Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: NJ Fishing Reports for October 2013.....wwwStripersAndAnglers.com

tonight 6:30 to 8 pm released 7 bass to 23" all on jig head and AAT tail

Pay attention to what history has taught us or be prepared to relive it again

i fished from noon to 6:30pm with my 7wt fly rod. I walked few miles. I caught 1 Hickory, 1 short bass, and a sundial flounder. all on a sand eel fly. I only saw 1 school of bait(rainfish).

Fished for a few hours post dark today. All the action came on the top three hours of the outgoing again. Still tons of spearing around and bass swirling on them.

I spent a lot more time throwing shads today after seeing a 18lber caught yesterday; we didn't catch as many bass but the size average was a little better today. These fish are hungry really inhaling the shads.

My brother got 7 bass and I got 5 today all shorts again.

Did see a 43" caught and released today.

must be at the mudhole nice! heard of a bit of spark out there.

Quote Originally Posted by finchaser View Post
    He carries his googan bucket because he will always be one, spends more time changing lures to match colors and profiles than he does fishing. If I carried what he does I'd be too tired to fish. Then again that could explain his sleeping in porto jons

Quote Originally Posted by bababooey View Post
    dark there may be some good advice here. Sleeping in a porto john the fumes would probably have to cause some kind of brain damage. Worse than huffing or inhaling nitrous!
    I can just feel the love...thanks so much for the helpful feedback......
    Just an FYI bababooey...the substances I ingested back in the party days were a lot worse than porto john fumes....and I paid for my for college tuition partly by fixing and painting cars.....try walking a straight line after ya painted a car with enamel mixed with thinner in a poorly ventilated garage...

Got some news yesterday that apparently there are a few more fish running along the South Shore, and into the NY Bight area as of the end of last week....new body of fish for the surf guys...a few friends are now catching double digits over that way from the surf.....as JB said the sizes are getting a little bigger......Nice work John, nice effort from all.

This AM 6:00 to 7:30 released 14 bass to 29" all on jig head and Salt and pepper Rip tide tail NE pushed in lots of bait could have had a banner morning but lost the tide

Good going fellas. Fished nomoco from 3-6am. 5 bass to 12lbs. Released.
    Bucktail and pork took some. Shad took the biggest.

the OFFC fished ocean county last night. Still can't get rid of the skunk

Nice reports and pics.
    White Water Monty 2.00 (WWM)
    Future Long Islander (ASAP)

Got out this am fished Nomoco 4-8am..Nice conditions,good NE wind nice chop to the water and it was clean..Had high hopes walking out on the beach...Cover ALOT of sand and finally came up with 2 shorts about 730 when the sun came up..1 on CS Sp minnow and the other on a CS bomber..23 and 25in..May get back out this afternoon..gotta see how tired i feel.. Good to hear Darkskies about some new fishing coming down to play!Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC02527.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	29.3 KB 
ID:	17681

Always figuring out a way to avoid the skunk there Blaze ^.^

The sad truth is that fishing sucks right now in 99% of NJ.

I've never had to work so hard to catch one or two fish during the fall

I don't even feel like taking the kayaks out right now.

Heading out after work to see if I could get one of those 20lbers on my line

JB way to go remember fishing is good catching s_cks lately

tonight went with the pattern that has worked for me for 3 weeks and the wind shifted to East the tide came in for an extra 2 1/2 hours on top being pushed by wind and was going out on the bottom which screwed things up resulting in not even a bump but unlike DS and Monty I went home no marathon fishing. . I fish 1 to 2 times a day and don't usually post the but I thought these conditions warranted posting.Will give it hell in the AM

Quote Originally Posted by J Barbosa View Post
    Always figuring out a way to avoid the skunk there Blaze ^.^

The sad truth is that fishing sucks right now in 99% of NJ.

I've never had to work so hard to catch one or two fish during the fall

I don't even feel like taking the kayaks out right now.

Heading out after work to see if I could get one of those 20lbers on my line
    Lol i try my best! Got back out tonight from 5-9pm same area as this am..Picked up 2 shorts 1@20in he hit a mambo minnow just before sundown and then nothing till about 8pm grabbed another short about 24in on the burple teaser..Saw a bunch of guys out and didnt see much catching were i was saw 1 other short caught before i left at 9pm...Im pretty sure i was in the wrong spot tonight some did much better not far from where i was >...Part that sucks is i should have known better and changed spots tonight..I have to agree the fishing is good ..but......The CATCHING SUX right now!!...

Outgoing tide again...lots of bait around and more importantly stripers to chase the bait

I saw tons of spearing, some big peanuts and small mullet (?).

Stuck to the bigger swim shads; I didn't get as many shorts (they were around) as the previous trips but was rewarded with 2 keepers including this fish around 18lbs.

Where did my 6" shad go?

Also got this 32" bass

All fish released

I was out there again in the wrong spot. I did catch a short about 24 inches around 9pm on a Shad. I did see 1 other fish caught. fished from 6 to 10pm. So far the worst Oct. I could remember. Hope it get better.

Nice going JB.

Quote Originally Posted by vpass View Post
    I was out there again in the wrong spot. I did catch a short about 24 inches around 9pm on a Shad. I did see 1 other fish caught. fished from 6 to 10pm. So far the worst Oct. I could remember. Hope it get better.

Nice going JB.
    Very nice John WTG!! Het Vpass were you fishing NoMoCo??I think i was next to you if ya were..Saw a guy get a fish about 9pm and i had 1 about 30 mins before that..

Quote Originally Posted by Blazin420 View Post
    Very nice John WTG!! Het Vpass were you fishing NoMoCo??I think i was next to you if ya were..Saw a guy get a fish about 9pm and i had 1 about 30 mins before that..
    Yes, you were to my right. If it was you you were on the right side of a sandbar.

Quote Originally Posted by vpass View Post
    Yes, you were to my right. If it was you you were on the right side of a sandbar.
    Lol yup that was me

Nice job fellas. Fished moco from 12-5. Picked up 6 bass to 32". Loaded redfin. released

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast