Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: NJ Fishing Reports for October 2013.....wwwStripersAndAnglers.com

Surfrob welcome to the nut house.

Quote Originally Posted by finchaser View Post
    DS what did you do to drop the fish sing the:

Little fishy get off my hook song????????????????????????????
    I wouldn't be surprised if he sang the fish a lullabye. That should be the anthem for you c&r guys.

Welcome to stripers and anglers surfrob.

Dont worry be happy? You guys are nuts.
    Hi and welcome surfrob! glad to see the site back up

Welcome to the asylum surfrob. Look forward to your posts. Fished the bay tonight from the top of the tide to a little after dark. A few little bass and weakfish. All on clams and pieces of spot. We did get one keeper at 29". First keeper of the fall it was sent back for good luck.

Nice Leadhead!

I was out yesterday afternoon into Dark (quit around 8:30pm) and ran into some good company.

I managed two shorties both fat but one was round. Has two other fish that were on for a few seconds before popping off and at least 12 hits/misses. Water was a bit stained all of my hits came on a rattling plug after jerking it. There was no interest in the teasers yesterday out of all the fish I saw caught none came on a teaser. Tough conditions (still a decent sized surf) felt like I left some key plugs behind in the car but I kept getting hits so I didn't want to walk back.

3 bass this AM to 33" all on lead head and chartreuse shaker tail my friend had 2 to 34" all action was from 5:30 to 7 am

Pay attention to what history has taught us or be prepared to relive it again

^^^ Nice, would they be from the renowned finchaser pond? was the helicopter pilot working today?

Quote Originally Posted by bababooey View Post
    ^^^ Nice, would they be from the renowned finchaser pond? was the helicopter pilot working today?

too windy for him he's more help out front

Quote Originally Posted by cowherder View Post
    haha with emphasis on the old!
    surfer rob welcome aboard. I don't know you but if dark vouches for you you must be a good guy. Where do you fish out of mostly?
    Nowadays, just due to time (or rather lack thereof!), Brigantine with jaunts along Absecon Island and surrounding bay areas, which I confess
    I do not know well enough to call them "home"... yet

( oh yeah, thanks for the e m b a r r a s i n g l y warm welcome DS , found this forum while doing an internet search about cinder worms of all things LOL)

This morning 5:30 to 7:30 released 2 bass 26" and 31" inches both caught on a jig head and Rip Tide 5" chartreuse tail

Played the same stage of tide tonight as this morning 5:30 to 7:30 and released 19 bass to 27" all on 1 ounce jig head and 6" chartreuse silk shaker tail. Fish shut off as soon as it was totally dark.

Played the same stage of tide tonight as this morning 5:30 to 7:30 and released 19 bass to 27" all on 1 ounce jig head and 6" chartreuse silk shaker tail. Fish shut off as soon as it was totally dark.
    Very nice.
    White Water Monty 2.00 (WWM)
    Future Long Islander (ASAP)

Nice!

well I wish I had Fin's report to tell but in reality 1 weakie in 10 miles of surf.

Fished the same place this AM adjusted a little for tide 6 to 8 AM released 11 bass to 24" all on jig head and a new tail by AAT that I am testing which worked well but are on the fragile side IMO. On a sad note fish are getting thinner by the tide due to less bait day after day.

Fished the same place this AM adjusted a little for tide 6 to 8 AM released 11 bass to 24" all on jig head and a new tail by AAT that I am testing which worked well but are on the fragile side IMO. On a sad note fish are getting thinner by the tide do to less bait day after day.
    that's awesome!!

I'm hoping to have some luck tomorrow, Finally going to get out.

Fished for a few hours this evening.

South wind is really blowing making it hard to fish out front.

I managed one bass around 27" on a DSM minnow and my brother got a smaller bass on one of my teasers along with a hickory.

Like JB said south wind put them off bite 6 -7:30 this AM 4 skinny bass to 21" all on AAT and jig head

fished the yesterday morning 1 small striper on clams. went back out on navy pier last night' two porgy's two spots one small weakfish an two nice stripers one 30inches and the other 34 14.8 lbs.nice night

Tonight 6 to 7:30 released 3 bass 18 to 20 inches fish were thin and sluggish absolutely no sign of bait. My counterpart released about a dozen 12 to 14 inch micro bass , 3 shad and a sundial on a teaser

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast