Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: NJ Fishing Reports for September 2013.....wwwStripersAndAnglers.com

Most popular by far is SS popper 2 3/8 sinker out sells the floaters 10 to 1 . casts great and if you reel it slow it swims like a metal lip. They sink because you need the weight to cast far. When it comes to SS most shop don't stock the floaters

Pay attention to what history has taught us or be prepared to relive it again

Quote Originally Posted by finchaser View Post
    Rob in case you are unaware SS plugs:
    with black eyes sink
    with green eyes float
    with red eyes they are pre loaded
    Quote Originally Posted by finchaser View Post
    Most popular by far is SS popper 2 3/8 sinker out sells the floaters 10 to 1 . casts great and if you reel it slow it swims like a metal lip. They sink because you need the weight to cast far. When it comes to SS most shop don't stock the floaters
    SS is a great workhorse plug. You can catch small blues to 40lb bass with that plug. Works great out of the bag. If larger fish are around you can upgrade the hooks and splits but they can take a lot of abuse as is. One of my fall favorites.

Fished nomoco this am. One small bluefish on popper. No bait showing.

did a site visit in westbury LI today. After the visit I shot down to Jones Beach to check things out. Well besides the can't park here without a permit, can't park there because that access is closed- I finally got to lot 10. I met 2 older fellas and talked to them for a little bit. Once they heard I was from Jersey they told me to get outta there because the rules were different from NJ to NY on fluke regs, LOL! they laughed at giving me a hard time. They told me that a few 40# bass were caught recently around 3 am hour. Other than that not much going on. I missed a small bluefish blitz that apparently happened a little while before I got there.

There were a ton of spearing in the water around the rocks and docks. Water was clean.

Quote Originally Posted by robmedina View Post
    Once they heard I was from Jersey they told me to get outta there because the rules were different from NJ to NY on fluke regs, LOL! they laughed at giving me a hard time. They told me that a few 40# bass were caught recently around 3 am hour. Other than that not much going on. I missed a small bluefish blitz that apparently happened a little while before I got there.
    maybe they were pulling your leg lol.
    ocean county yesterday. threw popper and metal at different times. Water was slightly dirty No soup for me.

^^^^^lol I thought the same thing but the guy in the bait store told me the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by buckethead View Post
    SS is a great workhorse plug. You can catch small blues to 40lb bass with that plug. Works great out of the bag. If larger fish are around you can upgrade the hooks and splits but they can take a lot of abuse as is. One of my fall favorites.
    The new SS lures now come with 4x VMC hooks. Shops with old inventory will still have the Mustad hooks.

Easy way to tell the difference:
    VMC 4x 9626PS = dull silver color
    Mustad = very shiny silver color

Yea only a few 40lb fish were caught this morning...not really too much going on this time of year.

lol yeah not a few 40# caught this morning- but rather a few so far this fall - they just so happen to be caught in the mornings around 3ish.

Sorry Rob misread the first post. LOL

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112