mullet and bunker but didn't seem to be much on them.

Glad to hear y'all got some. Fished cape may today before sunrise. It was nasty out, there was no real sunrise. Water was dirty and south wind was not too cool.

wishing everyone a happy and healthy Labor day. Went out to LBI this morning. Started out back caught a few snapper blues on a small teaser rig. I threw a cast net in and got about 50 peanut bunker and a couple snappers mixed in. My buddy Mike got 1 black sea bass. We went out front for the heck of it. I almost caught a 100# and 200# surfer (a girl and a guy- respectively) who completely ignored my line in the water and surfed right over the line. Water was cool and the beach looked like a fall beach- can't wait for another couple of weeks!

rob any pics of the surfer chick. Was she wearing a bikini? We love bikini pics.
    Happy and healthy labor day to all the members and their families.

3 bass to 29" and 5 blues in the 5 to 7 pound range all on bucktails all still swimming in the back. Ocean dropped to 66 degrees from 75, with all the south winds may not see ALBIE's this year as all the lumps and bumps are void of bait and them and the head boats have had none up to 20 miles out

Pay attention to what history has taught us or be prepared to relive it again

Quote Originally Posted by VSdreams View Post
    Thanks for the reports. Would anyone be able to estimate how big the mullet you are seeing now? Any corncobs in there or all they all the finger mullet size?
    small 3-5" size.

Returned to the night scene first time out in the dark since memorial day, the results were great. The weakies are in full force in the barny bay. Landed close to 30 lost many more lots of hits on the whole outgoing tide. Chartreuse mullet gulps were hot. Fish were mostly 16" to 19" a few made it to 23". The peanuts were present and the weakies were harassing them constantly. Weird how patterns have changed not a single blue there, years past sept was a fight to get through the small blues to the weaks.

30 weakfish you crushed em! Congrats great report has me psyched!

^^^^^ Nice work SH.

Quote Originally Posted by SharkHart View Post
    Returned to the night scene first time out in the dark since memorial day, the results were great. The weakies are in full force in the barny bay. Landed close to 30 lost many more lots of hits on the whole outgoing tide. Chartreuse mullet gulps were hot. Fish were mostly 16" to 19" a few made it to 23". The peanuts were present and the weakies were harassing them constantly. Weird how patterns have changed not a single blue there, years past sept was a fight to get through the small blues to the weaks.
    Way to go matt you commuting back and forth

SharkHart- nice job! I plan on hitting them tomorrow night!

Yep making the long drive, the key is finding them peanuts

Quote Originally Posted by SharkHart View Post
    Yep making the long drive, the key is finding them peanuts
    you want company call me

moco in the back tonight. Outgoing tide a few cocktail blues and one small weakfish on small finS and 1 oz. Nice going on the weakies shark I thought there would be a few more where I fished there was a lot of bait but mostly small bait.

Quote Originally Posted by J Barbosa View Post
    small 3-5" size.
    Thanks jb. Great reports fellas. Nothing but the skunk tonight, Somoco surfside. Nice night but no one told the fish. Sharkhart don't think I ever caught 30 weakfish in a night that is a fantastic night of catching congrats.

Nice catching SH. Peanuts or small bait are the key that's for sure. Fished this morning 4-7:30 toward top of the tide. A few tailor blues and 1 short bass in nomoco. Pig and jig.

No reports or sightings anywhere of inshore/surf albies yet?

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast