Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: NJ Fishing Reports for October 2013.....wwwStripersAndAnglers.com

Great reports guys maybe some sunshine is around the corner. Let the light skies shine lol!

Quote Originally Posted by Monty View Post
    Nice reports all

Nice action, I am guessing Dark was not within 20 miles
    you are 100% right

This morning 5 AM to 7 AM released 11 bass between 14 and 27 inches caught on jig head and pink finesse as they were goring themselves on rain fish

Pay attention to what history has taught us or be prepared to relive it again

Fin are you fishing north or south? Not specifics of course, but if you are fishing anywhere south of IBSP- that would be of comfort to me.

I remember in the past reading where dark said finchaser has a private striped bass pond he fishes in. Something about helicopter access only.

nope in my back yard

Fished the ocean tonight 5-10pm. East of the parkway. Pretty decent bass bite. Slow blues action to 4# first. Bass gradually filled in with the tide. Picked up 7 bass to 29". Released all. Loaded redfin and chicken scratch bomber. dark its time to get out there. Don't know where you have been lately but I'm tired of seeing you strike out. You deserve some of these fish. If you were there tonight you would have been more happy than dark. lol. Make the time and come fishing before the googs figure it out.

Bucktails are key right now dude. Been catching a few each time out for the last week. Buck and pork, to 11 pounds. In the back. All still swimming. Water is not so bad in some spots. Dark and Pebbles good to see the site running again. Sent you a PM welcome back.

Is the hamster finally back on the wheel to get this site running again?

whoah, welcome back!

Quote Originally Posted by SharkHart View Post
    Is the hampster finally back on the wheel to get this site running again?
    The site is alive...it's alive!

I thought the fishing was so bad that Dark decided to shut the site down

^^ Yup, it's so bad Pebbles and I had to go all the way to Rhody to see some bass today.....

And we did shut the site down to download the latest VB version.
    Have to give that girl 85% of the credit, though....because of the new versions and the exploits, over the last 6 days we have acquired a lot of programming skills.......and learned a lot about the underside of spammers and exploits............it seems in the last 2 weeks some of the most well known fishing sites have had similar problems....and some of them still haven't resolved them......

Thanks for the laughs...people...believe me for the last 6 days Pebbles and I weren't laughing.....what would I ever do without her?

**The fish are finally being caught all over....albeit in limited amounts and fishing windows......good to get the texts that lots of ya's are out there looking and picking away at em....

Fishing report....fished the back last week at night, while the water was still clean....
    Managed 4 short bass throwing small swimmers. It was good to find activity, but in reality it was a slow pick....

It took a while to figure out...started throwing big and not a touch...finally brought it down to some of my smallest swimmers and that seemed to be what they wanted, that night......
    Some friends are also enjoying success with bucktails or rubber.... but the windows, as mentioned, are limited....

I'm sorry to be so general in my descriptions, but I was out at 3am on a weeknight, and still had an audience.....there were 2 guys outfitted with about $2k each in fancy gear, right out of the Abercrombie and Fitch surfcaster catalog... who seemed to be very interested in how I was fishing....They had been elsewhere, but came back, and just stood and milled around where I was for about 15 minutes.....I hooked and reluctantly dropped 2 nice fish on purpose trying not to give the fact away that there were fish there....just hoping these guys would leave....finally I stopped actively fishing.....just "pretending" I was...until they left the area....

**With Sandy Hook being closed. and the ocean being so snotty, there are limited places to fish....most of the bigger fish people are finding at night are coming from a short list of areas that are productive....so please try to remember that if you decide to post any pics...thanks...

hey all, first time visitor... though I do recognize some handles from elsewhere ...I'll just say I'm from down in dixie

been too snotty and without enough fish around to even make it worthwhile the last week... in fact, so slow that I've only put in a few outings from the sand the past few months (edit: boat fishing near a local bridge is a different story, just no stripes or blues around there ... yet)

be out on the rocks, starting with the flyrod and once daylight finishing up with bait... at a shoreline nearby "soon" (next week or 2), then we'll see if things actually pick up.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkSkies View Post
    ...there were 2 guys outfitted with about $2k each in fancy gear, right out of the Abercrombie and Fitch surfcaster catalog... who seemed to be very interested in how I was fishing.....I hooked and reluctantly dropped 2 nice fish on purpose trying not to give the fact away that there were fish there....just hoping these guys would leave....finally I stopped actively fishing.....just "pretending" I was...until they left the area....
    Sounds like they are smart enough to follow the old guy

DS what did you do to drop the fish sing the:

Little fishy get off my hook song????????????????????????????

Quote Originally Posted by surfrob View Post
    hey all, first time visitor... though I do recognize some handles from elsewhere ...I'll just say I'm from down in dixie

been too snotty and without enough fish around to even make it worthwhile the last week... in fact, so slow that I've only put in a few outings from the sand the past few months (edit: boat fishing near a local bridge is a different story, just no stripes or blues around there ... yet)

be out on the rocks, starting with the flyrod and once daylight finishing up with bait... at a shoreline nearby "soon" (next week or 2), then we'll see if things actually pick up.
    Welcome - more fly rodders

Quote Originally Posted by surfrob View Post

I was tryin to figure out who ya were, Rob.....
    Your mention of Dixie was all the hint I needed......

People, please welcome one of surf fishing's elder statesmen....

Internet famous, one of the most prolific posters out there.....with a gypsy wanderlust great enough that even though he now lives in South Jersey, he has probably fished every beach from Perth Amboy to Cape May, at one time in his fishing career.....

Welcome aboard, Rob....
    Look forward to your opinions and anecdotes.....

Quote Originally Posted by robmedina View Post
    Sounds like they are smart enough to follow the old guy
    haha with emphasis on the old!
    surfer rob welcome aboard. I don't know you but if dark vouches for you you must be a good guy. Where do you fish out of mostly?

I might as well post a report. Tried to fish the surf during the weekend no dice it was nasty. Tried a few places in the back it was windy. Some water was not too muddy but my scouting skills are rusty and all I did was some casting practice with stubby needlefish and storm shads. Not even a bluefish bite off. Glad to see the site up and running again I like the banter here.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast