Thread: NJ Fishing Reports for October 2013.....wwwStripersAndAnglers.com

Hybrid View

fished the yesterday morning 1 small striper on clams. went back out on navy pier last night' two porgy's two spots one small weakfish an two nice stripers one 30inches and the other 34 14.8 lbs.nice night

Tonight 6 to 7:30 released 3 bass 18 to 20 inches fish were thin and sluggish absolutely no sign of bait. My counterpart released about a dozen 12 to 14 inch micro bass , 3 shad and a sundial on a teaser

Pay attention to what history has taught us or be prepared to relive it again

finally got the keeper i was looking for this fall on the 17th 0130. almost 30" outgoing at the mouth of a creek on a blurple long a B15a. that thing just catches fish where im from. bait is all over too.

Out front tonight fished 6:30 to 10:30pm. Moon was way to bright, got the tonight. But it was great being by the water. Seen 2 small bass caught.

Didnt like that moon last night either vpass. We need some cloud cover or rain. Managed 2 bass to 12#, bucktails. In the back. Still swimming.

Quote Originally Posted by zev View Post
    finally got the keeper i was looking for this fall on the 17th 0130. almost 30" outgoing at the mouth of a creek on a blurple long a B15a. that thing just catches fish where im from. bait is all over too.
    love the blurple, nice job dude.

Good stuff guys!

I met up with DonLBI reel (Pun) early this morning to deliver a reel and fish down with him in his area.

Seen one nice fish being dragged off the beach and another guy catch a short.

Some weakfish were caught by Don and his friend but not by me (mine popped off the hook twice ). The action turned off once the dolphins invaded.

Caught a few hickories and the sand eels are in pretty good down there birds are having fun picking them right out of the wash.

Dolphins are having a blast feeding on the sand eels and small weakfish(?). So many around this morning it felt like I was offshore :headscratch:

Leaves have started to turn colors and it finally feels like fall!

Well i couldnt find them last night the blow out water and bright moon probably didn't help. Got one short. I did hear of very good mid day action on friday to the north.

Been a first light and late afternoon to dark bite here then it seems to die off

Pay attention to what history has taught us or be prepared to relive it again

Quote Originally Posted by SharkHart View Post
    Well i couldnt find them last night the blow out water and bright moon probably didn't help. Got one short. I did hear of very good mid day action on friday to the north.
    That only thing that seems to counteract that moon is when there is a good wind giving the water a little chop.There must have been a good bite fri because I got some good numbers thur night. 23 fish to 28" on ava and redgill. Most were around 23-23". Some were fat but some were skinny like finchaser said. Isn't that strange how one moment it will be skinny schoolies and the next it will be fat footballs. Strange fall so far. Still, happy to get some fish. finchaser I agree most of my fish thu came between 5"30-9pm. slo pick after that.

Fished last night and only one fish go figure