Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: NJ Fishing Reports for October 2013.....wwwStripersAndAnglers.com

Quote Originally Posted by Blazin420 View Post
    Thanx for the warm welcome fellas!! I do remeber that in 2010 Steve that was a good year...hope this fall is headed that way!! Im terrible with names but im sure ive run into a bunch of you guys over the years..John showed me this site seems like a good bunch of guys..Lookin forward to your reports
    Cant wait for those vids John getting my tying stuff together hopefully make some this week and start banging fish on them
    Welcome aboard Blazin. Looking foward to your reports.

I know they don't count but been doing the boat thing and catching bass to 25# and blues to 22# all released. The big school that was off Seabright pulled out yesterday most went through the mudhole and a scattered bunch we followed down the beach. Some of the faster head boats and charter boats are fishing off Jones beach on another larger school of mostly slammers and bass have to see which way they go.

Pay attention to what history has taught us or be prepared to relive it again

Thanx Vpass...And sounds good finchaser lets hope they make a b-line for the beach ..Even the blues i miss landing a few "slammers" here and there

Blazin welcome to S&A

Got out again tonight, and I took my 7wt Fly rod. Got on the beach just as it got dark. I used a Anchovy fly, because I seen them spraying as I was walking on the beach. I fished till 9pm.

I ended up with 1 Hickory, and dropped a few, and 2 Bass about 16 inches each and lost a nice fish that took the line out of my basket before spitting the hook. Lot of hits, but i know they were Hickorys.I Had a great time.

Quote Originally Posted by finchaser View Post
    I know they don't count but been doing the boat thing and catching bass to 25# and blues to 22# all released. The big school that was off Seabright pulled out yesterday most went through the mudhole and a scattered bunch we followed down the beach. Some of the faster head boats and charter boats are fishing off Jones beach on another larger school of mostly slammers and bass have to see which way they go.
    They only count if your boat is molded out of polyethylene

Seriously though good job you are on a roll lately and the fishing has been generally slow

I was out this evening and got a nice weakfish on a swimshad. Bass were caught by friend and guys next to us (none by me) mixed sizes all fish holding deep. Moon was blinding action was a little slow but expected.

Couldnt get out last night or tonight,and i perfer the dark,so fished this am 4-9am..Nice brisk morn..Managed 4 weakies 14-17in and 1 bass about 20in and dropped 1 in the wash..All the action was from 5-545am on a burple teaser and small black sluggo on a 1/2oz jig head..Lots of swings and misses..And dropped a few decent weakies,i should have brought my lighter rod..saw a fly land a decent scholie before first lightClick image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC02517.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	37.6 KB 
ID:	17644Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC02521.jpg 
Size:	18.9 KB 
ID:	17645..By 630 it was all annoying hickorys so i moved on not much after that..Ill be back lurking in night tomorrow hope this wind change and rain stirs the fish up a bit

Quote Originally Posted by storminsteve View Post
    Yeah I recognize you too blazin, a face only a mother could love. Just kidding dude you aren't as scary looking as dark is so you are ahead of the game. Where the heck is the dark one anyway?
    I
    ^^This guy is a member for a short time and you mooks are gonna scare him away.
    Welcome aboard Mike/blazin........ ....hope the jabs and pokes don't offend......lots of ball busting goes on around here...hope ya have a thick skin.........
    I can't even seem to get any respect from some of em....
    Steve, we'll talk about how scary looking I am the next time you're lookin for some real-time intel....

Update....it seems that some places have broken open dating back to 10-14-13......lots of bigger bass are being caught......
    I saw some very impressive pics from some of ya's over the weekend...including a 53# some friends managed in the surf at Montauk.....

Trying to keep it real.....it seems to me the bite is very inconsistent.....

**As fin was trying to tell ya's..... there are lots of areas with no fish at all.....even if you are in a boat and can burn the fuel......

Everyone knows about the fish off the SS of LI by now....and the big body of fish that was 1-3 miles off NJ seems to have moved on.....
    Congrats to all those people who are getting out and putting in their time.....

**I'm not trying to preach here....but there are an awful lot of bigger bass that are being harvested...
    If you catch your personal best, and it's the fish of a lifetime.....by all means you should keep and eat it if you want....and many congrats to you.....but ....without passing judgement on anyone here....there seems to be a fever to catch as many of these fish as folks can......
    "Get em before they leave" seems to be the marketing call of a lot of the party boats and charters....

I'm not afraid to stand up here and say that this type of fishing is unsustainable, over the long run....
    Again...it's not my place to tell folks out there whether to keep bass or not...they are tasty.....and if you never caught a big one, no one should try to make you feel bad for catching and keeping one....

However, I am trying to find some time to finish the Striped Bass assessment thread we have here...for 2013...
    http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/...of-the-fishery
    and overall, I can tell you that the best of the best, captains, old salts, and veteran anglers, who fish regularly....are noticing that the numbers of bass are just not there....

Although there is a big body of fish off the FI/ Jones area right now, there are less fish at Montauk....and if there were truly healthy numbers of bass, they would be all over as part of this Fall Migration that has started.....
    That's the main point I'm trying to educate folks about,......as some really do think that if there is a large harvest, more will be "made"..
    (I kid you not, someone sent me a link to a thread where someone states that as their belief..........)

So, without preaching, I am asking all the anglers out there....to consider educating yourselves about the state of the fishery....before it is too late.....thanks for reading.....

Thanx Darkskies!! Glad to be here! As for the ball busting,Its all good i can take some good ball busting anyday!! Im an easy going guy so no worries..But i can dish it out pretty good my self jsut a FYI ...As for your last post..Im with ya the #s of bass are definitly down and somethings gotta give>>>Dont no about anyone else here but im a big C(catch)P(photo)R(reaalese)guy...Ill take one just keeper size fish a year the rest swim away safely!

Ill be out tonight looking to feed some hungry fish and take there pics

I was out last night in nomoco and it must have been one of those inconsistent nights you are talking about. Could not catch a bass to save my life! The night was saved by hickory shad. Got 5 on a black teaser. Hope to see some bass and big blues soon.

Out and about i the surf from 9-11pm. moco

Fished CM area this morning for an hour. Incoming tide.One 18" bass on a bucktail with pink grub. Looking for weakies but struck out.

"Trying to keep it real.....it seems to me the bite is very inconsistent....."

The areas I fish have been pretty much devoid of bass though traveling south (or north) one can get into fish, should change soon with this front blowing in
    Wierdest has been the lack of blues, and during a tourney with 200 fishing, very little to show

there were herring, kingfish, 24" redfish, a few short stripers, flounder, sandsharks, spot. No bluefish weighed, no stripers weighed in.

They came with the front this AM 6 to 8 AM released 27 bass to 28" all on jig head and salt and pepper riptide fish were clean with sea lice. will try same tide this afternoon. My counter part had 21 a little west of me.

Got out and fished tonight because you have to be in it to win it. Caught one bass, about 23", on a sluggo. Water was clean and it really looked a lot more fishy and I thought this would be the night. This was in nomoco, Goes to show you can't count the chickens before they hatch. finchaser you are really on a roll lately fantastic catching. I want to join the old grouchy basstard club.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkSkies View Post
    ^^This guy is a member for a short time and you mooks are gonna scare him away.
    lots of ball busting goes on around here...hope ya have a thick skin.........
    Steve, we'll talk about how scary looking I am the next time you're lookin for some real-time intel....
    dark you know I was only busting the new dude, and you as well.

I remember last Oct before Sandy you got your friend the biggest fish of his life. You and I were fishing about 2 miles from him and he was playing with himself not catching a thing. You called him in, even waited in the parking lot for him while I went out there and crushed the bass and blues. I don't think he ever thanked you what a turd.
    What ever happened to that guy, Rip? It seems you are helping the wrong people. Don't mind if you keep the intel to yourself you should go out and fish more. really miss your reports.
    By the way when you are in your hyper mode and shouting at someone what to do to land a fish, you are kind of scary. One of the most intense dudes I have ever met. Now please don't ban me for saying that.

Quote Originally Posted by finchaser View Post
    They came with the front this AM 6 to 8 AM released 27 bass to 28" all on jig head and salt and pepper riptide fish were clean with sea lice. will try same tide this afternoon. My counter part had 21 a little west of me.
    Wow those are some fantastic numbers great catch!

Got back from fishing the surf for a bit.

landed two short bass and a couple of hickories.

I checked the surf cam while at work and I see nice white water which made me switch spots...got there and it was dead flat and just coming off low tide. Some days your the statute!!

Quote Originally Posted by J Barbosa View Post
    . Some days your the statute!!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	crap fest.jpg 
Size:	16.8 KB 
ID:	17659
    Guess it sucks to be you then! Only joshing at least you tried.
    I'm not fishing the surf till the last week of november this year. Waiting for the emaill from finchaser to tell me its epic. Finchaser nice numbers 27 is outstanding. And not even a boat was used?

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast